Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Twisted Metal

Franchise »

Twisted Metal is a series of car-combat games that lets you destroy vehicles with rockets, flame-throwers, machine guns and dozens of other means. You also got some special moves that are performed like in fighting games, and (like most fighting games) these moves aren't listed anywhere in-game, nor in the manual.

Sweet Tooth just paid me a visit.

FuzzYLemoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By FuzzYLemoN

I'm not usually one to keep blogs, but I just had an experience so surreal, so unbelievable that I just had to share it with as many people as possible.

This guy just paid me a visit.

Okay, let me back up. My first PSP game was Twisted Metal: Head On. This was also my first Twisted Metal game. Great fun. June 15, 2010: Twisted Metal is announced for the PS3, and my interest in the series is reignited. As such, I decided to pick up Twisted Metal Black at my local EB. So I've been playing it for the past few days, and loving every last ounce of it. Certainly one of the finest PS2 games I've played in a while.

Today, I played through Sweet Tooth's story. The credits rolled, and I turned off my PS2 & TV. I decided to listen to some of the soundtrack on YouTube while browsing the forums, as I found myself liking what I heard in the game. About 2/3 through the main theme, I began to hear a familiar jingle... the ice cream truck jingle. As Twisted Metal fans know, Sweet Tooth's ice cream truck plays this iconic tune. The jingle I was hearing was exactly the same as Sweet Tooth's. Since I knew the particular song and had heard it several times already, I knew that it didn't contain any kind of jingle. My heart skipped a beat. This wasn't normal. I paused the video.

The jingle didn't stop.

I perplexedly glanced at all the possible sources in my room. My TV was off. My PS2 was off. The soundtrack I was listening to was paused. My speakers were off. I began to breathe more heavily. "Am I going insane? Have I just been playing too much?" I began to follow the sound around my room, trying to find the source. I was lead to my slightly open window, and then I froze. It was coming from outside. I tore the curtains open...

THERE WAS A FUCKING ICE CREAM TRUCK RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE. And it was playing the iconic ice cream truck jingle that Sweet Tooth's truck shares.

I flipped the fuck out. I haven't seen a real life ice cream truck since I was a kid, and of all the times to make a reappearance, it happens right after playing Sweet Tooth's story in Twisted Metal?! This was one of the most absurd coincidences I've ever experienced. I ran down the hall and burst into my brother's room and barked "Come here right now!" He came into my room and after pointing out the window, he had a similarly flabbergasted reaction. He said "I thought you just had the volume up really loud."

So there you have it. I still can't believe this ridiculous coincidence, and I just wanted to share my tale with anyone willing to listen.
    Now if you'll excuse me, I have to check into rehab. o_o
    FuzzYLemoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By FuzzYLemoN

I'm not usually one to keep blogs, but I just had an experience so surreal, so unbelievable that I just had to share it with as many people as possible.

Okay, let me back up. My first PSP game was Twisted Metal: Head On. This was also my first Twisted Metal game. Great fun. June 15, 2010: Twisted Metal is announced for the PS3, and my interest in the series is reignited. As such, I decided to pick up Twisted Metal Black at my local EB. So I've been playing it for the past few days, and loving every last ounce of it. Certainly one of the finest PS2 games I've played in a while.

Today, I played through Sweet Tooth's story. The credits rolled, and I turned off my PS2 & TV. I decided to listen to some of the soundtrack on YouTube while browsing the forums, as I found myself liking what I heard in the game. About 2/3 through the main theme, I began to hear a familiar jingle... the ice cream truck jingle. As Twisted Metal fans know, Sweet Tooth's ice cream truck plays this iconic tune. The jingle I was hearing was exactly the same as Sweet Tooth's. Since I knew the particular song and had heard it several times already, I knew that it didn't contain any kind of jingle. My heart skipped a beat. This wasn't normal. I paused the video.

The jingle didn't stop.

I perplexedly glanced at all the possible sources in my room. My TV was off. My PS2 was off. The soundtrack I was listening to was paused. My speakers were off. I began to breathe more heavily. "Am I going insane? Have I just been playing too much?" I began to follow the sound around my room, trying to find the source. I was lead to my slightly open window, and then I froze. It was coming from outside. I tore the curtains open...

THERE WAS A FUCKING ICE CREAM TRUCK RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE. And it was playing the iconic ice cream truck jingle that Sweet Tooth's truck shares.

I flipped the fuck out. I haven't seen a real life ice cream truck since I was a kid, and of all the times to make a reappearance, it happens right after playing Sweet Tooth's story in Twisted Metal?! This was one of the most absurd coincidences I've ever experienced. I ran down the hall and burst into my brother's room and barked "Come here right now!" He came into my room and after pointing out the window, he had a similarly flabbergasted reaction. He said "I thought you just had the volume up really loud."

So there you have it. I still can't believe this ridiculous coincidence, and I just wanted to share my tale with anyone willing to listen.
    Now if you'll excuse me, I have to check into rehab. o_o
    JustinSane311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By JustinSane311

Freaky story...but I doubt it was sweet tooth.  If it was him you would probably be dead by now!

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Emilio

Its a sign of the coming age of darkness.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By Death_Unicorn

Knowing nothing about Twisted Metal, I entered this topic thinking it was about candy...

Is that okay?

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By luce
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

All I get from this is that you local Ice Cream man is awesome.  Or psychotic.

defaulttag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By defaulttag

this is where 'cool story bro' actually does mean 'cool story bro.' personally, i've never had an experience where the video game world somewhat entered my real world, but what happened there is pretty creepy.

blair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By blair
    @Death_Unicorn said:
    " Knowing nothing about Twisted Metal, I entered this topic thinking it was about candy...  Is that okay? "
    It has to be okay because I'm aware of Twisted Metal and I figured the topic was about this Sweetooth.
    fourby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By fourby
    @Blair: You just about choked me to death with that picture.
    Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By Death_Unicorn
    @Blair: Oh man, that definitely okay.
    Someone should make a topic about sweetooths.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.