Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tron: Evolution

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Dec 07, 2010

Disney released a new game to go along with the 2010 film release, Tron Legacy. This game is a prequel to the movie forming a bridge (but not a Jeff bridge) between the original and the 2010 film.

Tron: Evolution: The Video Game Will Launch With DLC

BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BradNicholson
    EA isn't the only publisher offering launch day DLC this season. Disney Interactive Studios has announced new plans to offer special day-one DLC vouchers for Tron: Evolution: The Video Game in a move that might help curb used sales or piracy, provided the content is sweet enough.

That, however, is something we can't gauge at the moment. What we do know is that it will be composed of two multiplayer maps ("Codestream Nexus" and "User's Plaza," according to Big Download) and will contain a skin of protagonist Sam Flynn for use in multiplayer games.

No Caption Provided
    In other Tron: Evolutio news, it appears as if a bunch of Tron avatar gear will be hitting Xbox Live Marketplace in the very near future. Joystiq reports that both clothing and props will be offered alongside a flashy new premium theme on Thanksgiving day, November 25. Above is just a taste of what you can give to your little guy, if you so choose.
    BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BradNicholson
    EA isn't the only publisher offering launch day DLC this season. Disney Interactive Studios has announced new plans to offer special day-one DLC vouchers for Tron: Evolution: The Video Game in a move that might help curb used sales or piracy, provided the content is sweet enough.

That, however, is something we can't gauge at the moment. What we do know is that it will be composed of two multiplayer maps ("Codestream Nexus" and "User's Plaza," according to Big Download) and will contain a skin of protagonist Sam Flynn for use in multiplayer games.

No Caption Provided
    In other Tron: Evolutio news, it appears as if a bunch of Tron avatar gear will be hitting Xbox Live Marketplace in the very near future. Joystiq reports that both clothing and props will be offered alongside a flashy new premium theme on Thanksgiving day, November 25. Above is just a taste of what you can give to your little guy, if you so choose.
    vasta_narada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By vasta_narada

QUEST?!

Edit: Yes! I was completely indifferent to if I never got the chance to do it, but hey--if the opportunity arises!

As for the story, launching with DLC sucks, whether it's to negate used game sales or not. I don't expect this game to be all that amazing, but this is a gateway into every game being like this. Argh!

PooffBallzZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By PooffBallzZzZ

Hmmm Tricky
    chikin_n_rofls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By chikin_n_rofls

so close, yet so far away...

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Hector

Buying both the theme and the probably ANON's clothing tommorow.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By endaround

Wouldn't that be Tron: Evolution: The Video Game:Pre-Owned Edition?

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By Claude
    @endaround said:
    " Wouldn't that be Tron: Evolution: The Video Game:Pre-Owned Edition? "
    That was a good one. Made me laugh.
    Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Cybexx

Still going to rent this.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9  Edited By buft

Tron looks kinda boring, but im definetly willing to give it the benefit of the doubt until i get my hands on it. Ive been surprised by disney before.

SigmaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SigmaCloud

Still really on the fence about this game, but still looks good from what I've seen.

JustinSane311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By JustinSane311

I want to know more about zzhe multiplayer

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By tourgen

you know what, going to rent this game now instead of buy.

Avatar image for lordcmdrstryker
    LordCmdrStryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By LordCmdrStryker

I'd rather they do this or the Mass Effect 2 thing rather than the EA Online Pass thing.  That thing is bullshit.

Arkanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Arkanti

Eh I thought that avatar was a Quarian from Mass Effect.

paulunga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By paulunga
    @Arkanti said:
    " Eh I thought that avatar was a Quarian from Mass Effect. "
    You say that as if that's a bad thing.
    Arkanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Arkanti
    @paulunga: 
    It is if it's meant to be an original design for the Tron game.
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By ProfessorEss

Hmmm, guess I'll have to... oh no wait, still passing on this one.

The quicklook pretty much solidified what I already thought of this game. I'll have to hear A LOT of good things about it to put it back into consideration.

umdesch4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By umdesch4

Only way I'd be likely to buy this game is if there was any chance of winning a contest that resulted in Daft Punk...playing in my house.

newjackcity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By newjackcity

Olive Wilde better be worth it

sizu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By sizu
    @umdesch4 said:
    " Only way I'd be likely to buy this game is if there was any chance of winning a contest that resulted in Daft Punk...playing in my house. "
    I see what you did there.  LCD Soundsystem...damn fine.
    MrMyxo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MrMyxo

i can tell day one dlc don't stop piracy. some of it is possible to buy and  if it is multiplay i don't play it so mach any way. 

can be a good game but dlc for me.... no nott buy anything for it, disk is good for me

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jeffsekai

This game is going to suck.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Drat! My plans to purchase this game the week after launch used for $55 from Gamestop has been foiled!

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By emem
    @ProfessorEss said:
    " Hmmm, guess I'll have to... oh no wait, still passing on this one.  The quicklook pretty much solidified what I already thought of this game. I'll have to hear A LOT of good things about it to put it back into consideration. "
    I wouldn't expect to hear any good things about this game at all, to be honest. Oh my, I always feel kinda sorry for the producers of games like this one.. 
    Avatar image for dragonbloodthirsty
    DragonBloodthirsty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

Don't they get that, when we buy a game used, the cost is effectively split across two people?  There's some value for the first user, and then some for the second?  That gaming is good because it's a relatively efficient form of entertainment?

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By Jayzilla

that game will be borderline at best and will still sell 3 million copies. the MP will be dead in two months and the game will still spawn 2 sequels based on the sales of the first game. this happens with EVERY game that is a movie tie-in of a franchise that is popular. 

BitterAlmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BitterAlmond

How would launch-day DLC hamper piracy? The DLC will just be packaged along with the pirated copy of the game. 

More likely, it's a push to maximize launch-day sales -- offer the launch-day people a voucher for DLC to get the procrastinators and people who don't care enough to normally buy specifically on launch day off their asses and in the store right away to save a few bucks on DLC they'd otherwise have to pay for. 

By the way, launching a game with extra content available for extra money already available on day 1 is unforgivable. Companies squeezing money out of their customers like this only fuels piracy.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#29  Edited By Brackynews
    @BitterAlmond said:

By the way, launching a game with extra content available for extra money already available on day 1 is unforgivable. Companies squeezing money out of their customers like this only fuels piracy. 

It's not unforgivable, because it continues to work, and there is no requirement for anyone to spend the extra money.  The game should feel complete without extra content; if it doesn't that's a design fault.  Spite-Piracy as you are describing is what I call unforgivable, because of how childish it is.  If someone is upset enough to not give their money, all of that holier-than-thou attitude goes down the toilet once they decide to touch the game at all.  I can get behind a boycott, like people who decide they won't play an Activision game as objection to business practices, but "sticking it to the man" by playing a VIDEO GAME for free is fucking moronic. Kids these days don't even know how to fight the power.
    CouncilSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30  Edited By CouncilSpectre

Finished it on hard.  It was ok.  Sort of a poorman's cross between spider-man and and assassins creed.

MadExponent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MadExponent
    @umdesch4 said:
    "Only way I'd be likely to buy this game is if there was any chance of winning a contest that resulted in Daft Punk...playing in my house. "

Yes sir.
    ToxicAntidote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By ToxicAntidote
    @BitterAlmond said:

" How would launch-day DLC hamper piracy? The DLC will just be packaged along with the pirated copy of the game.  More likely, it's a push to maximize launch-day sales -- offer the launch-day people a voucher for DLC to get the procrastinators and people who don't care enough to normally buy specifically on launch day off their asses and in the store right away to save a few bucks on DLC they'd otherwise have to pay for.  By the way, launching a game with extra content available for extra money already available on day 1 is unforgivable. Companies squeezing money out of their customers like this only fuels piracy. "

As a matter of fact, most DLC do have XBL restricted DRM which means it can't be accessed without the rights to do so. Sure, there's something called a J-tag-xbox which can nullify the DRM, but they are far from common to get your hands on. So day one DLC is a way to prevent people from only downloading the game. Though you could also just download the core game, and then only buy the DLC and transfer it to a non-j-tag-modified console. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.