Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Titanfall 2

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Oct 28, 2016

The sequel to Respawn's sci-fi mech-filled first-person shooter, Titanfall 2 adds a deep single-player campaign and revamped multiplayer.

Titanfall 2 is a darn fun game. It's on sale. You should buy it. - $29.99 on PSN and XBL

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Update 12-23-16: Back on sale again. 30 dollars on PlayStation Network and Xbox Live. For anyone who gets a PSN or XBL gift card this Christmas, Titanfall 2 would be a good way to spend it. Sale ends on PSN at 8 am on the 26th.

There's also a Double XP weekend going on right now, so join us.

-----------

Thread title changed, because the game is no longer on sale. Black Friday sales have started, and it's barely even Thanksgiving!

[edit] As @thatonedudenick pointed out, the PSN digital version will be $32 and some change after entering the 10% off coupon code D9NGJ7NF3L. If you have anything else to buy, make sure you add it to your cart before you checkout, because I think you can only use that code once.

Ignore the first several replies in this thread, as it was concerning a different sale.

Like the title says, Titanfall 2 is currently 29.99 at Walmart, and if you like online multiplayer shooters even a little, I'd highly recommend it.

Advanced Warfare fans should especially love this game. I personally didn't like Advanced Warfare, but rooftop battles and vertical combat are done perfectly in this game. Both COD titles after AW took away your ability to get on the buildings, but Titanfall 2's map design makes it work. After playing loads of Attrition--the mode with titans and AI targets--I recently started playing Pilots vs Pilots, and it's the game I always wanted Advanced Warfare to be.

I still love the modes with Titans and AI, but being able to also play modes without them almost feels like two games in one.

For anyone who doesn't like the idea of using Titans but is concerned about being limited to one game mode, you should also know that you can just keep your Titan in AI mode and let it kill some AI or other players on its own. It won't be too good about killing the other Titans, but the combination of an AI Titan and human controlled pilot can still gain a lot of points. I've finished at the top of the leaderboards before without ever getting in my Titan, despite calling three of them into battle.

But aside from promoting the fact that you can get this game right now for only 29.99, I wanted to also ask for other opinions about the AW comparison. For those who have played both, which do you enjoy more?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

This is only for the console versions.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@mike: no its not, I got it for pc. A box with a download code in it lol.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like its just Xbox version no pc or ps4

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By mike

@dystopiax said:

@mike: no its not, I got it for pc. A box with a download code in it lol.

You got the PC version at Wal-Mart for $29.99 even though it's still being advertised at full price?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@oursin_360 said:

Looks like its just Xbox version no pc or ps4

@mike said:

This is only for the console versions.

Strange. Just earlier today it was that price for PS4 or PC, and not Xbox One, but I forgot to put that in the title. Sorry for the confusion. The thread title has been updated accordingly, but it's a darn shame that price was pulled so quickly for PC and PS4. I hate how quickly and without notice online prices can change. I guess keep an eye out again on Black Friday / Cyber Monday.

[edit] Now that I've taken another look, I think walmart.com just ran through their stock of the game, or at least the amount of stock they allotted to this particular sale. The PS4 version being offered now displays "Sold & Shipped by ProElectronics Distributing Inc."

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

I only played a bit of each at a friend's behest, and as someone who kinda detests vertical wallrunning hijinks I actually thought CoD: IW felt better. It wasn't overly nutty, it felt like it trivialized the ground game less. But hey, that's only with less than half an hour of multiplayer under my belt.

Titans are still cool but they still didn't really feel satisfying enough; they seem like giant infantry, not a complex vehicular war machine, which is what I guess I wanted all along (I play a lot of Mechwarrior).

I'm sure it's a great game in its own ways but if I couldn't play Battlefield anymore I would most likely pick up Infinite Warfare, and still might who knows

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By huntad

@giantstalker: I'm digging infinite warfare a bit more than titanfall. I don't think titanfall is a bad game, but some of the titans are better than others so it's getting a bit stale. Same with the gun balance. I like how fluid the game is though. I'm not big on wall running, but it feels really good for those who like it. I love the grappling hook too. I guess I'm just not digging the titan gameplay as much as I thought I would. Infinite warfare is cool though.

EDIT: I also did not like advanced warfare, so i guess the comparison is sound? Rooftop battles is the name of the game in titanfall, lol.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This makes me sad because it probably means the game isn't selling well. I paid full price and am quite happy with my purchase.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@cameron said:

This makes me sad because it probably means the game isn't selling well. I paid full price and am quite happy with my purchase.

Battlefield 1 has already been on sale for only five dollars more, so I wouldn't look at this as a sign that the game isn't selling anymore. With a sale that only lasted for such a small amount of time, perhaps they're just trying to measure interest in the title so they know how much stock they'll need for Black Friday / Cyber Monday.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is the most awesome game that ill never be good at. always pisses me off watching people juke around in replays like nothing, and im always at the bottom of the fucking list. the campaign at least is great, so far.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike: I ordered it this morning and on the website it was listed at 29.99. Picked it up in-store at that price. Looks like it must have changed since then, unfortunately.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@ripelivejam said:

this is the most awesome game that ill never be good at. always pisses me off watching people juke around in replays like nothing, and im always at the bottom of the fucking list. the campaign at least is great, so far.

In order to have full control over movement in a first-person game, you REALLY need to have the jump button on a bumper / shoulder button. There's a reason why DICE decided to make L1 / left bumper the jump button for the Mirror's Edge games. If you're not playing the game that way, you're doing yourself a huge disservice.

Rather than bumper jumper, I would strongly suggest the Evolved controller layout. That not only allows you to jump with the left shoulder button, but it allows you to slide by pressing in on the right stick. If you're afraid that it will feel different for a while, just try it out in a private match while you can safely run around the map. Being that you'll be constantly pressing jump and slide, it shouldn't take too long to get used to the change.

The first tip in this video is an example of something that you could never do without playing on bumper jumper or evolved. You simply can't jump, turn and shoot with a default controller layout. This is also the reason why SMGs have such great hip-fire accuracy. Because the game is designed for players to turn and shoot while they're in the air.

Loading Video...

Also, if you want to get the most distance out of your jumps, always slide first. By sliding off a rooftop, you can get a good deal of distance before activating your jump. You might think that starting a double jump from the edge of the rooftop would be better, but it's not.

Once you start learning little techniques like this, it should really help your movement. Try the map Eden in a private match, and practice quickly getting up to the train rail system. Also note that once you're running alongside the rail, you can jump off and then jump again to safely and quickly land on top of the rail. It's the same concept as the first tip in the video above.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

New sale on Titanfall 2, this time from Best Buy as a deal of the day. Details in thread title, and the first post.

dafdiego777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Origin is also running a sale on the pc version. Use code TITAN20 to bring the price down to ~$30.

YummyTreeSap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Origin is also running a sale on the pc version. Use code TITAN20 to bring the price down to ~$30.

It's on sale for $40, but that code doesn't seem to do anything extra.

dafdiego777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummytreesap: I just used it myself, so idk why it isn't working for you. You put it in the proper place at checkout right?

YummyTreeSap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dafdiego777: Yep. Did you do it in the Origin client or the web page?

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac: Is the key to maintaining momentum while you're bunny hopping to slightly turn as you're bouncing? I'm playing with a controller and that's been my only issue so far, otherwise Evolved covers everything I need.

zombievac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been buying more "boxed" PC games (which are just codes often, or one DVD and the rest of the 60 GB is downloaded, haha) lately because of these sales. I haven't once paid more than $35 for a PC game this holiday season so far, because of BB Gamers Club, with RewardZone & their credit card, and their $10 coupon for pre-orders. It does only apply to boxed products, so I've been buying them. More and more PC games aren't getting a boxed copy at all, but most this season have and it's meant great prices, even on release day!

Works even better on XBox and PS4 titles, as they're (almost) always boxed if there is a $60 version of the game.

Seriously, I haven't paid more than $45 at launch for something in quite a while, except maybe Mafia 3, which only had a boxed collector's edition for PC - so I got that at 30% off and ebayed it for more than I paid without the game included.

dafdiego777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JJBSterling

I guess it's not exactly a good sign that it keeps going on sale but I'm glad it is because I'm definitely looking to get it cheap with how IW has been treating me since launch.

These prices haven't been available to Canada yet (as far as I can tell) but with how many times I've seen it around $30 on American stores in the past week or so I'm hoping I can get it in Canada for at least $40 or $50 during Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

wallee321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked it up at launch for the Xbox One. I mostly only play exclusive games on it, but sometimes pick up a game just to give the system some use. Beat the campaign, messed around a bit with the online side. I like it, but most of the time I only play multiplayer for 20 minutes to an hour, and then jump into whatever singleplayer game I'm working on.

It's tempting pick up the PS4 version, but I'm going to hold off and hope the PS4 digital version goes down to $36 next week like the Xbox version will for Black Friday.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@dharmabum said:

@spaceinsomniac: Is the key to maintaining momentum while you're bunny hopping to slightly turn as you're bouncing? I'm playing with a controller and that's been my only issue so far, otherwise Evolved covers everything I need.

I'm not very good at it yet myself, but I think the key is to air-strafe during your jumps. You also can't double jump, or it will ruin your momentum. Apparently it also doesn't work well with auto-run, so don't enable that in the options.

You hold left or right almost all the way on the left stick, just like you would be walking to the side, but instead you're jumping. You pre-load a slide while you're in the air, and then the moment you hit the ground, you jump again, and then pre-load another slide. At the same time, you're strafing to the left or right, but because you spend such little time touching the ground, you don't actually move left or right. Instead, you turn with the right stick, if needed. You'll know you're doing it right if your gun stays at the same sideways angle that it's held when you do a standard slide.

This video was from the tech test, and where he says that walls slow you down, that no longer applies. Feel free to mix it up.

Loading Video...

Luchalma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's a tempting price and it might be nice to have for the campaign, but when it comes to multiplayer games I'm a Battlefield only guy.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac: Thanks for the pointers. I didn't know about turning off the auto-run thing. People like FrothyOmen make it look so easy haha. I need to boot up a custom game and just practice keeping speed as long as possible.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

On sale here in Aus. Downloading now. Another game to split my time amongst

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

It's the only shooter I've actually gotten into MP properly since BF3, even overwatch didn't grab me as much. I just really love the super fast pace of it. And strangely enough while I usually feel tension and anxiety playing competitive MP games, I feel completely relaxed and chill when playing the MP in this, I don't even get pissed at bad deaths/luck (much).

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@dafdiego777: Yep. Did you do it in the Origin client or the web page?

Tried it successfully a couple hours ago myself, on the web page. Maybe give it another shot?

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DharmaBum

I agree with the PSA in the title.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Yes. Buy this game.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By glots

Buy it now, as recommended by Giant Bomb's Five Stars!

Loading Video...
    SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glots said:

Buy it now, as recommended by Giant Bomb's Five Stars!

Buy it now, for 29.99.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still available at bestbuy.com, but currently sold out at both Amazon and Walmart.com. That doesn't even account for the amount of games that will be sold this Black Friday in stores themselves. It looks like there will be a lot more Titanfall 2 players soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you prefer a digital version, Flash sale on PSN right now. Comes to $32 and some change with coupon code D9NGJ7NF3L.

If there's one good thing about digital downloads--and there is only about one good thing, IMO--it's that there's never an issue of running out of stock.

Thanks for the heads up.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

In stock and available at Walmart.com for $27, still available at bestbuy.com for $30, and of course still available on PSN and XBL.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone in Ireland interested in this can pick it up from Smyths toys for €34.99 until Monday night. Ps4 and Xbox One. Cheapest Ive seen it here and cheaper than the PSN sale price.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac: Man you really must love this game, if I didn't know you'd been on this site for so long I'd think you were a paid advertiser.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@ivdamke:

I'm really bad--or is that good--when it comes to promoting games I enjoy, especially when they're on sale. For example, I've made several threads about Borderlands: The Handsome Collection before, whenever it was on sale. Speaking of which.

Still one of the best values in gaming.

Plus, when it comes to Titanfall 2, there is an element of self-interest there as well, considering that the better this game does, the more likely it will be to be supported for longer, and the more likely it is there will be an eventual Titanfall 3.

Avatar image for cursethesemetalhands
    CurseTheseMetalHands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sadly, I know I won't touch the multiplayer, and even $30 is more than I'm willing to pay for a 6- to 8-hour campaign. It seriously bums me out that the original Infinity Ward guys didn't take one of the coolest elements from their CoD days and put some co-op/team Special Ops missions in their giant mech game. Seems like a massive missed opportunity to me.

I'll probably pick it up next year when it's on sale for $15.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#42  Edited By Humanity

@cursethesemetalhands: Well it's mainly a multiplayer title, and as such it has a much better campaign than it has any right having. Having said that, the campaign alone is definitely not worth the entry price. Heck, the Infinite Warfare campaign has a lot more production value dumped on it and I wouldn't say thats worth the asking price for a single player experience alone either. Sadly these days the offline, single player campaigns are becoming an afterthought as multiplayer portions of games are the main money makers.

Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Colonel_Pockets

@spaceinsomniac: Thanks for keeping these forums updated with Titanfall news. I love the game and I can't stop playing it. I just wish more people would buy it. I got a friend of mine to pick it up today though!

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

You know how 'is this frog factions 2' is a thing.

When this game really get's going I'm often left wondering 'is this half life 3?' In other words everyone should play the campaign and when it's on sale you can totally justify paying for the campaign alone.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Back on sale again, for the week on XBL, and for the flash sale on PSN. $29.99.

Warning: This video contains vague spoilers of major campaign events.

Loading Video...
    @yesiamaduck said:

You know how 'is this frog factions 2' is a thing.

When this game really get's going I'm often left wondering 'is this half life 3?' In other words everyone should play the campaign and when it's on sale you can totally justify paying for the campaign alone.

Agreed, but the people who will get the most out of this game are those who do end up enjoying the multiplayer. Personally, I'd wait until the game hits around the 20 dollar mark before recommending it to people who have absolutely no interest in even trying the multiplayer modes.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also a double xp weekend which has already started I believe.

FreshlySquozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By FreshlySquozen

Trying to choose between this, Watch Dogs 2 (also on sale), or Stardew Valley.

EDIT: Went with Titanfall 2. Figure I need to get in on that since it's a mostly multiplayer game, while Watch Dogs and Stardew would be single player experiences.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trying to choose between this, Watch Dogs 2 (also on sale), or Stardew Valley.

EDIT: Went with Titanfall 2. Figure I need to get in on that since it's a mostly multiplayer game, while Watch Dogs and Stardew would be single player experiences.

Cool. There will also be many new Christmas players, so it's a good time to start. Be sure to join the community, if you haven't already. Some of us were playing for several hours yesterday. The link is in the first post.

Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@freshlysquozen: If you like online shooters with an alright single player campaign then you've made the right choice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.