Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Torchlight II

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 20, 2012

The sequel to Runic Games' Torchlight, it features four new classes, a much bigger world, online co-op play, and a host of other new features.

Who else is PUMPED for this game?

• 132 results
    rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rb_man

After being completely underwhelmed by Diablo 3 and just loving the open beta week for Torchlight 2 who else is pumped for this game?

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By FateOfNever

Considering that Diablo 3 makes bigger strides forward in developing the genre, I can't possibly say that I'm "pumped." It seems better than I was expecting considering Torchlight 1 didn't do a whole lot, and I'll probably buy it when it comes out, but, not at all "pumped."

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By pweidman

I am still. I absolutely loved TL and can't wait to see how 2 turned out. Really hoping they get it on XBL at some point too.

But it'll be a while, waist deep in D3 and all.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bell_End

what is it that TL2 does that D3 does not. as someone that has not played the TL2 beta i would be interested to know

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JasonR86

I'm not pumped but mostly because I can't really afford any new games for a while. I want to play it though. I played the first game on XBLA and it was one of my favorite games last year.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Devil240Z

Is it weird that i have no interest in Diablo 3 but cant wait for Torchlight 2?

Illuminosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Illuminosopher

If it ever comes to consoles I will be pumped.

MrJorOwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MrJorOwe

@Devil240Z said:

Weirdness confirmed.

I stopped playing the first one a couple hours in, enjoyed it but it got a bit boring. Would certainly buy TL2

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Venatio

I am! Though I am also really enjoying Diablo 3...when it works

Torchlight was my first loot based dungeon crawler game and TL2 is looking good

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By Baal_Sagoth

Apparently there's a Steam deal that gives you TL1 if you preorder the second installment. I've been itching to pull the trigger on that opportunity since I noticed it. I'm not that keen on the whole preordering nonsense but that seems like a pretty good purchase all things considered. Then again, I'm deep into my third Skyrim character and really loving it again for some reason after thinking I 'd be done with it until more content arrives. The DLC for that is on the horizon and come next week I'll be checking out Alan Wake American Nightmare too. ALL those damn games. It's crazy.

That being said, I wouldn't say I'm pumped for it but I'm more likely to purchase TL2 than D3 at this time. Those ex-Blizzard North dudes definitely now what's up, that much I'm sure of.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By laserbolts

Currently busy with Diablo 3 but I will get TL2 when it comes out. I loved the first one so i'm sure the second one will be pretty good. I like the look of Diablo 3 more than Torchlight.

rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By rb_man

@MrJorOwe said:

@Devil240Z said:

Weirdness confirmed.

I stopped playing the first one a couple hours in, enjoyed it but it got a bit boring. Would certainly buy TL2

I am the exact same way

@Bell_End said:

what is it that TL2 does that D3 does not. as someone that has not played the TL2 beta i would be interested to know

Well all class have a Charge bar kind of like a combo meter. It is diffident for each class so I don't want to deep in to it dude to the fact I would explain it very poorly.

Also you get a ferret to go back to town to sell your shit. Also GUNS.

@FateOfNever said:

Considering that Diablo 3 makes bigger strides forward in developing the genre, I can't possibly say that I'm "pumped." It seems better than I was expecting considering Torchlight 1 didn't do a whole lot, and I'll probably buy it when it comes out, but, not at all "pumped."

Really I feel like Diablo 3 took like 2 steps back. Also Torchlight was never too much about pushing the genre forward it was about making the best the genre has to offer.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By spazmaster666

@Bell_End said:

6 player multi-player mode versus 4, single-player mode, LAN multiplayer, and $40 cheaper.

zaglis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By zaglis

Lack of ragdoll and object physics in TL2 is severely disappointing but other than that, I'm excited.

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FateOfNever

@Bell_End said:

Honestly, I have no idea. TL2 is a good game from what I can tell, but some of the things just seem like D3 beat them to it, and did it better. Like I was 'impressed' (not really, but, it's the best word I can use to describe it, I think) when I saw that potions and scrolls have their own tabs now separate of your main inventory. But then I remembered that D3 doesn't even bother with scrolls anymore and only has one kind of potion that stacks to 99 and then found myself considerably less impressed with the change.

I do enjoy that each class has their own sort of special system in place - like berserkers have their own fury bar that when you hit guys enough you enter a rage that causes you to crit more often and stuff. The problem I've seen with this so far (only two classes) is that they don't all seem to be created equal. Like the Engineer has something similar, a bar that fills up as you auto-hit guys, and after so much energy you hit a marker on the bar, having a marker filled will allow your next special to be enhanced. Except as far as I can tell, the entirety of the middle talent tree doesn't benefit from this at all because none of their abilities get enhanced by the bar, making it completely useless. It also depletes if you're out of combat/not hitting dudes, which can make filling the bar up rather tedious at times and makes you not want to ever stop after a fight to check gear/equip new stuff/level up because then by the time you're done, any progress you made on filling the bar is gone.

It's still a enjoyable game from what I've played, and I think the art style helps it stand out enough, but what it does better than what D3 does, I have absolutely no idea. Unless you're someone that still likes being locked into spending talent points that you can never undo. I guess if you like that, TL2 does that better.

Edit: Oh, and since someone pointed it out and I forgot about it - setting difference. If you're more into steampunk type stuff, I imagine Torchlight 2 has a lot more appeal than if you're more into a heaven vs hell vs humanity medieval type setting.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SomeJerk

I finished the weekend beta content and oh god I am so hard for this game. It's Diablo 2, Torchlight 1 was Diablo 1, I hope this doesn't mean TL3 ends up a cramped corridor on-rails pile of "fuckit let's just wrap this game trilogy up". I can tell, I can smell there's OG Blizz North blood behind this

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FateOfNever

@rb_man said:

@FateOfNever said:

Really I feel like Diablo 3 took like 2 steps back. Also Torchlight was never too much about pushing the genre forward it was about making the best the genre has to offer.

How did D3 move backwards? They got rid of scrolls, they got rid of mana/mana potions, they made each class feel distinctly different, they made a superior skill/ability system, and there's probably more that may or may not be more important depending on how deep you are into this genre. The Always Online thing is, perhaps, a bit of a problem, but I don't know if that's so much a step backwards as it is a step to the side, exchanging one problem (cheaters) for another one (being forced to always be online, which can mean being cut off from the game completely at times and other hosts of issues which mostly all suck)

Torchlight wasn't even the best the genre had to offer. It did some things right, like the pets being more involved than the mercenaries from D2, but took major steps back by making all three classes the exact same, not having multiplayer AT ALL, and having less story than even Borderlands. It was a good game, but it was far from the best that the genre had to offer.

rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By rb_man

@FateOfNever said:

@Bell_End said:

Honestly, I have no idea. TL2 is a good game from what I can tell, but some of the things just seem like D3 beat them to it, and did it better. Like I was 'impressed' (not really, but, it's the best word I can use to describe it, I think) when I saw that potions and scrolls have their own tabs now separate of your main inventory. But then I remembered that D3 doesn't even bother with scrolls anymore and only has one kind of potion that stacks to 99 and then found myself considerably less impressed with the change.

I do enjoy that each class has their own sort of special system in place - like berserkers have their own fury bar that when you hit guys enough you enter a rage that causes you to crit more often and stuff. The problem I've seen with this so far (only two classes) is that they don't all seem to be created equal. Like the Engineer has something similar, a bar that fills up as you auto-hit guys, and after so much energy you hit a marker on the bar, having a marker filled will allow your next special to be enhanced. Except as far as I can tell, the entirety of the middle talent tree doesn't benefit from this at all because none of their abilities get enhanced by the bar, making it completely useless. It also depletes if you're out of combat/not hitting dudes, which can make filling the bar up rather tedious at times and makes you not want to ever stop after a fight to check gear/equip new stuff/level up because then by the time you're done, any progress you made on filling the bar is gone.

It's still a enjoyable game from what I've played, and I think the art style helps it stand out enough, but what it does better than what D3 does, I have absolutely no idea. Unless you're someone that still likes being locked into spending talent points that you can never undo. I guess if you like that, TL2 does that better.

I will say the skill thing is fucked but if they don't change it I bet there will be a weekone mod for it. On the topic of the charge bar it builds really fast especially vs big mobs also every class has at least 2 skills that build charge pretty fast. Also the Engineer has a grande that you will throw 3 in stead of 1 in his middle tree along with the last passive. But there is a reason for that the middle one is like that it is the summon tree so more then likely you going to be building much charge with that.

FUCK I sound a hell of a lot like a fanboy now. In my book that's a real bad thing.

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By emergency

After playing Diablo, I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to really get in to Torchlight 2. I did try with the 1st one several times, but it just doesn't hold the same appeal. I'm really happy with the art direction in Diablo whereas torchlight doesn't appeal to me. Characters don't really look amazing, and the whole vanity affair is a large part of Diablo. I want to get awesome gear, look awesome and feel awesome. It does that very well, I'm not sure if Torchlight will ever hold the same spot in my heart. I'll probably give it a go especially if there is a steam sale at some point.

rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By rb_man

@FateOfNever said:

@rb_man said:

@FateOfNever said:

How did D3 move backwards? They got rid of scrolls, they got rid of mana/mana potions, they made each class feel distinctly different, they made a superior skill/ability system, and there's probably more that may or may not be more important depending on how deep you are into this genre. The Always Online thing is, perhaps, a bit of a problem, but I don't know if that's so much a step backwards as it is a step to the side, exchanging one problem (cheaters) for another one (being forced to always be online, which can mean being cut off from the game completely at times and other hosts of issues which mostly all suck)

Torchlight wasn't even the best the genre had to offer. It did some things right, like the pets being more involved than the mercenaries from D2, but took major steps back by making all three classes the exact same, not having multiplayer AT ALL, and having less story than even Borderlands. It was a good game, but it was far from the best that the genre had to offer.

First I mean Torchlight as a game franchise and what it is about not just Torchlight 1 that's my bad I will cop to that. Also for me Dlabio was a step back because it took all the player choice out of what your doing with auto-lvling and the skill system were you get everything so dude just don't feel different. The changing the mana for other stuff kind of brakes the flow for me I can't give you a reason for this that's just a feel and my own stuff. But the killer for me is the always online they did not do it to stop cheaters they did it to make money off there real money auction house so if one day my internet is out and I want to play D3 I am fucked. Also it is not the type of game you have to worry about cheaters unless you just join random games.

wh1terav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#22  Edited By wh1terav3n

Mods man, mods. Go look up some of the mods for Torchlight, there's UI improvements, entire texture pack updates, tens of classes, and tons of improvements to gameplay. From what I've played of T2, it's really improved over the original in every way as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
    deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Devil240Z said:

It's probably weird, but I feel the same way, so I guess we're both weird.

rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By rb_man

@Soapy86 said:

@Devil240Z said:

It's probably weird, but I feel the same way, so I guess we're both weird.

I am in there with you

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FateOfNever

@rb_man said:

@FateOfNever said:

@rb_man said:

@FateOfNever said:

First I mean Torchlight as a game franchise and what it is about not just Torchlight 1 that's my bad I will cop to that. Also for me Dlabio was a step back because it took all the player choice out of what your doing with auto-lvling and the skill system were you get everything so dude just don't feel different. The changing the mana for other stuff kind of brakes the flow for me I can't give you a reason for this that's just a feel and my own stuff. But the killer for me is the always online they did not do it to stop cheaters they did it to make money off there real money auction house so if one day my internet is out and I want to play D3 I am fucked. Also it is not the type of game you have to worry about cheaters unless you just join random games.

Always online was to stop cheaters. If ALL the wanted was the money from the AH and didn't care if people got screwed, they'd have allowed on/off because then cheaters would flood the market with incredibly good stuff for dirt cheap and make a lot of money. It was to stop cheaters (whether hackers, or pirates, or people wanting to abuse PvP, or if they ever put in a ladder system like from D2, or what, but cheaters are cheaters and that's what it's there to stop. also to stop people from going "why can't I take my offline character online? I dun get it. I should be ables to do whatevs I want."

Stat points were a joke in D2 anyway. "Hm, do I have enough strength or dex to equip my gear? Yes? Then everything into fucking vitality because everything else is a joke compared to it." That's not choice, it's the illusion of choice. You have one good choice or a handful of wrong choices. That's not awesome, it's not great, and it's outdated. "Oh yay! I have the choice to make the right choice or the wrong choice! This is awesome!" No, it's not, it's bad.

Skills are the same way. You either knew what you were doing, did research, looked it all up online and picked the very best skill to focus your character on, or you had no idea what you were doing and spent your points on stuff that sounded cool but then were useless because you spread your points too thin. Making a paladin and going "I HAVE to focus on Zeal or Righteous Hammer otherwise I made a real fuckin' useless paladin." is not good design o good choice. It's the illusion of choice where the game permanently punishes you for making the wrong choice. It was bad. What D3 does is a far superior system. You get all your skills, yes, but you only get so many to set to keys. It allows you to experiment freely instead of having to waste months figuring out that something is just plain bad. You're not like everyone else though because you still get to pick your skills, and then you get to pick your runes. In D2 everyone was either the same, or they were bad. There was no middle ground. You were either all the same because you did the research and found what was best, and went with it, or you didn't, didn't know what you were doing, and ended up with a character that can barely beat the game on Normal. If you want every one of your guys to feel different, then just tell yourself "I'm going to pick these skills. Once I get these skills, I will NEVER swap them out for another one." There, you just artificially put a limitation on yourself that acts like what you want out of the game and no one but you has to live with it. So the people that like the system aren't punished and you get to play the game the way you want to play it.

wadtomaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By wadtomaton

Only reason I'm playing D3 instead of just waiting for this is because my buddy had one of those starter edition passes that he gave me. Considering how crummy my D3 experience has been so far because of server issues, double can't wait for this.

Bankrotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bankrotas

As far as I read, pacing in D3 is getting worse after Skeleton king up to IVth act, but to me that pacing at all was slow as hell. D3 lacks a lot of feeling an ARPG should in my not humble opinion have, on other hand TL2 has it perfectly in all classes.

I really wanted to like D3, but to me it's crap. It removed most of RPG and totally goes to pure hack and slash like Devil May Cry, problem is DMC is better in all ways.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Deusx

Most people I´ve seen are more excited about TL2 than D3. I know I am. It´s just a better game. I say this having played D3 and the TL2 Beta.

NaDannMaGoGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By NaDannMaGoGo

I'm zero pumped.

After Torchlight 1 I actually wonder why people are still hyping Runic Games and Torchlight up this much. The first game was a step back compared to Diablo 2 and even with Torchlight 2 I don't see much of an improvement in game design. Being "much bigger" doesn't make me care shit if the content isn't any good.

I just can't see how people that played Diablo 3 for a longer time span will be able to enjoy TL2 much.

But oh boy, that game will sell big times. It's got (unjustified) hype and it has the usual indi-awesomeness appeal to people like TotalBiscuit who try to tell their 700000 subscriber that although they're not into the genre and know jack shit, Diablo 3 is dumped down and TL2 is awesome. It got that old school skill tree system, it must be great!

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#30  Edited By galiant

I feel that Diablo 3 makes Torchlight 2 obsolete. Torchlight was okay, but all it did was make me want to go play Diablo 2 at the time. Which I did.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31  Edited By Jeust

I loved the first one, and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Any news about the release dates?

rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By rb_man

@FateOfNever said:

@rb_man said:

@FateOfNever said:

@rb_man said:

@FateOfNever said:

Always online was to stop cheaters. If ALL the wanted was the money from the AH and didn't care if people got screwed, they'd have allowed on/off because then cheaters would flood the market with incredibly good stuff for dirt cheap and make a lot of money. It was to stop cheaters (whether hackers, or pirates, or people wanting to abuse PvP, or if they ever put in a ladder system like from D2, or what, but cheaters are cheaters and that's what it's there to stop. also to stop people from going "why can't I take my offline character online? I dun get it. I should be ables to do whatevs I want."

Stat points were a joke in D2 anyway. "Hm, do I have enough strength or dex to equip my gear? Yes? Then everything into fucking vitality because everything else is a joke compared to it." That's not choice, it's the illusion of choice. You have one good choice or a handful of wrong choices. That's not awesome, it's not great, and it's outdated. "Oh yay! I have the choice to make the right choice or the wrong choice! This is awesome!" No, it's not, it's bad.

Skills are the same way. You either knew what you were doing, did research, looked it all up online and picked the very best skill to focus your character on, or you had no idea what you were doing and spent your points on stuff that sounded cool but then were useless because you spread your points too thin. Making a paladin and going "I HAVE to focus on Zeal or Righteous Hammer otherwise I made a real fuckin' useless paladin." is not good design o good choice. It's the illusion of choice where the game permanently punishes you for making the wrong choice. It was bad. What D3 does is a far superior system. You get all your skills, yes, but you only get so many to set to keys. It allows you to experiment freely instead of having to waste months figuring out that something is just plain bad. You're not like everyone else though because you still get to pick your skills, and then you get to pick your runes. In D2 everyone was either the same, or they were bad. There was no middle ground. You were either all the same because you did the research and found what was best, and went with it, or you didn't, didn't know what you were doing, and ended up with a character that can barely beat the game on Normal. If you want every one of your guys to feel different, then just tell yourself "I'm going to pick these skills. Once I get these skills, I will NEVER swap them out for another one." There, you just artificially put a limitation on yourself that acts like what you want out of the game and no one but you has to live with it. So the people that like the system aren't punished and you get to play the game the way you want to play it.

Well you and I just have different Ideas of what we want from are games. Because I kind like not being able to use some loot because of you stats and finding the best build on my own or just end up a power house that can just end up having no difficultly. But the thing for me with the always on line DRM is screws over the paying non cheaters the most with sever lag and other problems on a mostly single player games.

Side note if they auction house is full of all the best loot for like 1 cent it would over saturated the market it and make the whole thing a joke and not get them any money or not nearly as much if the stuff on there has a real value.

Okay it seems like we are going to keep disagreeing on this so I am just going to stop now before this becomes a flame war or something I think we both gave good points but just have diffident ideas of what we like. So still friends :)?

rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By rb_man

@NaDannMaGoGo said:

I'm zero pumped.

After Torchlight 1 I actually wonder why people are still hyping Runic Games and Torchlight up this much. The first game was a step back compared to Diablo 2 and even with Torchlight 2 I don't see much of an improvement in game design. Being "much bigger" doesn't make me care shit if the content isn't any good.

I just can't see how people that played Diablo 3 for a longer time span will be able to enjoy TL2 much.

But oh boy, that game will sell big times. It's got (unjustified) hype and it has the usual indi-awesomeness appeal to people like TotalBiscuit who try to tell their 700000 subscriber that although they're not into the genre and know jack shit, Diablo 3 is dumped down and TL2 is awesome. It got that old school skill tree system, it must be great!

Hey I would try 2 it is way better then 1 but if you don't like that's if it is your option that's fine with me but why are you raging on what other dudes like?

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Grillbar

im not pumped at all but ill still play it. i just cant understand why some of the people who really hate D3 love TL2, why

rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By rb_man

@Grillbar said:

im not pumped at all but ill still play it. i just cant understand why some of the people who really hate D3 love TL2, why

I think it is people looking for a more old skool feel of that game and just like the art better who knows

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SlasherMan

@NaDannMaGoGo said:

I'm zero pumped.

I'm with you on TL. I liked it, but ultimately it didn't do much for me. It got boring too quickly.

TL2 on the other hand already feels much much better from the 5 hours or so I've played of the beta. So definitely anticipating this one.

Bankrotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Bankrotas

@Grillbar said:

I don't hate, but D3 felt "meh" in beta, TL2 beta feels fucktons more awesome.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By gamefreak9

Nope TL2 missed its chance

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By gamefreak9

@rb_man:

If you don't like D3 I take it you don't own it. Period. Its miles ahead of TL and your masquerading random hate in this thread. If you like the genre D3 is an innovator and does more for it than any other. I promise you that if you buy both games you will give up on TL2 but your obviously one of those haters.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SlasherMan

@Grillbar said:

A lot of people I suppose are not happy with the changes Blizzard has made to Diablo, whether the game itself, or the always on DRM, etc... It is to be expected that they'd root for the underdog.

I'm more puzzled as to why some people care so much that not everyone shares their opinion about a game, especially one that already has legions of devoted fans as it is.

rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By rb_man

@gamefreak9 said:

@rb_man:

If you don't like D3 I take it you don't own it. Period. Its miles ahead of TL and your masquerading random hate in this thread. If you like the genre D3 is an innovator and does more for it than any other. I promise you that if you buy both games you will give up on TL2 but your obviously one of those haters.

Dude why you starting shit for no good reason?

Also your right I don't own it because I did not like the beta and I did not like the friend/demo(I forgot what they called it) pass I played too.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By gamefreak9

@rb_man:

I'm not starting shit i'm just stating the obvious. Because if you owned it you would not have the opinion you do, its just close mindedness holding you back.

rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By rb_man

@gamefreak9 said:

@rb_man:

I'm not starting shit i'm just stating the obvious. Because if you owned it you would not have the opinion you do, its just close mindedness holding you back.

OH man your trolling soooooo hard. If you're not you need to just learn that people can feel diffidently about the same thing.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#44  Edited By geirr

Can't give a fuck about Diablo 3 mostly due to the whole premade character thing. I'm sure I'll get over it when I'm bored enough though.

Does Torchlight 2 give you the option to create your own character's looks this time around or is it still premade?

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By gamefreak9

@rb_man:

If we had the same experience i'd accept your different opinion, but as things stand, I have more information than you do since i've finished D3 in 2 difficulties and the TL2 beta.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
    RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm pumped for it. i enjoyed the first one and the whole slew of mods that were coming out daily. i'll probably dabble with diablo III after it's been out for some time and its price drops down a bit. i don't really care for the online multiplayer. if/when i do decide to go for some of that, it'll be with friends rather than random somebodies.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#47  Edited By Jeust

@gamefreak9 said:

@rb_man:

If we had the same experience i'd accept your different opinion, but as things stand, I have more information than you do since i've finished D3 in 2 difficulties and the TL2 beta.

And do you need that whole experience for not liking a game? Don't be a hater.

What about opinion and preference? Can you really be objective in an opinion or are they subjective and personal?

rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By rb_man

@pepsimaxofborg said:

Can't give a fuck about Diablo 3 mostly due to the whole premade character thing. I'm sure I'll get over it when I'm bored enough though.

Does Torchlight 2 give you the option to create your own character's looks this time around or is it still premade?

Ya there is not a whole lot but like 5-8 faces, with 3-5 different hair styles, with about 12 hair colors and I want to say 8 pets with different colors.

@gamefreak9 said:

@rb_man:

Okay you got me there but if I did not like to play 5-7 hours of that game that to means I will not like the rest of the game. So there is no point to me shelling out 60 bucks for a game I don't think I will like. Now keep in mind this is how I decide what games to buy because I would much rather have 60 buck then a game I might like for an hour at some point like 15 hours in.

Okay I am done I don't want to fight option VS option because it gets everyone no were real slow.

Edit: @Jeust: Is right why do I need to have played the same amount of some thing to find out I don't like it.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SlasherMan

@pepsimaxofborg said:

Yes, character customization is available.

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By sjupp

Eh, TL2 seemed like TL1 with 50% faster attack speed. Not interested.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.