Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's The Division

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 08, 2016

An online-only open-world shooter-RPG from Ubisoft Massive set in a chaotic New York City that is wrought by disease.

Never Thought I'd Say This But...

NeoZeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I'm actually really upset I couldn't get the collector's edition of this game. I planned on getting the PS4 version, since that is where I usually get my multiplayer on, but it's sold out already for that system. For those who don't know what's in the CE, check this out:

No Caption Provided

I know, I know, that armband will break in a day and artbooks are PR speak for easy pack in, but I really like the design of the set for some reason. Also, though it's likely to be made of some of the cheapest material ever and not last a week because of it, the look of that watch is pretty cool to me. Does it make me crazy to want this thing?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I could use that watch as a cheap time tracking tool while running hmm.

You're not crazy. Sometimes I like the swag in CE's. The Batman figure from Arkham City CE is pretty awesome and I love art books.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Your interest in The Division is what makes you crazy.

Joking aside, I've never understood why some people are so against collectors editions. Like the response that the functional Pip-boy for Fallout 4 got from some was just odd. I actually saw that thing as a way to make navigating console UI not totally garbage (if it works as i'm imagining.) But it's also just a neat thing people want so why put them down for that? Same can be said for this.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That watch does look pretty slick.

I've never been against Collector's Editions, I mean hell, I got that Halo: Reach Limited Edition that came with Dr. Halsey's journal because that sounded awesome (and it was, because I am way into that universe).

And that Fallout 4 Pip-Boy looked super rad. I usually don't get those types of things simply because of their cost, though. But if you have the money and you really want a CE, go for it.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Dussck

Oh, I remember this game. After they showed it some years ago it was all I wanted to play.

Times have changed I guess

PlaywitJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PlaywitJay

I feel you bro, I was trying to decide which CE to get, this one or the Fallout PIPboy and got super lucky and was able to get the Division one preordered @GameStop.Com without having to pay in advance just held with a cc no where could I find Fallout and do that so by time I had the loot for it there was no chance of finding one, but I don't usually buy the CE versions cud I'd rather use the extra money on the season pass or another game. But I'm so excited for the Division, I think it'll be what Destiny could have been for an mmo shooter

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Is the watch just a watch, or ist is some sort of communicator smart-watch? Also what does the "arm band" do, is it ammo pouch thing or something? I've been looking around teh net for more info on these items and the information is slim.

NeoZeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By NeoZeon

@monkeyking1969: As I understand it, the watch is just a digital watch. The display is a little more "fancy" than most I guess, but, yeah, just a watch. The armband is probably the cheapest item in there and I doubt it is anything more than a hollow shell with a logo and a little compartment inside. Could, maybe, be sturdy enough for an MP3 player or something though? Not sure, just trying to justify the thing to myself over here.

@baronsamedi: I think people are against most CEs because they often do feel like needless cash grabs. Not that I'm going to mock anyone for how they spend their cash, but some of these sets are just art books and a poster or map for a significantly increased price. Companies do seem to put more effort into them these days though.

@playwitjay: Glad you were able to snag one of the CEs then! I missed my shot but I'm sure f I really want it bad enough, I can drop stupid money on EBay or something for one. I'm with you on the game though: I really do want those systems they have in place to work out. The only thing that's worrying me about the game is that recent talk of Team Killing during the extraction process. I know it fits into the world, but the anger at making it all the way through only to have someone turn on you and steal the loot will probably be the type of legendary that gets Youtube rage videos going.

@humanity: I can practically guarantee that the second sweat touches that watch, it stops working. That Batman CE you brought up made me think of the one for the Witcher 3.

No Caption Provided

@capum15: Reach, along with ODST, were actually my favorite games in the series. I was never a big fan of Master Chief, but the Spartans in Reach? Great design and characterization! Well, that and Reach's last level! Loved it. As for the collector's editions, I don't really get them anywhere near as much as I used to because they honestly take up too much space. That being said, I am all over the Just Cause 3 CE. It comes with a grappling hook man!

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

I ordered my first CE this year in MGS V; so I guess I can't be too judgmental. I actually think some of this stuff looks cool but I wouldn't pre-order an Ubisoft game just out of fear of the game being mediocre as shit.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got whatever special edition it was of Splinter Cell: Conviction to get that carabiner flashlight thing which was pretty badly made, and Dead Rising 2 i think it was with the Zombrex pen which is probably my favorite. Oh, and Tekken Tag 2 because the soundtrack is phenominal and the cd's look like vinyl discs.
    Other than that i tend to stay away from special editions.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.