Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tomb Raider

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Mar 05, 2013

A young and inexperienced Lara Croft is shipwrecked on a mysterious island in this reboot of the beloved action adventure franchise, which departs from the mood of prior games in the series.

Job Listing Suggests Multiplayer Coming To Tomb Raider

• 67 results
    XynnDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By XynnDragon

Urgh, to say I'm worried about this would be an understatement.  I've been a huge fan of the Tomb Raider series since the first game, and I've played every single one of them.  I've noticed people call the recent ones weak, which I think is completely unfair.  Chronicles wasn't fantastic, and the weakest of the PS1 series. Angel of Darkness was awful. But after that the series has gotten increasingly better again. Maybe not to the quality of the first few, but still very enjoyable nonetheless.  Anyway, the thing that's always been great about the tomb raider series is the distinct yet very separate level design.  Take for example, Tomb Raider 1.  Every level is completely unique and completely memorable.  You could mention absolutely any level from the original game and I'd immediately be able to remember so much from the name alone.  It's the same with most of the sequels too.  Open world enironments can't do this. You can't have sudden changes.in level design that make the whole thing memorable.  It tends to become more about the size of your world then. And the larger the world the more spread out the interesting things become.  Anyway, in terms of Multiplayer? I really hope not.  I've never thought for even a split second in the 14 or so  years I've played the series, "Hey wait.  This needs Multiplayer!"  But then maybe I stand alone, in that I enjoy a good solid single player experience, far more than a Multiplayer one.

Multiplayer or not, however. I'm still extremely worried for the series given the turn of events.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By toowalrus

There comes a point where possible multiplayer in an upcoming game ceases to be exciting.

cgoodno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By cgoodno
    @JJWeatherman said:
    "  I'd bet this turns out to be true. Multiplayer is practically required these days.     "
    Which is a sad statement in of itself, IMHO.
    234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#54  Edited By 234r2we232

Heh. Why are people complaining? Anything new and possibly interesting introduced into something old and dated like the Tomb Raider franchise can only be a good thing.

And why do people still insist that muliplayer is still a bad thing that negatively affects the quality of the game? Have people not learned from games such as BioShock 2 and Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Call of Duty, that the muliplayer experiences can be just as engaging as the single player?

But hey, complaining is just as much fun! Yay complaining!

Morka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By Morka

Multiplayer would be really cool :)

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By RVonE

I love our spambots.
    ned_perfel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ned_perfel
    @cgoodno said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:
    "  I'd bet this turns out to be true. Multiplayer is practically required these days.     "
    Which is a sad statement in of itself, IMHO. "
    Very true.  At least we have Bioware showing that games can be great, mega sellers and single player only.
    ned_perfel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ned_perfel
    @sofacitysweetheart said:
    " Heh. Why are people complaining? Anything new and possibly interesting introduced into something old and dated like the Tomb Raider franchise can only be a good thing.  And why do people still insist that muliplayer is still a bad thing that negatively affects the quality of the game? Have people not learned from games such as BioShock 2 and Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Call of Duty, that the muliplayer experiences can be just as engaging as the single player?  But hey, complaining is just as much fun! Yay complaining! "
    Limited amount of resources in game development means multiplayer incursion negatively impacts the single player game typically.  But hey I'm just complaining.
    234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By 234r2we232
    @ned_perfel said:
    " @sofacitysweetheart said:
    " Heh. Why are people complaining? Anything new and possibly interesting introduced into something old and dated like the Tomb Raider franchise can only be a good thing.  And why do people still insist that muliplayer is still a bad thing that negatively affects the quality of the game? Have people not learned from games such as BioShock 2 and Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Call of Duty, that the muliplayer experiences can be just as engaging as the single player?  But hey, complaining is just as much fun! Yay complaining! "
    Limited amount of resources in game development means multiplayer incursion negatively impacts the single player game typically.  But hey I'm just complaining. "
    Yes, yes you are. It's standard practice at this point for a developer to create or find a "sister" studio with a whole separate team from their own to focus on the mp.
    ned_perfel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By ned_perfel
    @sofacitysweetheart said:
    " @ned_perfel said:
    " @sofacitysweetheart said:
    Limited amount of resources in game development means multiplayer incursion negatively impacts the single player game typically.  But hey I'm just complaining. "
    Yes, yes you are. It's standard practice at this point for a developer to create or find a "sister" studio with a whole separate team from their own to focus on the mp. "
    Awesome, I didn't know separate studios worked for free.  Are you kidding.
    Zlatko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By Zlatko

This could work really well if it's similar to Uncharted multiplayer if u ask me. 

Really though Tomb Raider is on a last breath if you ask me. If this reboot can't nail it, Lara will become the new Sonic.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By ravensword

I would find it funny if they totaly just ditched the accent. im very intrigued by this game. In the day of Uncharted I really think Tombraider needs to redo itself. either make it like uncharted or do something else.
    234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By 234r2we232
    @ned_perfel: Was that a question? You're pretending that these things aren't accounted for, and that there isn't a producer to supervise them every step of the way.
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @ned_perfel: uh..  They only just announced that Mass Effect 3 will have a multiplayer mode.
    KingVincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#65  Edited By KingVincent

yep

RustyBingstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#66  Edited By RustyBingstock

There's only one lara... i'm so confused... :( haha

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#67  Edited By Dany
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    " @ned_perfel: uh..  They only just announced that Mass Effect 3 will have a multiplayer mode. "
    They never announced that. It is a rumor that a Mass Effect game will feature multiplayer, whether its 3 or a seperate game is unknown for its still a rumor

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.