Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tokimeki Memorial

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 27, 1994

Tokimeki Memorial is the first in the long-running series of dating sims by Konami which started life on the PC Engine. Released in 1994, it boosted the popularity of the dating sim genre in Japan immensely.

My descent into amorous madness. With accompanying screenshots.

• 59 results
    Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Edited By Video_Game_King
    Part the 一番目
    Part the 一番目

It wasn't supposed to happen like this. My plans for Tokimeki Memorial were very different back then. Oh, how I wish I could relive those naive days. "Dating sim? That would be the perfect venue for my snarky pictorial prose." But then....something happened, and....I think it's best if I just show you. Join me as we map my spiraling insanity.

I'm a man who loves his puns.
    I'm a man who loves his puns.
    And then I get to decide somebody else's birthday, because...I have no goddamn clue.
    And then I get to decide somebody else's birthday, because...I have no goddamn clue.
    (I didn't think I could get into a top school, but luckily, I made it in.) And it was here that I realized that this is essentially a very talkative Persona alternative.
    (I didn't think I could get into a top school, but luckily, I made it in.) And it was here that I realized that this is essentially a very talkative Persona alternative.
    That smile....that dumb,
    That smile....that dumb, "I'm in on it, aren't I?" smile....it's gonna get to me.
    "So, you.....".....I just can't look at that face without cracking up each time. DAMN YOU, KONAMI! DAMN YOU AND YOUR MIND GAMES!
    (Uh-huh. Let's both do our very best.)
    (Uh-huh. Let's both do our very best.) "Shiori, did you put a box of tacks on my seat? Like, the actual box of tacks? And without any tacks in it?" "I don't know. *giggle*"
    (Oh, the ceremonies are just starting. I'll meet you later. My mom's coming.) There are only two options for what this girl's mom is like: a hyper-positive genki girl who farts rainbows out of every orifice, or a beaten down, utterly depressed woman who long ago lost the ability to put up with this upbeat daughter of hers.
    (Oh, the ceremonies are just starting. I'll meet you later. My mom's coming.) There are only two options for what this girl's mom is like: a hyper-positive genki girl who farts rainbows out of every orifice, or a beaten down, utterly depressed woman who long ago lost the ability to put up with this upbeat daughter of hers.
    For whatever reason, the most sinister
    For whatever reason, the most sinister "Konami action game" music plays as soon as this guy appears.
    (Uh...well....(Man, not this guy, again...)) Aw hell. He's
    (Uh...well....(Man, not this guy, again...)) Aw hell. He's "that guy". That asshole who never quite gets that you want nothing to do with him. This oughta be fun.
    (Well, is that right....Could you tell me what she's like?)
    (Well, is that right....Could you tell me what she's like?) "Well, she has this absolutely adorable smile. Cutest thing you'll ever see. It's like she took the most amazing shit of her life, but she doesn't know what poop is."
    Or maybe he's gonna be my romantic rival, given how the translation's something like,
    Or maybe he's gonna be my romantic rival, given how the translation's something like, "Sounds like a strange idea, but I'll go with it." Who the hell knows?
    "....I just wanted to know what her personality's like, man. How did you even find out her blood type?"
    (Mmhm, and her measurements?) OK, that settles it. He's the asshole friend from before, but with a hint of sleazy pervert who won't know what to do when he's fired from his job pumping gas in ten years.
    (Mmhm, and her measurements?) OK, that settles it. He's the asshole friend from before, but with a hint of sleazy pervert who won't know what to do when he's fired from his job pumping gas in ten years.
    And this guy....I don't know what's up with him. He reverse blinks (I had to slow the game way the hell down to get an open eye) and he constantly has a headache. Then again, given the characters we've encountered so far, I can't really blame him.
    And this guy....I don't know what's up with him. He reverse blinks (I had to slow the game way the hell down to get an open eye) and he constantly has a headache. Then again, given the characters we've encountered so far, I can't really blame him.
    (But there are a lot of cute girls at this school. Let's do our best.)
    (But there are a lot of cute girls at this school. Let's do our best.) "At what? Getting good grades or getting with the ladies?" "................................................"
    AH! WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED HERE!? NEXT SCREENSHOT. NEXT SCREENSHOT.
    AH! WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED HERE!? NEXT SCREENSHOT. NEXT SCREENSHOT.
    (Sorry. Did I keep you waiting?)
    (Sorry. Did I keep you waiting?) "How could you keep me waiting? Schools stick to predictable schedules. In fact, aren't we in the same class or something?"
    (N, no. It's not like that. What are you doing here?)
    (N, no. It's not like that. What are you doing here?) "It isn't safe here, Shiori. This really suspicious looking orange-haired kid tried talking to me earlier, and he wanted to know your measurements and your blood type and all of these other things. Then he was possessed by a demon and.....Listen: we need to get out of here FAST." "..........What?"
    She's explaining a rumor she heard. That rumor? That there's a giant fucking tree in front of the school. All while effing Ahriman is hot on her tail.
    She's explaining a rumor she heard. That rumor? That there's a giant fucking tree in front of the school. All while effing Ahriman is hot on her tail.
    "I had not yet noticed this large tree on the campus. You were wise to alert me to it, Shiori."

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Check out that giant tree man. I hate to say it but as soon as I saw that dudes picture I was like "Hey it is the token sleazy asshole character!" Watch out for the dude who never opens his eyes, if this follows the usual tropes he will actually be god or something in disguise and or slumming it for jollies.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Darji

Ah I remember this tree. Wasnt this the tree under which you must confess your love so it will be eternal? XD

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

@darji:

Wait, have you played this game? Or is it a recurring feature in Tokimeki games?

@karkarov said:

Watch out for the dude who never opens his eyes

Oh, we've got far worse things to worry about than him. Far, far worse.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Darji

@video_game_king said:

@darji:

Wait, have you played this game? Or is it a recurring feature in Tokimeki games?

@karkarov said:

Watch out for the dude who never opens his eyes

Oh, we've got far worse things to worry about than him. Far, far worse.

I played several dating sims yeah but I think I did not play this game particular since mine had voice acting as far I can remember. Maybe it was a remake?

edit: I looked it up and yes I played the 1995 remake on Playstation with voice acting. So i think it is this tree XD

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji: @video_game_king
    I think that is just one of those things a lot of these games do. I have yet to play a japanese game that goes down at a school where there isn't a "big ass tree" subplot in there somehow even if it is a small one. Well maybe Persona 4 :P, but look where it went down they had big ass trees all over.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By mrfluke

your definitely jumping straight into madness.

godspeed.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Hopefully your madness doesn't end like this...

Loading Video...

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Well done, I guess this gets the special privilege of being the first thread I read in 2014. Anyway, I much prefer the King's Translation to the proper translation.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Darji

@karkarov: Na it was this tree. And It says that if you confess your love under that tree at your graduation day you will stay a happy couple forever.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toowalrus:

Wait, this one has a translation? I thought only the Girl's Side games had translations.

@karkarov

I feel I could name an example, but right now, nothing's coming to me.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@video_game_king: Yeah sadly only the girl side ones have a translation. I really wonder why though... Guess guys rather play the hentai dating sims but I do not know.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Video_Game_King

@darji:

It probably has more to do with technical issues. Have you noticed that the resolution is much huger than it usually is for an SNES game? I suspect that's because it's using the mouse, and that's tripping up ROM hackers. Among other things, of course.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@toowalrus:

Wait, this one has a translation? I thought only the Girl's Side games had translations.

What I meant was, you'll translate the screenshot yourself, then commentate on it. This feature wouldn't be the same without stuff like "It's like she took the most amazing shit of her life, but she doesn't know what poop is." Though, tell me that's what the Japanese says and I'll believe you. Promise.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Darji

@video_game_king: Yeah maybe.

A really good and old one however is true love which comes very close to this series, but with additional hentai scenes. And the best part is that it was translated^^

No Caption Provided

I really love the RP element in these games in which you decide what you want to do in your time and how this will effect your appeal to certain girls. Sadly not many Hgames have such a feature but rather are story and choices only..

ilikepopcans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I tried to play this VN about your parent getting with a devil and the devil twin girls want you and than

dialogue happen for like ever.

billymaysrip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By billymaysrip

@darji: You mean True Love, the game that was localized by Otaku Publishing that also localized such classy games as Time Stripper and the Paradise Heights series? I played those games during a dark, forgotten time, and all I have to say is that Anze has the most anime eyes ever. Mayumi gets a close second. If you really wish to descend in erotica madness, all of the games localized by Otaku Publishing are GREAT!

Edit: oh yah, here is the amazing website for Time Stipper from 1998. It's NSFW also. Also, all of the Otaku translated games are currently playable at http://tss.asenheim.org/.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji: You mean True Love, the game that was localized by Otaku Publishing that also localized such classy games as Time Stripper and the Paradise Heights series? I played those games during a dark, forgotten time, and all I have to say is that Anze has the most anime eyes ever. Mayumi gets a close second. If you really wish to descend in erotica madness, all of the games localized by Otaku Publishing are GREAT!

Edit: oh yah, here is the amazing website for Time Stipper from 1998. It's NSFW also. Also, all of the Otaku translated games are currently playable at http://tss.asenheim.org/.

Yeah that one. And yeah that site is great for nostalgia ^^

Also back in the day I already played these games but I also play more recently released games with the last one being White Album 2 which introductory Chapter is 70% complete translated. Also if you don't understand Japanese a all there is a very nice tool called Visual Novel reader which does a pretty good job of translating the texts as well.

No Caption Provided

But sadly these do not really help with Tokimeki like games since there are a lot of stats and other things you need to know about. You will get the basic story however. And even with my level of Japanese I probably could play a lot of these games but it would just take way too much time in the end.

But enough of that so it will not derail this great thread in the end...

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#18  Edited By pyromagnestir

I'm not ready for this.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Flappy

Oddly enough, I'm reading an LP of this game on another site and it does some pretty interesting things. Life-sims (that's what we're gonna call them, right?) Are interesting, to say the least.

Oh, and True Love is, uh, a special game. Managing stats is a fun thing to do, but the shit the MC experiences just to get a girlfriend? Riiiiidiculous. Never fall in love with a rich girl and don't buy charms from shady street merchants.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@video_game_king: Yeah, I totally used the wrong term in my initial post. Hell, I don't even know how it popped into my head. I look forward to more craziness courtesy of 90s Dating Sims.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I believe this video warrants posting.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turambar:

Without spoiling anything, this thread will end quite differently.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Games like Tokimeki Memorial make me wonder what a "modern remake" would look like.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Part the 二番目
    Part the 二番目

And so our quest to end the demonic hegemony continues. Will this be the update that sees it toppled? Probably not. This is only the second one.

And these are our gameplay options, folks. Let me run down the list on the far left:
    And these are our gameplay options, folks. Let me run down the list on the far left:
    Appreciate the futility of language.
    Appreciate the futility of language.
    Start a meth lab.
    Start a meth lab.
    Mock the preschoolers' art. Smug bastards.
    Mock the preschoolers' art. Smug bastards.
    I've got no fucking clue what THAT is.
    I've got no fucking clue what THAT is.
    Assault the castle.
    Assault the castle.
    Join a skinhead rally.
    Join a skinhead rally.
    Tell the skinheads that things just aren't working out anymore.
    Tell the skinheads that things just aren't working out anymore.
    Make sure the skinheads will never be a problem for you ever again.
    Make sure the skinheads will never be a problem for you ever again.
    The skinheads know your home phone number. You'll have to leave the country.
    The skinheads know your home phone number. You'll have to leave the country.
    Kali Ma.
    Kali Ma.
    You'll never escape them. They will find you, no matter what.
    You'll never escape them. They will find you, no matter what.
    They have already dug your grave. Or maybe it's Options.
    They have already dug your grave. Or maybe it's Options.
    You have to do it after school...which is apparently mid day. How the hell do Japanese schools work, again?
    You have to do it after school...which is apparently mid day. How the hell do Japanese schools work, again?
    (Is that a girl on Yoshio's side?.....She's got quite a cute voice on her.) Don't you dare try to date this girl's little sister. This girl whom we haven't physically met and may not even personally know. Yeesh. Two updates in, and just as many men are reprehensible perverts. Ol' Migraine can't be too far behind.
    (Is that a girl on Yoshio's side?.....She's got quite a cute voice on her.) Don't you dare try to date this girl's little sister. This girl whom we haven't physically met and may not even personally know. Yeesh. Two updates in, and just as many men are reprehensible perverts. Ol' Migraine can't be too far behind.
    BULLSHIT. THIS GIRL IS NOTHING BUT SMILES AND IGNORANT POOPS.
    BULLSHIT. THIS GIRL IS NOTHING BUT SMILES AND IGNORANT POOPS.
    (There's not much I can do. Looks like I'm heading home alone today.) *maniacal cackling*
    (There's not much I can do. Looks like I'm heading home alone today.) *maniacal cackling*
    (Golden Week begins today.) Ah, Constitution Memorial Day. The perfect day for love.
    (Golden Week begins today.) Ah, Constitution Memorial Day. The perfect day for love.
    Night Parade? OK, that sounds less like a fun time for all and more like a time of ritualistic sacrifice. Still, who am I to question an (apparently) amorous opportunity?
    Night Parade? OK, that sounds less like a fun time for all and more like a time of ritualistic sacrifice. Still, who am I to question an (apparently) amorous opportunity?
    And for my first date, I propose the game center. Will my gaming knowledge win her over? Will I win her over with the power of Arino and crew? Tune in tomorrow for the answer!
    And for my first date, I propose the game center. Will my gaming knowledge win her over? Will I win her over with the power of Arino and crew? Tune in tomorrow for the answer!

Loading Video...

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's either a dumbbell or a freaky dildo/vibrator thing. That's my guess. I look forward to finding out if I'm right, and if so, which one it is!

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Video_Game_King
    pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@video_game_king:

I suppose it could. Though this game seems to predate the shake weight. But maybe it's where the idea originated?

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extomar said:

Games like Tokimeki Memorial make me wonder what a "modern remake" would look like.

what do you mean with modern? These games still being made XD

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Part the 三番目
    Part the 三番目

So much happens in today's update. Where do I even begin? If I'm smart, probably with that cliffhanger from yesterday.

(Ummm.....Sorry. I've got plans that day.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_
    (Ummm.....Sorry. I've got plans that day.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_
    Why do I own a giant black dildo?
    Why do I own a giant black dildo?
    YOUR SMILE IS A PRETENDER SMILE. *runs down hall crying*
    YOUR SMILE IS A PRETENDER SMILE. *runs down hall crying*
    The hell's that music playing over this screenshot? Is there a Kingdom Hearts battle just to the side that I'm completely missing?
    The hell's that music playing over this screenshot? Is there a Kingdom Hearts battle just to the side that I'm completely missing?
    All you really need to know is that it's one of those annoying
    All you really need to know is that it's one of those annoying "hit the A and B buttons in alternating order" type of games that's incredibly easy to fuck up.
    Plus I'm pretty sure it's tied to your strength stat, anyway, making my previous efforts utterly pointless. Still, I managed to beat....I can't remember his name, over on the right, so that's always something, right?
    Plus I'm pretty sure it's tied to your strength stat, anyway, making my previous efforts utterly pointless. Still, I managed to beat....I can't remember his name, over on the right, so that's always something, right?
    "When she said 'Let's meet at the park', I didn't think she meant a children's playground."
    Shiori! You look....different. I wasn't aware you had any emotion besides
    Shiori! You look....different. I wasn't aware you had any emotion besides "childlike squee."
    Because you were going to fucking asking for it, anyway. Don't deny it. We both know you were.
    Because you were going to fucking asking for it, anyway. Don't deny it. We both know you were.
    (I had fun today.) We had an excellent time standing in this one area, asking one question, and doing nothing else.
    (I had fun today.) We had an excellent time standing in this one area, asking one question, and doing nothing else.
    (People might get ideas if they see us walking home together. It's just too embarrassing.)
    (People might get ideas if they see us walking home together. It's just too embarrassing.) "Wait, what's there to be embarrassed about? We just went on a date yesterday. People are gonna know that there's something between us. " "A girl's gotta keep her options open. You understand that, right?"
    Later that month, our resident demon
    Later that month, our resident demon "friend" tells us about his plan to cut the giants down to size. Getsuki's fuckin' loving it.
    (Sorry. I've got plans that day. And you tried so hard!)
    (Sorry. I've got plans that day. And you tried so hard!) "Oh. Well, do you know when you're gonna be ava....She hung up on me."
    Ouch. That probably explains why.
    Ouch. That probably explains why.
    It's even worse than I imagined. He still can't tell the difference between rock and scissors.
    It's even worse than I imagined. He still can't tell the difference between rock and scissors.
    Do not try to distract me from my goals, Tokimeki Memorial. No number of girls shall make me forget the vicious demon who is still at large.
    Do not try to distract me from my goals, Tokimeki Memorial. No number of girls shall make me forget the vicious demon who is still at large.
    (What a weird hairstyle.) And that's all we're gonna know about her for the rest of this feature.
    (What a weird hairstyle.) And that's all we're gonna know about her for the rest of this feature.
    *cries a little bit, knowing I won't get love on that most special day*
    *cries a little bit, knowing I won't get love on that most special day*
    "Somebody entering a public bathhouse? What kind of shady shit's going on in this city?"
    What happened, Shiori? What happened between us? I remember a time when you were nothing but smiles and more smiles, but now that we're dating, it's like your heart's not even in it. What do I have to do to see that smiling girl I knew long ago?
    What happened, Shiori? What happened between us? I remember a time when you were nothing but smiles and more smiles, but now that we're dating, it's like your heart's not even in it. What do I have to do to see that smiling girl I knew long ago?

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@video_game_king: Did you peel into it? Also if you are nice to other girls these can become jealous and spread bad bad rumors about you. So better be careful. Also you should do what I do in these games first. Either Study a ton and go for the glasses Girl or if possible and if there is an option always go for the Teacher or the nurse^^

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji:

Fuck that shit! I'm going for Shiori! Keep my eyes on the prize! I WILL SEE THAT SMILE YET!

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Shiori sounds like she really needs to get her shit together.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Part the 四番目
    Part the 四番目

Guys....I think something's wrong with Shiori. I can't say any more than that, but something's up with her, and I don't like where it's going.

(This is like a scene from a romance novel.) Ah, yes, the famous
    (This is like a scene from a romance novel.) Ah, yes, the famous "walking through the park" scene in every romance novel.
    Hooray! Her smile's back! I mean, it's not her trademark smile, but it's a step closer. This relationship's gonna work out in the end.
    Hooray! Her smile's back! I mean, it's not her trademark smile, but it's a step closer. This relationship's gonna work out in the end.
    IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER!!!!!
    IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER!!!!!
    (Today's my birthday.) I say at night, completely alone.
    (Today's my birthday.) I say at night, completely alone.
    What sweet hell hath greeted mine eyes?
    What sweet hell hath greeted mine eyes?
    (Aw, but I wanted to go to a concert.) Sorry, but I don't date girls who look like they got out of strangely abusive relationships.
    (Aw, but I wanted to go to a concert.) Sorry, but I don't date girls who look like they got out of strangely abusive relationships.
    No Caption Provided
    Moving right along...
    Moving right along...
    I really, REALLY hope you didn't just call her a guy.
    I really, REALLY hope you didn't just call her a guy.
    (Fi-fifty kilometers every morning!?...You wouldn't happen to go to Kirameki High, would you?) I think the translation speaks for itself.
    (Fi-fifty kilometers every morning!?...You wouldn't happen to go to Kirameki High, would you?) I think the translation speaks for itself.
    (She's one of the school's top swimmers. For some reason, I was expecting a clumsier (?) girl.) For a second, there, I thought Getsuki was implying that he thought this girl was some sort of amorphous invertebrate.
    (She's one of the school's top swimmers. For some reason, I was expecting a clumsier (?) girl.) For a second, there, I thought Getsuki was implying that he thought this girl was some sort of amorphous invertebrate.
    The hell is that music? I don't even really know how to describe it. Like Louis XIV didn't know how to write video game music?
    The hell is that music? I don't even really know how to describe it. Like Louis XIV didn't know how to write video game music?
    (Sorry. I needed some time to get ready.)
    (Sorry. I needed some time to get ready.) "I had trouble picking an outfit. What do you think of my jean jacket look?"
    Yea, that's one 素敵 Goemon reference on display.
    Yea, that's one 素敵 Goemon reference on display.
    Apparently, she agrees with what she just said a second ago. And it's absolutely adorable.
    Apparently, she agrees with what she just said a second ago. And it's absolutely adorable.
    They really can't get over how amazing that Goemon reference was. I swear that's gonna be all they're talking about for the next twelve updates.
    They really can't get over how amazing that Goemon reference was. I swear that's gonna be all they're talking about for the next twelve updates.
    As soon as she appears, the most anime music starts playing. I have no reason to distrust the music yet.
    As soon as she appears, the most anime music starts playing. I have no reason to distrust the music yet.
    She manages to speak out each dot, because fuck your rules, man. Fuck 'em hard.
    She manages to speak out each dot, because fuck your rules, man. Fuck 'em hard.
    Oh sweet shit. A date at the public library? What's worse: that I'm a cheap date, or that she's excited at this prospect?
    Oh sweet shit. A date at the public library? What's worse: that I'm a cheap date, or that she's excited at this prospect?
    (Everybody's quietly studying.)
    (Everybody's quietly studying.) "Why did you think this would be a good place for a date, again?"
    Cut to a few days later, when the game introduces me to the girl I'm already dating. I wish I was kidding. I really, really do.
    Cut to a few days later, when the game introduces me to the girl I'm already dating. I wish I was kidding. I really, really do.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Video_Game_King
    Part the 五番目
    Part the 五番目

And then things got weird.

Water tribe building? What? Does that mean I'm living in the world of Avatar? Does that mean I'm going to school with Vaatu? Because that would make all the sense in the world.
    Water tribe building? What? Does that mean I'm living in the world of Avatar? Does that mean I'm going to school with Vaatu? Because that would make all the sense in the world.
    (But, there has to be a zoo area.) I have to imagine my character's saying that line through gushing tears.
    (But, there has to be a zoo area.) I have to imagine my character's saying that line through gushing tears.
    (Oh, Shiori. Today's your birthday, right?)
    (Oh, Shiori. Today's your birthday, right?) "I have you to thank for that one. Somehow."
    (Fortunately, I bought a present for just such an occasion.) Really? I don't remember buying anything. I don't even remember having that option. Still, I guess it's better than the Princess Maker days, when the only presents I could afford were disease.
    (Fortunately, I bought a present for just such an occasion.) Really? I don't remember buying anything. I don't even remember having that option. Still, I guess it's better than the Princess Maker days, when the only presents I could afford were disease.
    So....it's finally happened. I've lost her. She's gone. It's over.
    So....it's finally happened. I've lost her. She's gone. It's over.
    A fitting present for demon spawn like yourself.
    A fitting present for demon spawn like yourself.
    (She doesn't look very happy...I think I gave her the wrong present.) AND HOW DO I THINK I FEEL AFTER FINDING OUT THAT YOU GAVE YOUR BODY TO THE DEVIL!?
    (She doesn't look very happy...I think I gave her the wrong present.) AND HOW DO I THINK I FEEL AFTER FINDING OUT THAT YOU GAVE YOUR BODY TO THE DEVIL!?
    Again, pretty sure the translation is all the joke I need.
    Again, pretty sure the translation is all the joke I need.
    (Oh, that reminds me: there are a lot of tests coming up. You been studying?)
    (Oh, that reminds me: there are a lot of tests coming up. You been studying?) "No, not really. It's been hard to focus on....well, anything, really, now that I've found out how many demons attend our school." "何言ってるか? You crazy, man."
    You know what? I'm finally ready to move on. And why not move on to literally the first girl I saw after that demonic revelation?
    You know what? I'm finally ready to move on. And why not move on to literally the first girl I saw after that demonic revelation?
    Man, I feel bad for that guy on the left. The other two guys have
    Man, I feel bad for that guy on the left. The other two guys have "We're getting laid" faces (especially the guy on the right; he looks like he hasn't gotten any in a while); Lefty's simply content sitting in that chair incorrectly.
    You know that reverse blinking kid I mentioned a few updates ago? The one who never showed up again after that? Turns out he's rich enough to hire man servants. But no matter how rich you are, there are some things money can't buy.
    You know that reverse blinking kid I mentioned a few updates ago? The one who never showed up again after that? Turns out he's rich enough to hire man servants. But no matter how rich you are, there are some things money can't buy.
    Like good fashion sense.
    Like good fashion sense.
    (I really hate him...) Or friends, if you want the saccharine answer.
    (I really hate him...) Or friends, if you want the saccharine answer.
    BE GONE, HELL SPAWN. BE GONE ON THIS MOST HALLOWED OF DAYS.
    BE GONE, HELL SPAWN. BE GONE ON THIS MOST HALLOWED OF DAYS.
    OK, good. I get to pick one of these presents, feeding off Richy Rei's table scraps.
    OK, good. I get to pick one of these presents, feeding off Richy Rei's table scraps.
    So of course, I go for the one with a bunch of inverted buttcheeks on it.
    So of course, I go for the one with a bunch of inverted buttcheeks on it.
    And am punished accordingly.
    And am punished accordingly.
    (How do I spend New Year's day.) Chug down some tea and go crazy with the mikans? Which I guess is the Japanese New Year tradition?
    (How do I spend New Year's day.) Chug down some tea and go crazy with the mikans? Which I guess is the Japanese New Year tradition?
    (Getsuki. 明けまして、おめでとう。 Happy New Year.) Or I could go out with a girl, for once. A girl who speaks all of her first sentences in English, in case you were confused about that one screenshot WAAAAY before.
    (Getsuki. 明けまして、おめでとう。 Happy New Year.) Or I could go out with a girl, for once. A girl who speaks all of her first sentences in English, in case you were confused about that one screenshot WAAAAY before.

FUCKING WHAT!?
    FUCKING WHAT!?

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Darji

@video_game_king: That is why you never go for the number one girl they are so demanding XD

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Part the 六番目
    Part the 六番目

Happy New Year! Let's ignore the fact that this was a week ago. We're diving headfirst into love!

That's right, Mr. Mouse. Target the youth. They are the cornerstone of your global conquest.
    That's right, Mr. Mouse. Target the youth. They are the cornerstone of your global conquest.
    (Romantic success) It IS a dating sim, after all.
    (Romantic success) It IS a dating sim, after all.
    I MUST MOVE ON. I MUST KNOW.
    I MUST MOVE ON. I MUST KNOW.
    .....I don't know. Something's being granted, probably, but that's the best I can make of it.
    .....I don't know. Something's being granted, probably, but that's the best I can make of it.
    Perhaps the wisdom of the graphite gods will be clearer.
    Perhaps the wisdom of the graphite gods will be clearer.
    And then everything started moving REALLY fast.
    And then everything started moving REALLY fast.
    And then....darkness. I think we can all infer why.
    And then....darkness. I think we can all infer why.
    (Horrid luck) Oh, you guys are WAY late with this one. A little past a month late, in fact.
    (Horrid luck) Oh, you guys are WAY late with this one. A little past a month late, in fact.
    So far, I've been greeted with one ambiguous fortune, wide-sweeping darkness, and a girl laughing in my face. With her mind. What a way to start the year.
    So far, I've been greeted with one ambiguous fortune, wide-sweeping darkness, and a girl laughing in my face. With her mind. What a way to start the year.
    (Fortunately, I got
    (Fortunately, I got "great luck".) Way to rub it in.
    (Maan. I'm jealous.) WAY TO RUB IT IN.
    (Maan. I'm jealous.) WAY TO RUB IT IN.
    (It's after school. I feel something strange.) Don't we all?
    (It's after school. I feel something strange.) Don't we all?
    (Sorry.) Really? Your face doesn't look sorry. Your face looks....like Shiori's.....http://youtu.be/w5-xABFttRk.....
    (Sorry.) Really? Your face doesn't look sorry. Your face looks....like Shiori's.....http://youtu.be/w5-xABFttRk.....
    Perhaps here we can find the waterbending secrets we truly need.
    Perhaps here we can find the waterbending secrets we truly need.
    (美しいだね。 There are so many pretty fish.) Yep, those three (or four) fish sure do look absolutely gorgeous.
    (美しいだね。 There are so many pretty fish.) Yep, those three (or four) fish sure do look absolutely gorgeous.
    Wait a minute,
    Wait a minute, "So fun" and "とても楽しかったわね" mean the exact same thing. Does that mean I'm dating Paarthurnax?...........I am cool with that.
    I'm only taking her here so I can learn what the English word for
    I'm only taking her here so I can learn what the English word for "horrible fashion sense" is.
    Let's just say that it's taking a LOT of will-power not to scream in agony at what I'm seeing.
    Let's just say that it's taking a LOT of will-power not to scream in agony at what I'm seeing.
    Hmmm, where do I go with the girl who speaks a lot of English? Certainly can't be the Western Clothing Store or anything. Whatever shall I do?
    Hmmm, where do I go with the girl who speaks a lot of English? Certainly can't be the Western Clothing Store or anything. Whatever shall I do?
    Oh, you just KNOW that this girl is related to demons. Hell, her leitmotif is already two notes away from Sorceress in the Dark, if that wasn't a big enough hint.
    Oh, you just KNOW that this girl is related to demons. Hell, her leitmotif is already two notes away from Sorceress in the Dark, if that wasn't a big enough hint.

Loading Video...

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right. This exists! And I want to see more of it!

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Part the 七番目
    Part the 七番目

I honestly have no clue how this sunk so low. Were you guys really that disappointed to see Shiori fall to the dark side?

(Today's Valentine's Day. You probably don't care, but I've already gotten quite a few gifts.) Way to miss half the point of Valentine's Day. How's this guy popular with the ladies, again?
    (Today's Valentine's Day. You probably don't care, but I've already gotten quite a few gifts.) Way to miss half the point of Valentine's Day. How's this guy popular with the ladies, again?
    Oh. I guess a truck full of yaoi will do the job.
    Oh. I guess a truck full of yaoi will do the job.
    I don't need to translate that laugh. Hatred knows no language.
    I don't need to translate that laugh. Hatred knows no language.
    (Just fucking die.) See? It knows no language.
    (Just fucking die.) See? It knows no language.
    .......I think she gave me a Chocobo?
    .......I think she gave me a Chocobo?
    GET THEE OUT OF THIS COUNTRY, DEMON SPAWN. OUR TIME TOGETHER IS NO MORE.
    GET THEE OUT OF THIS COUNTRY, DEMON SPAWN. OUR TIME TOGETHER IS NO MORE.
    YOU DAMN WELL BETTER MEAN IT. (Explanation here: http://japanese.about.com/library/bllesson5.htm )
    YOU DAMN WELL BETTER MEAN IT. (Explanation here: http://japanese.about.com/library/bllesson5.htm )
    (すまん, sorry. I got a little hung up on the way here.) If you're gonna apologize for anything, apologize for that fashion sense. *snap snap SNAP*
    (すまん, sorry. I got a little hung up on the way here.) If you're gonna apologize for anything, apologize for that fashion sense. *snap snap SNAP*
    (There sure are a lot of girls here.) Oh, they're probably just interested in cock. Because that's the only reason girls would ever play video games: they want to have sex. No other reasons ever.
    (There sure are a lot of girls here.) Oh, they're probably just interested in cock. Because that's the only reason girls would ever play video games: they want to have sex. No other reasons ever.
    It's White Day! Pronounced with an H, because I guess life in Japan is a lot like Family Guy.
    It's White Day! Pronounced with an H, because I guess life in Japan is a lot like Family Guy.
    It's hard not to look at the guy and feeling a boiling rage deep inside your gut.
    It's hard not to look at the guy and feeling a boiling rage deep inside your gut.
    You can even feel it two hours after he's gone.
    You can even feel it two hours after he's gone.
    Did I have any other choices? (Especially after finding out that I couldn't poison the chocolate?)
    Did I have any other choices? (Especially after finding out that I couldn't poison the chocolate?)
    (Hey! Yuuki-san!) The voices...they're coming for me. I can't escape them. They're going to find me, no matter where I go.
    (Hey! Yuuki-san!) The voices...they're coming for me. I can't escape them. They're going to find me, no matter where I go.
    (?? Uh, have we met before?)
    (?? Uh, have we met before?) "Oh, you know, that place. Remember? You were....and then we...." ".........*slowly backs away*"
    (Hey, big bro.) ................This game suddenly took a dark turn. And with demons still at large, that's saying something.
    (Hey, big bro.) ................This game suddenly took a dark turn. And with demons still at large, that's saying something.
    (That you, Getsuki? Were you two together?) Against my better wishes, yes. We both occupied space close to each other.
    (That you, Getsuki? Were you two together?) Against my better wishes, yes. We both occupied space close to each other.
    Oh, she was calling THIS guy her big bro. THAT'S CERTAINLY MORE COMFORTING.
    Oh, she was calling THIS guy her big bro. THAT'S CERTAINLY MORE COMFORTING.
    (Mm, understood. Well, じゃね, sempai!) (
    (Mm, understood. Well, じゃね, sempai!) ("The human female he was courting spoke in broken English. It's only a matter of time before I win him over. And then....the feeding will begin...")
    Did my character just call her a noisy bitch? Yeesh. No wonder the universe hates him.
    Did my character just call her a noisy bitch? Yeesh. No wonder the universe hates him.

Fun fact: if this update wasn't delayed, the thread would be done by now. Literally, by now; this would've been the last update.

And to @pyromagnestir, for bumping this thread:

Loading Video...

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dont stop. I really enjoying this and I can not wait for the end result until Tokimeki 2 XD

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

Dont stop. I really enjoying this and I can not wait for the end result until Tokimeki 2 XD

I didn't want to stop, but I couldn't post the next update. That's the catch with these threads: there's a double posting rule hard-coded into the site, so I can't post more than two updates in a row without locking myself out of a third. I need other people to come in and bump the thread so I can continue with the updates. Otherwise, I end up with Planet Laika.

And just like that, I've doomed myself to one update. Unless somebody bumps this, of course.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@video_game_king: Ah I see. Ok then I will post everytime you posted so you can update this thread :P

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Video_Game_King
    Part the 八番目
    Part the 八番目

Two new girls in today's update! And something about this game's koala fetish. I think.

(I liked seeing the koalas today. They were so cute.)
    (I liked seeing the koalas today. They were so cute.) "The way they just slept in the trees, not moving, even when the handlers tried to move them. It was just SO adorable."
    (But their eyes are scary.) You guys ever see a koala?
    (But their eyes are scary.) You guys ever see a koala?
    They will FUCK YOU UP.
    They will FUCK YOU UP.
    I've convinced women to yell
    I've convinced women to yell "BUTT LOVE!" at the top of their lungs. I'm a glorious monster.
    Oh, you thought I was dating Ayako, didn't you? Yet for some reason, Shiori refuses to leave my side. What do I do?
    Oh, you thought I was dating Ayako, didn't you? Yet for some reason, Shiori refuses to leave my side. What do I do?
    (Damn it. Next time, I'll have to try that much harder.)
    (Damn it. Next time, I'll have to try that much harder.) "Maybe I should've called her BEFORE I decided to get lit up."
    てる? As in fallING? Either Getsuki has been hiding a spider sense from us or time and gravity have grossly decayed.
    てる? As in fallING? Either Getsuki has been hiding a spider sense from us or time and gravity have grossly decayed.
    According to Jisho.Org, this name roughly translates to,
    According to Jisho.Org, this name roughly translates to, "The Ultimate Nature of All Things: Moon". If only I wasn't dating Ayako.
    .......She's still ultimate, guys.
    .......She's still ultimate, guys.
    Being a little forward with the girl you've just met, aren't you? (Explanation here: http://www.guidetojapanese.org/learn/grammar/desire )
    Being a little forward with the girl you've just met, aren't you? (Explanation here: http://www.guidetojapanese.org/learn/grammar/desire )
    I've only just now noticed how disorganized those shelves in the back really are.
    I've only just now noticed how disorganized those shelves in the back really are.
    (Golden Week starts today.) For some reason, starting IMMEDIATELY AFTER the day whose name translates to
    (Golden Week starts today.) For some reason, starting IMMEDIATELY AFTER the day whose name translates to "Gold Day of the Week". You done fucked up, Japan.
    (Alright....let's go home together.) You know what I like about all these other girls? They're far more willing to walk home with me than Shiori ever was. She didn't want to spread any damn rumors despite the fact that we were dating, but these girls are perfectly willing to stand next to me for extended periods of time. What did I ever see in that girl? Besides the smile?
    (Alright....let's go home together.) You know what I like about all these other girls? They're far more willing to walk home with me than Shiori ever was. She didn't want to spread any damn rumors despite the fact that we were dating, but these girls are perfectly willing to stand next to me for extended periods of time. What did I ever see in that girl? Besides the smile?
    (This question wasn't that hard.....I'm a genius.) I have to admit, that IS in character for me.
    (This question wasn't that hard.....I'm a genius.) I have to admit, that IS in character for me.
    (Somebody's coming up on me from behind....I'm starting to feel woozy.) At last, the Forg People reveal themselves.
    (Somebody's coming up on me from behind....I'm starting to feel woozy.) At last, the Forg People reveal themselves.
    Yea, that'd be my response, too.
    Yea, that'd be my response, too.
    Who is this lady? What's that square supposed to mean? Why's that person visibly restrained? Why is there a radiation symbol there? WHAT IS GOING ON AT THIS SCHOOL!?
    Who is this lady? What's that square supposed to mean? Why's that person visibly restrained? Why is there a radiation symbol there? WHAT IS GOING ON AT THIS SCHOOL!?
    (OK,OK. Don't scream so loud. Doesn't look like I have much of a choice.)
    (OK,OK. Don't scream so loud. Doesn't look like I have much of a choice.) "I knew I should've waited until after school, but NOOOOO. I wanted to set myself apart from all that other hentai. Shows what I get for trying to be myself." (Oh, and she does that weird reverse blink thing here, for some reason.)
    (If you ever get tired of your body, just come see Yuina Himoo. I'll be waiting.) I don't exactly like the use of 飽 in this screenshot. I'm pretty sure it means she's gonna remove my brain from my body.
    (If you ever get tired of your body, just come see Yuina Himoo. I'll be waiting.) I don't exactly like the use of 飽 in this screenshot. I'm pretty sure it means she's gonna remove my brain from my body.
    I think you mean 悪夢, not 夢. Unless....have the demons gotten to Getsuki?
    I think you mean 悪夢, not 夢. Unless....have the demons gotten to Getsuki?
    Hey, remember the 100 meter dash from LONG ago? Well, this year, I'm choosing a different event: the
    Hey, remember the 100 meter dash from LONG ago? Well, this year, I'm choosing a different event: the "press buttons to move a giant ball or something" game. (That's the literal translation.) Unfortunately, I completely spaced on getting a screenshot, so just imagine about a hundred people handling giant balls.

Loading Video...

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And so the nurse teacher appears. You really should go for her since she can "teach" you a lot of things XD

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Video_Game_King
    Part the 九番目
    Part the 九番目

And you guys thought Yuina as bad...

What do I make of this? Do I love her for her Pokemon hat choice? Or scold her for her Larry the Cable Guy
    What do I make of this? Do I love her for her Pokemon hat choice? Or scold her for her Larry the Cable Guy "I clearly ripped this two minutes ago" shirt? Relationships are confusing.
    (R-really? Because I think so, too.)
    (R-really? Because I think so, too.) "But all my other tops were just dirty with sweat and paint. It was either this or leave the house topless. You wouldn't want to see that, would you?" ".........No.........I wouldn't......."
    She says facing away from me.
    She says facing away from me.
    She says, me facing away from her.
    She says, me facing away from her.
    You guys are lucky that I was able to capture this screenshot. Few people see this and live to tell the tale.
    You guys are lucky that I was able to capture this screenshot. Few people see this and live to tell the tale.
    Interesting that she introduces herself far after we've actually met her. But not as interesting as what's to come.
    Interesting that she introduces herself far after we've actually met her. But not as interesting as what's to come.
    Oh, oh! This is a perfect chance to teach you guys about contextual learning. It's very common in the Japanese learning community. You use your previous knowledge and contextual clues to learn new information. Let's see....お前 is a rude way of saying
    Oh, oh! This is a perfect chance to teach you guys about contextual learning. It's very common in the Japanese learning community. You use your previous knowledge and contextual clues to learn new information. Let's see....お前 is a rude way of saying "you", and 当 sometimes means hit...And the....verb or....Moving right along...
    (No, it's alright. PLEASE, JUST TAKE ME SOMEWHERE.) THIS ONLY MAKES THINGS WORSE.
    (No, it's alright. PLEASE, JUST TAKE ME SOMEWHERE.) THIS ONLY MAKES THINGS WORSE.
    (Hey, keep it down! Everybody's watching!) Wouldn't want all two of those people to notice you talking. You'd never live it down.
    (Hey, keep it down! Everybody's watching!) Wouldn't want all two of those people to notice you talking. You'd never live it down.
    (If you don't promise me, I'm going to make such a racket.) Did she grow teeth just so she could grit them at me?
    (If you don't promise me, I'm going to make such a racket.) Did she grow teeth just so she could grit them at me?
    You know, for a girl so utterly desperate to go out with me, Yuko sure is indifferent toward me.
    You know, for a girl so utterly desperate to go out with me, Yuko sure is indifferent toward me.
    "Sensitive to fashion, loud. Likes action movies." All you need to know about a gal.
    At least my academics improved...somewhat.
    At least my academics improved...somewhat.
    (.....Lucky. I've got just enough free time on that day.)
    (.....Lucky. I've got just enough free time on that day.) "Wait, how am I lucky? YOU'RE the one blackmailing me into this damn date. I have to imagine you'd have picked out a free day ahead of time, instead of just hope that I guess the right date." "Oh, you're silly, Getsuki. Now remember: meet me there at 2 PM SHARP, or else I'm plastering these dick pics all over the campus."
    Oh, so the girl watching you DOES change. So why has Shiori been hanging out with me so damn much?
    Oh, so the girl watching you DOES change. So why has Shiori been hanging out with me so damn much?
    "This is such a horrible mistake."
    (Sorry. I slept in a little.) That explains a lot.
    (Sorry. I slept in a little.) That explains a lot.
    (Let's go inside.)
    (Let's go inside.) "So what do you want to play f...Why are you lying down on that bench?" "Let's go inside." "Wait, is this a sex thing? Are you asking me to have sex with you?"
    Oh, that explains it. She's the demon spawn of a succubus and a preta.
    Oh, that explains it. She's the demon spawn of a succubus and a preta.
    (What's a game?) That's right. Play dumb. Maybe she'll lose interest in you and move onto another target.
    (What's a game?) That's right. Play dumb. Maybe she'll lose interest in you and move onto another target.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man she looks really dangerous and will probably kill you in your sleep. Run as far away as you can^^

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

Man she looks really dangerous and will probably kill you in your sleep. Run as far away as you can^^

A quote that can be applied to pretty much any girl in this game.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

Nah most of them are pretty harmless for example glasses girl can not be dangerous in any form^^

asky314159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@darji said:

Or any character, period.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.