Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witness

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jan 26, 2016

An exploration-focused puzzle-adventure game led by the creator of the 2008 indie game Braid. While exploring a quiet but colorful island, players must solve a series of maze-like puzzles on numerous electronic puzzle consoles.

Has something been patched in a weird way? (Sudden reoccuring motion-sickness)

MVHVTMV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've heard reports of this game making some people sick from launch, but I played for about 18 hours and finished the game a few days ago (at something like ~440 +50) with very few problems. Except for some of the late-game rotating grid and pillar puzzles I was totally nausea free. I went back this afternoon and tried searching out some more of the secrets (and those goddamn locked-from-the-other-side gates in the underground tunnels) and I found that every time I've tried playing I get sudden unavoidable bouts of nausea/motion-sickness.

I'm wondering has the movement or something of that nature been patched recently and now my body is freaking out after 18 hours of acclimatisation to the old scheme, or something else weird has just happened to me? It's not as though it builds up slowly through a very long play session, it only takes a couple of minutes and it doesn't really seem like I can avoid it. I've tried switching over to a gamepad, sitting at varying distances and editing the FOV, but none of them have made a difference. Has anyone else ever had an experience like this before?

solorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ohnooh: Yes, they recently patched in some things to combat motion-sickness. Apparently it's having the adverse effect in your case.

MVHVTMV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@solorex: Ugh what a pain, thanks for the heads up.

For anyone else who's having this problem, they have an older version of the game as well as a beta version of a future available through the opt-in beta system on steam. I think I've mostly fixed my problem by putting a small sticker in the middle of my monitor to act as a makeshift crosshair, I still get a little woozy though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.