Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Titanfall 2

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Oct 28, 2016

The sequel to Respawn's sci-fi mech-filled first-person shooter, Titanfall 2 adds a deep single-player campaign and revamped multiplayer.

Game of the Year 2016 #4 - Titanfall 2

ht101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

Edited By ht101

Welcome back to the next installment of my Game of the Year blog. If you’ve missed any of my other articles, check them out here: #5, #6, #7, #8, #9 and #10 Today, we take a look at the first of two FPS on my list.

4. Titanfall 2

No Caption Provided

When Titanfall came out, I was really excited to try it out and get into it. However, I didn’t pick it up at launch because I didn’t have the money for it. When I did pick it up, I loved playing it and especially loved the co-op horde mode they put in later. I wasn’t one of the people who was clamoring for a single player campaign though. When Titanfall 2 was announced and a single player campaign was going to be a part of it, I thought it was fine they were doing it.

However, when I actually played the campaign, I was blown away by how great it was. The relationship you have with BT is so well done that I was saddened by events that take place later in the game. The design of the levels was so well done and it made you think about how to traverse the environments instead of just showing you how to get to the next combat encounter. There are points where they show you how to move around the environment but you are given free range to move through stuff if the game allows you to do so. The combat is just as cool as ever and the weapons in the game feel right. This is even without talking about the MP.

No Caption Provided

The new mode they’ve put into this is Bounty Hunt. While Attrition still holds most of my attention, Bounty Hunt is still a nice diversion from time to time. Bounty Hunt has you going to set points on the map and killing AI characters while your opponents try to do the same thing. Each AI enemy you kill gives you a bonus that you can turn into a bank that opens up between the rounds of AI enemies. The biggest part is that you can steal half of the bounty from other players which gives the matches a nice push/pull feel to them. The effect of seeing your Titan fall to you is still amazing and I will never tire of it.

The way you level up is also a really smart thing because it is based on how you use your equipment and not just based on getting kills. Even if you aren’t the best at FPS, you will still be able to get some experience for you next level so you don’t feel like crap about how bad you played during the match. This is an awesome way to get you to mess around with other guns, Titans, and equipment when you otherwise wouldn’t do that.

No Caption Provided

One of the smartest things they’ve done with MP is setting up groups. These allow you to set up games with people who are in the group so you never have to play with random people if you don’t want to. Happy Hour is the other big thing they came up with. During an hour, you can get extra experience so that you are incentivized to play at least once a day because you can normally either level up during Happy Hour or get close enough that you’ll play another match to level up. This has been the MP game that I’ve fallen into this year and I will continue to play it for at least the next year.

Come back later today when I'll reveal my #3 game from last year.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.