Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's The Division

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 08, 2016

An online-only open-world shooter-RPG from Ubisoft Massive set in a chaotic New York City that is wrought by disease.

This Is Going to Get Delayed, Right?

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

So looking at this game, I can kind of get a good feel when a game is coming out based on its pre-release marketing, especially depending on the publisher. In this case, we have Ubisoft...and we know how they handle pre-release marketing for almost all of their commercially viable games. Right now, I expect this game to get pushed back to August/September from its current date of early March.

I am really looking forward to this game but I almost forgot about it until Deus Ex was pushed back.

bigdaddy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I still have no real idea what this game actually is. The best guess I have is that it's like a third-person, modern day-ish Destiny.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy shit, I forgot this game existed. So probably.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By monkeyking1969

@bigdaddy81 said:

I still have no real idea what this game actually is. The best guess I have is that it's like a third-person, modern day-ish Destiny.

Oh, god I hope not. At the very least it should arrive with a fucking damn story included, right? Or, is that be too much to ask?

This is all I hope. I hope the only area where other live enemy players exist is in the developers described middle "Dark Zone" area. Because that the place I just won't go to at all. Hopefully, the basic gameplay allows for a single player or coop group of friends to play teh game without the need to eneged with outside people. The #1 thing I hate in any sort of "mmo-ish" game is the other people. Sorry, folks most of you are really shitty to play with, you actually ruin other people's fun with your stupid shannaggas and glitching.

It is like Tinder: 80% of guys use tinder to say 'abominable mindless' things to women, and likewise 80% of guys use an MMOs to fuck with people and ruin a game.

She didn't swipe 'right' so you could act like an idiot...she just hoped you wouldn't be terrible. And, I entered this MMO because I just hoped you wouldn't be terrible and destroy my game. So, thanks for nearly always proving us wrong.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno I've played a build that had two different game modes, looked pretty polished, seemed well balance. If they have an entire games worth of that then it's done. I do think it will be modern day ish Destiny if I'm honest but I hope they handle story more effectively...

Willza92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkeyking1969: Hey man, bad day?

If it has as much content as people hope it has (ie. an entire abandoned New York City, and not just instanced maps set around the Big Apple), I think it'll get delayed as we haven't really seen any of that stuff and like @sammo21, they'll want to show that stuff off somewhere.

If it is more like Destiny, with interconnected instanced levels and some kind of hub zone, then I reckon it got a less than awesome buzz at the last few trade shows and Ubi are just looking to push it out as soon as and start working on post game updates and content (following in Destiny's footsteps, because that model has actually somehow worked really well for Activision).

Or I am completely wrong. Does anyone even really know what this game is besides a door closing simulator!?

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I definitely think the "modern day Destiny" thing is probably the closest descriptor for what this really will end up being. As long as there is actually content and the competitive stuff is actually anywhere near balanced that is fine.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll join the club of not remembering this game even existed. Now all that stupid fake team chat came flooding back to me and I wish I could forget about it again.

Seriously though, I could use a well-playing third-person shooter in an urban setting with a good story. It's been too long since Freedom Fighters!

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Whenever it does come out, it will be disappointing. The stuff the guys mentioned on the E3 Bombcasts seemed pretty underwhelming. Definitely going to try and holdout for general opinions when the game does come out.

andrew2696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

What I just remembered is that they had said there'd be a beta in December for Xbox. So we'll at least know about this game then.

The release date is probably going to get pushed. Though I felt like this situation happened when Far Cry 3 came out of nowhere and it could just be weird planning. Like "focus on Siege then Division later."

Blommer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Blommer4

I thought it looked so freaking awesome at announcement, but after the newest Destiny expansion I feel like the whole this game would fill, has already been filled. Modern Destiny sounds like a really good description of what it looks like at least, I still carry a little hope for this game, but not much...

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did they show off some second screen companion app support for this thing? I imagine it's largely co-op with certain areas where you can run into other groups.

But who knows.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It's a shame that they stopped using the Tom Clancy title for tactical first person shooters. :(

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Hasn't it already been delayed once. Wasn't this supposed to come out this year.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That game is never coming out. It's been like, what, 4 or 5 years now?

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sterling

@stonyman65: 2, 2.5. It was announced at the E3 the new consoles were.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.