Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Extraction

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Jan 20, 2022

A tactical co-op shooter set during an alien parasite outbreak, several years after the events of Rainbow Six Siege.

This is coming out in mere moments, thoughts?

altdimension

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

One of my friends asked me to preorder as he is keen to play but I last remember seeing this at E3 and thinking “meh”

Has anything changed?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

My thoughts were 'what is this?', 'is this the pandemic game?', 'wait it's coming out soon, like 'now' soon?', 'oh whatever.'

Enjoy that journey into my mind.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Meh. Kind of sucks that the series went from a fairly deep attempt at complex squad tactics to just another generic shoot all the terrorists and/or zombies and/or terrorist zombies 'cause 'Merica.

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I mean, it's pretty telling what this game is gonna be like when they immediately lowered the price drastically after that closed beta that happened a couple months ago.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I mean as someone who has several hundred hours in Siege, I am interested in seeing what exactly this is. I'm not opposed to co-op zombie/alien/whatever killing with some of my favorite Siege operators.

...but also, I think Ubisoft has done a pretty good job of patching the fun out of Siege as time goes on. You can't kill guys with Twitch's drone anymore. They made Jaeger a 2-speed. They took away IQ's grenades. OK, they probably need to keep grenades away from 3-speeds but my point is that they weren't so much concerned about the game being consistently fun as they were about making sure that pick rate chart was nice and even and perfect. I eventually just quit when they made the recoil on Zofia's rifle so absurd that using her previously meme-y LMG became the better option. Imagine spending tons of time getting that recoil control just right and then they change it because Zofia suddenly started getting picked more often than usual for some reason.

I don't really want to get into Extraction if Ubisoft is going to treat it the same way. I mean, sure, balance your game, but also, I can only see things I used to find fun get nerfed so many times before I just throw my hands up in the air and give up on the game altogether.

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Mere moments made me think it was about to drop. Google tells me Jan 20. That's still a little bit away. I'll probably watch someone on Twitch play to check it out.

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was really into Siege for a couple of years, but this doesn't look interesting to me. Admittedly, I am not really into the whole zombie/zombie adjacent thing.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

This game has been coming out in mere moments at least 5 times already. Sometime around this like 5th E3 it was at I decided to ignore it until I could actually purchase it, considering it had gone through a half dozen major iterations already. So assuming it comes out this month, which again I will believe when I see it on a shelf/digital strorefront, I guess I will finally look into what this game ended up actually becoming.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

Mere moments? I'll believe it when the game drops. Otherwise I expect all AAA release to keep getting delayed at the last minute.

Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Just saw today in my Game Pass app, this is coming to Game Pass Day 1.

DamFoxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even though it came to game pass day 1, good luck trying to find it on there. it's like Xbox didnt even want to promote it.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Is anyone actually playing this? I know Ubisoft is still pushing it on their socials but I've heard pretty much zero chatter since we did our stream on it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.