Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Torchlight II

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 20, 2012

The sequel to Runic Games' Torchlight, it features four new classes, a much bigger world, online co-op play, and a host of other new features.

Who else is PUMPED for this game?

• 132 results
    rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By rb_man

@RubberBabyBuggyBumpers said:

i'm pumped for it. i enjoyed the first one and the whole slew of mods that were coming out daily. i'll probably dabble with diablo III after it's been out for some time and its price drops down a bit. i don't really care for the online multiplayer. if/when i do decide to go for some of that, it'll be with friends rather than random somebodies.

In truth A bunch of my bets friends have it and in like 15 years when Activision drops the price to like 15-20 and my friends still ant to play I might get it. But I be no one will be playing so most likely not

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By spiceninja

I'm very much pumped. I sunk 50 hours in Torchlight so I'm very excited to TL2 and I love what I've played of the beta.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By gamefreak9

@Jeust said:

@gamefreak9 said:

@rb_man:

If we had the same experience i'd accept your different opinion, but as things stand, I have more information than you do since i've finished D3 in 2 difficulties and the TL2 beta.

And do you need that whole experience for not liking it? Don't be a hater.

i'm confused... I didn't say I don't like TL2. I quite liked it, but to say that D3 is the better game is a gross understatement. I'm not hating at all, i'm merely saying that if you like the genre there is no reason you should not have bought D3 and plan on buying TL2. Those who love the genre will play both, since they would dedicate more time with it, but if you don't particularly like the genre then you should obviously just buy the better game. Is this not making sense?

Also I have serious doubts that you can't come up with 30 extra dollars, if that's the case then you should probably not be playing games at all so i don't count that as an excuse.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By Hector

Not me, I'm completely submerged into D3, can't stop playing.

rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By rb_man

@gamefreak9 said:

@Jeust said:

@gamefreak9 said:

@rb_man:

If we had the same experience i'd accept your different opinion, but as things stand, I have more information than you do since i've finished D3 in 2 difficulties and the TL2 beta.

i'm confused... I didn't say I don't like TL2. I quite liked it, but to say that D3 is the better game is a gross understatement. I'm not hating at all, i'm merely saying that if you like the genre there is no reason you should not have bought D3 and plan on buying TL2. Those who love the genre will play both, since they would dedicate more time with it, but if you don't particularly like the genre then you should obviously just buy the better game. Is this not making sense?

Also I have serious doubts that you can't come up with 30 extra dollars, if that's the case then you should probably not be playing games at all so i don't count that as an excuse.

You know that you thinking it is a better game is your option right not fact likes and dislike are all options right? That's the thing with humans we all think diffidently so we have diffident likes. Now you can say the general conciseness is that most people think it is a good game that means not everyone thinks that way right?

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By geirr

@rb_man said:

@pepsimaxofborg said:

Can't give a fuck about Diablo 3 mostly due to the whole premade character thing. I'm sure I'll get over it when I'm bored enough though.

Does Torchlight 2 give you the option to create your own character's looks this time around or is it still premade?

Ya there is not a whole lot but like 5-8 faces, with 3-5 different hair styles, with about 12 hair colors and I want to say 8 pets with different colors.

@gamefreak9 said:

@rb_man:

Okay you got me there but if I did not like to play 5-7 hours of that game that to means I will not like the rest of the game. So there is no point to me shelling out 60 bucks for a game I don't think I will like. Now keep in mind this is how I decide what games to buy because I would much rather have 60 buck then a game I might like for an hour at some point like 15 hours in.

Okay I am done I don't want to fight option VS option because it gets everyone no were real slow.

Edit: @Jeust: Is right why do I need to have played the same amount of some thing to find out I don't like it.

@SlasherMan said:

@pepsimaxofborg said:

Can't give a fuck about Diablo 3 mostly due to the whole premade character thing. I'm sure I'll get over it when I'm bored enough though.

Does Torchlight 2 give you the option to create your own character's looks this time around or is it still premade?

Yes, character customization is available.

Cool, thanks! I'll definitely give Torchlight 2 a try then when possible.

I already purchased Diablo 3 indirectly through the WoW subscription so I will eventually get into it. The first Diablo secured my first extra RAM purchase back in the days after all, at least with my own money.

rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By rb_man

@pepsimaxofborg: Well Torchlight 2 is having an open weekend beat I think it last till Tuesday I bet if you when over to there site and sign up I think you might still get one.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#58  Edited By Jeust

@gamefreak9 said:

@Jeust said:

@gamefreak9 said:

@rb_man:

The thing is D3 and TL2 are two different beasts. Diablo 3 sure is polished and streamlined, but if you search about the development team that made the prior games Diablo and Diablo 2, you will find that they aren't the ones that develop Diablo 3. Some of the figure heads of Runic games that made Torchlight 2 were part of Blizzard North, and responsible for the Diablo games.

Torchlight 2 has a lesser budget, and less polish, still personally the creative vision of the original creators of Diablo sounds better than of team assigned to recreate the diablo experience in Diablo 3, the lack of the obnoxious online DRM, the much cheaper price, the permission to develop and use mods, and fun factor outweight everything Diablo 3 throws at me.

And personally I think Blizzard appears to be creatively bankrupt and a shadow of its former self. You can see polish and refined mechanics, but I didn't see anyone praising the creativity of Diablo 3. Games are more than polish. And the best ones for me are labours of love.

rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By rb_man

@Jeust said:

@gamefreak9 said:

@Jeust said:

@gamefreak9 said:

@rb_man:

The thing is D3 and TL2 are two different beasts. Diablo 3 sure is polished and streamlined, but if you search about the development team that made the prior games Diablo and Diablo 2, you will find that they aren't the ones that develop Diablo 3. Some of the figure heads of Runic games that made Torchlight 2 were part of Blizzard North, and responsible for the Diablo games.

Torchlight 2 has a lesser budget, and less polish, still personally the creative vision of the original creators of Diablo sounds better than of team assigned to recreate the diablo experience in Diablo 3, the lack of the obnoxious online DRM, the much cheaper price, the permission to develop and use mods, and fun factor outweight everything Diablo 3 throws at me.

And personally I think Blizzard appears to be creatively bankrupt and a shadow of its former self. You can see polish and refined mechanics, but I didn't see anyone praising the creativity of Diablo 3. Games are more than polish. And the best ones for me are labours of love.

Damn you just chummed the waters.

But ya I have to go with Diablo is polished to a mirror finish but with high a polish you can see how streamlined it is to the point were you really feel like you are not doing that much. Sure Torchlight 2 has some problems but it feels like you have more input with what happen it feels more alive.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#60  Edited By spiceninja

@pepsimaxofborg: I honestly don't understand why people feel the need to customize their character. The different armor you get is customization enough for me. I mean, you're never looking directly at the character, it's always the armor. Who cares what my face looks like.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#61  Edited By Dagbiker

@MrJorOwe said:

@Devil240Z said:

Is it weird that i have no interest in Diablo 3 but cant wait for Torchlight 2?

Weirdness confirmed.

I stopped playing the first one a couple hours in, enjoyed it but it got a bit boring. Would certainly buy TL2

Same, I am more pumped for Torchlight 2 then D3, it just has more personalty.

rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By rb_man

@PlasmaBeam44: Looking at your dude when you start up the game and seeing how much of an ABSOLUTE BADASS you are and you will get more attached to some thing you make your self then some thing premade. In truth it is something the RPG nerdy like me did because you can pick the one with scar and give him a back story like how he ran with a pair of scissors when he was kid or some thing like that. It just adds more attachments to your dude.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By stryker1121

@rb_man: I'm excited for it, can't beat that price point as well as not having to deal w/ cranky servers. Will likely pick up first day it's available.

rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By rb_man

@stryker1121 said:

@rb_man: I'm excited for it, can't beat that price point as well as not having to deal w/ cranky servers. Will likely pick up first day it's available.

After loving the beta I just pre-ordered it.

Bankrotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Bankrotas
    @PlasmaBeam44: Show/hide helm
    CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By CheapPoison

Not sure if i am pumped but i am way more interested in this then diablo and I will go as far as to say that i think that one should not look at torchlight as the lowly second.

I feel is certainly is just as good.

Also i like the charge bar mechanics for every class.

Bankrotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Bankrotas
    @rb_man said:

@stryker1121 said:

Did that too. Just it gives you feeling, that it'll deserve every penny/cent put into it.
    TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By TentPole

@rb_man said:

Also for me Dlabio was a step back because it took all the player choice out of what your doing with auto-lvling and the skill system were you get everything so dude just don't feel different. The changing the mana for other stuff kind of brakes the flow for me I can't give you a reason for this that's just a feel and my own stuff.

I totally thought this until I actually played the game. It actually gives you far more choice and customization than DIablo 2, Torchlight 1, or what I have seen of Torchlight 2 from the beta.

That being said I cannot get enough dungeon crawlers and think that Torchlight 2 is huge step up from the first game so of course I am excited. It is just no Diablo 3.

Also you don't know shit about Diablo 3 if you only played the beta.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By stryker1121

@Bankrotas said:

@rb_man said:

@stryker1121 said:

Did that too. Just it gives you feeling, that it'll deserve every penny/cent put into it.

What'd you guys like about the beta?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I am, now more then ever. I look with a certain amount of Schadenfreude at my fellow Europeans who had a lovely Sunday afternoon not playing a game they paid 60 bucks for.

Bankrotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Bankrotas
    @stryker1121: Pacing of the game. Berserker. Died because was too lazy to drink a potion (cause on veteran you need to be a bit careful), being oneshot by beta endboss, pets, skill system I like more.
    DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#72  Edited By DeF

@spazmaster666 said:

@Bell_End said:

what is it that TL2 does that D3 does not. as someone that has not played the TL2 beta i would be interested to know

6 player multi-player mode versus 4, single-player mode, LAN multiplayer, and $40 cheaper.

+ a pet right from the start that sells your craploot AND can buy supplies (potions, etc) automatically while you keep CLICKIN' ON SHIT!

love it!

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

#73  Edited By Danteveli

pump it up !

RedRavN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By RedRavN

@emergency said:

After playing Diablo, I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to really get in to Torchlight 2. I did try with the 1st one several times, but it just doesn't hold the same appeal. I'm really happy with the art direction in Diablo whereas torchlight doesn't appeal to me. Characters don't really look amazing, and the whole vanity affair is a large part of Diablo. I want to get awesome gear, look awesome and feel awesome. It does that very well, I'm not sure if Torchlight will ever hold the same spot in my heart. I'll probably give it a go especially if there is a steam sale at some point.

Torchlight 2 probably has more unique pieces of gear and certainly more build characterization than diablo 3. Just saying. I would recommend at least trying the game and seeing if you still feel the same.

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By emergency

@RedRavN said:

@emergency said:

After playing Diablo, I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to really get in to Torchlight 2. I did try with the 1st one several times, but it just doesn't hold the same appeal. I'm really happy with the art direction in Diablo whereas torchlight doesn't appeal to me. Characters don't really look amazing, and the whole vanity affair is a large part of Diablo. I want to get awesome gear, look awesome and feel awesome. It does that very well, I'm not sure if Torchlight will ever hold the same spot in my heart. I'll probably give it a go especially if there is a steam sale at some point.

Torchlight 2 probably has more unique pieces of gear and certainly more build characterization than diablo 3. Just saying. I would recommend at least trying the game and seeing if you still feel the same.

I'll definitely give it a go, but it just seems like a less visceral game visually such as Dungeon Defenders which isn't a terrible thing but I certainly prefer Diablo's looks.

rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By rb_man

@TentPole said:

@rb_man said:

Also for me Dlabio was a step back because it took all the player choice out of what your doing with auto-lvling and the skill system were you get everything so dude just don't feel different. The changing the mana for other stuff kind of brakes the flow for me I can't give you a reason for this that's just a feel and my own stuff.

I totally thought this until I actually played the game. It actually gives you far more choice and customization than DIablo 2, Torchlight 1, or what I have seen of Torchlight 2 from the beta.

That being said I cannot get enough dungeon crawlers and think that Torchlight 2 is huge step up from the first game so of course I am excited. It is just no Diablo 3.

Also you don't know shit about Diablo 3 if you only played the beta.

Dude like I was saying it is feel for me I can not like the feel of a game or like the feel of a diffident game more. Also I really don't care that I don't know shit about D3 because playing the beta and the guest pass for about 7 hours I was just not having fun and if I don't like some thing for 7 hours I just don't like it. I am going to say one thing about the skill system of D3 sure I bet it gives you more customization at the end. But I want to desire what I want and when I want it now this is just a hypothetical but lets say I want to be a tank I would rather play the game that lets me pick tank skills from the start then giving them to me a what ever lvl they feel I should have it.

TheBostonPops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By TheBostonPops

I'm not a big fan of Torchlight's aesthetics, although I enjoyed the gameplay of the first one a bit. I only really have room for one of these types of games in my life, and Diablo 3 already took that space. I'll pick up Torchlight 2 in the future probably, but it isn't a must buy for me.

murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By murisan

@Bell_End said:

what is it that TL2 does that D3 does not. as someone that has not played the TL2 beta i would be interested to know

Nothing. In fact, it does less.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
    deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll take as much action-RPG goodness as I can get; so fuck yeah, bring on Torchlight II.

rb_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By rb_man

@murisan said:

@Bell_End said:

But It is better then Diablo 3 which took stuff out.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#81  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Not sure PUMPED is the right word exactly...but my God, Wasteland 2...that, for me, is like the equivalent of what Justin Bieber is to 12-14 year old chicks.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By WinterSnowblind

The fact I'm currently playing through Diablo 3, which is an extremely polished and fun game, has definitely lessened my excitement for Torchlight. I still enjoyed the beta, and there are things it does a lot better than D3 (and things it's no where near as good at too) but I would have been much more hyped for it, if it had released earlier in the year. I probably won't get it at release any more, but I definitely will by Christmas.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cdb69f34ac28
    deactivated-5cdb69f34ac28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@Devil240Z said:

Is it weird that i have no interest in Diablo 3 but cant wait for Torchlight 2?

I'm right there with you.

For some reason, Diablo 3 hasn't sparked my interest. I'm sure it's a great game, and I know I will play it eventually, but I guess it's because I played Diablo 2 when I was about 12 years old that I'm not really that excited about it. It feels like getting excited about Power Rangers again - sure, they were cool when I was a kid, but Tommy just ain't doing it for me anymore. I guess it's because he cut his hair.

Man, after Kimberly left the show, I was real bummed out...

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#84  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Considering I will have had my fill of multicolored loot clicking simulators when I get around to finishing Diablo III, my answer is very much "ehhhh, not really". Nothing about the first Torchlight endeared me in any way, being not much more than a competently done version of a game that the guys who made it did better 9 years earlier when it was called Diablo II. I would imagine that Torchlight II will actually solve a lot of the problems I had with the first one, but I'm not a big enough fan of this genre to take them more than one at a time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
    deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After spending a day with the beta, I can confidently say I'm pumped for the full game. Clickin' monster piñatas never bores me--bring on more!

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Subjugation

I don't have room for multiple dungeon diving, loot accumulating games and right now Diablo III is filling the position quite nicely. Plus, I never really enjoyed Torchlight.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Canteu

Torchlight 1 was awful. This is the follow up to that game. No thanks.

Bankrotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Bankrotas
    @Canteu said:

Torchlight 1 was awful. This is the follow up to that game. No thanks.

Why was it awful?
    Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Canteu

@Bankrotas: Because it's my opinion?

The loot was awful.

The skills were awful.

Playing as a minion class was awful due to the strangely staggered cooldowns and buff timers. Cast this after 37 seconds, then cast this after 42 seconds, then remember to cast this every 11 seconds.

The classes were awful.

The dungeons were awful.

It was incredibly easy.

Bankrotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Bankrotas
    @Canteu said:

@Bankrotas: Because it's my opinion?

The loot was awful.

The skills were awful.

Playing as a minion class was awful due to the strangely staggered cooldowns and buff timers. Cast this after 37 seconds, then cast this after 42 seconds, then remember to cast this every 11 seconds.

The classes were awful.

The dungeons were awful.

It was incredibly easy.

Opinion without argument is bullshit. Awful is not an argument. Can't remember such cooldowns, nor I see that as a problem, being awful. And why the fuck are you in this forum, if you didn't like Torchlight and bitch about it without normal arguments?  
    I'll say Loot was great, Skills are great, etc.  Would it nullify our both opinions?  
    What if said also that Loot was great because it never gave you too much or too little, you had stuff to sell and stuff to keep, especially for other characters. What if I said Skills were great and cause they really felt like part of the game, Titan strike on destroyer felt meaty as hell, ember lance (laser thingy) was most fun spell to have in action rpg caster class for me since Meteor or Fireball? And so on with other parts. What if I said mods even made it way better?  
    Would my opinion be more important than yours? No, but it would be more respectable, than saying "that was awful because that's my opinion" bullshit. 
    If you want to diss on a game, go ahead, but be sure bring good arguments, or you'll look like an idiot.
    Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Ravenlight

@Bankrotas said:

If you want to diss on a game, go ahead, but be sure bring good arguments, or you'll look like an idiot.

Says the person who's raging on the internet about someone elses' BS opinion. Chillax, bro. Just because the duder wasn't into TL doesn't mean he personally attacked you.

Bankrotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Bankrotas
    @Ravenlight said:

@Bankrotas said:

Says the person who's raging on the internet about someone elses' BS opinion. Chillax, bro. Just because the duder wasn't into TL doesn't mean he personally attacked you.

Is this what you call raging?  Why do you think I seemed to be raging about his opinion on the game rather than behaviour in general?
    djaoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By djaoni

@murisan said:

@Bell_End said:

Single-player and LAN. Selling of crap loot without going back to town(and buying scrolls/potions). Quest rewards it does better(Even if the quests are less interesting). Skill trees are better than linear skill progression(Runes are better than no runes though. Best system would be an improved combination of both).

No need to fanboy too much.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#94  Edited By JasonR86

God, I hope above everything else that this game is online-only and has a shit-ton of DRM. That would be great.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Canteu

@Bankrotas: Well, I think you'll find neither of our opinions invalidate the other, it is simply...our opinion.

I think it's great that you like torchlight. You don't need to argue reasons why you like it, you can just say you like it and I'll say "hey that's cool, i didn't but I'm glad you did".

Also, I played it again, heavily modified, and I still did not have a good time with it.

So, just calm down OK guy? You asked me what I thought, so I told you. I'm pretty sure I couldn't have said anything and not recieved a rant.

@Ravenlight: Also, BS opinion? Come on duder, you know for a fact no opinion is BS. I just did not like a game. It's as simple as that.

KillyDarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 43

#96  Edited By KillyDarko

I am! I'm still playing the beta and absolutely loving it :)

Bankrotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Bankrotas
    @Canteu: You got a rant about your poor capabilities to discuss, not about you liking or disliking the game. 
    Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Canteu

@Bankrotas: Ok, hold on a second there buddy.

Why does me liking a game mean I need to explain to you why I dislike said game?

You need a lesson in debate, as this is not how it works. It's point and counter point, not "I disagree therefore i am correct and you are a fucknut"

I don't like the game. I do not need to tell you why, as it makes no difference to my opinion one way or the other.

I appreciate you enjoy confirmation bias, as that is probably the reason you're here, but when somebody say's they have a differing opinion on something, and then you ask for them to extrapolate further simply so you can harrass them and argue (not debate) it really makes you look like you know a thing or two about a thing or two.

Troll harder.

Chill the fuck out.

Tackchevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#99  Edited By Tackchevy

Nah. Probably will be Diablo 4 soon or whatever, what's the point.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Jrinswand

I'll probably play it eventually, but I am by no means "PUMPED" for it. Diablo 3 is scratching the aRPG itch very well right now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.