Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

UFC Undisputed 2010

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 25, 2010

UFC Undisputed 2010 is the second installment of the UFC Undisputed franchise.

UFC Purchases Strikeforce.EA UFC MMA possible?

drjota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By drjota
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

I don't know a lot about MMA, but this seems like a big deal. It would be kind of a shame if EA's MMA were to be shut down as a result.

dabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By dabe

They'll either make one final title for a 2012 release or not bother. Also, THQ have a deal with the UFC until 2015 or some such date, so EA will likely look into other avenues aside from MMA for the future I guess.

Unless EA thinks pushing Josh Barnett & Bellator as their off-shoot franchise is a good thing, it's game over time.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By buft

i found the control scheme in MMA to be fiddly but i agree with JJ it would be a shame if it ends up discontinued because the UFC would have no competition and it would go the way of the WWE games

dabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dabe
    @JJWeatherman: 

It sold like ass anyways. Basically, people were already burnt out from the Undisputed titles and the lack of UFC branding was ultimately quite important. It's all good though, capitalism is all about monopolies, as EA no doubt understand.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @dabe said:
    " @JJWeatherman:   It sold like ass anyways. Basically, people were already burnt out from the Undisputed titles and the lack of UFC branding was ultimately quite important. It's all good though, capitalism is all about monopolies, as EA no doubt understand. "
    I'm still mad about the NFL license.  =P
    drjota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By drjota
    @JJWeatherman:

@buft said:
    " i found the control scheme in MMA to be fiddly but i agree with JJ it would be a shame if it ends up discontinued because the UFC would have no competition and it would go the way of the WWE games "
    The only way I could see it working out otherwise would be a situation similar to what happened between the Madden and NFL2K series.The shoe's on the other foot here,sure,but EA could go the route of visual concepts and put out a game full of legends a la All Pro Football 2k8. Although that list would probably be a short one(Gracies,Severn,Frye,Shamrock,Sakuraba.....),the only other option is go with what they did with the latest Fight Night though I doubt that would carry such a recent franchise.In all likelihood,once the present contracts expire that'd be game over.Hopefully there's room for one more...
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By HandsomeDead

Unlikely and I'd hope so but the way Dana was talking, he's rather stick with THQ just to piss off EA Sports for turning him down a few years back.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Are you fucking kidding me, FEDOR AND ALLISTAIR OVEREEM IN THE UFC YESS. 

***The companies are still separate but this allows all the fighters from both leagues to fight each other which will definitely happen.***

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @Bucketdeth said:
    " Are you fucking kidding me, FEDOR AND ALLISTAIR OVEREEM IN THE UFC YESS. "
    No. Fedor will retire and it's going to be two years before Overeem's contract with Coker expires. I'd be surprised if they even let half the heavyweights into the UFC, they are badasses but Barnett always gets stung with PEDs and even Overeem may be disallowed because of the whole horsemeat thing.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @DrJota: If strikeforce had a contract already penned for another MMA game, then the UFC probably shouldn't go back on thier word and there would be at least one more EA MMA game to run the contract out. I personally like the UFC game better since its easier to pick up. 
    p_p_o_d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By p_p_o_d

the buyout sucks for EA and the MMA sport in general.

doesn't the UFC have some kind of 5+ year exclusive deal with THQ?   

if UFC own strikeforce then strikeforce cant work with EA anymore because of that deal unless a contract was already in place for multipal games with EA.

will be fun to see what MMA 2 will be like if it happens.     if the UFC force SF fighters to sign over likeness rights in order to keep there jobs then alot of the fighters in MMA 1 will be cut out of MMA 2 even if they can keep the strikeforce branding in it.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tunaburn

it means nothing. strikeforce is staying its own independant thing. seperate from ufc. do a little more reading.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By monetarydread
    @tunaburn said:
    " it means nothing. strikeforce is staying its own independant thing. seperate from ufc. do a little more reading. "
    there is no merger going on. Plus, any contracts already in place are sticking around. I'm sure EA has a multi-year contract with strikeforce in place.  I`m sure there is going to be a merger when all the contracts are up though. I know that Dana mentioned that he wants to expand to do more non-ppv shows and I am sure that strikeforce as a name will kick around for that reason. I would love to see overeem in the UFC though.
    drjota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By drjota
    @tunaburn: I did,and if you would've done the same,you would've noticed the little part in the text that said that "the company plans to honor all the original contracts and TV deals Strikeforce currently has,at least until they expire".Meaning,correct,no merger at the moment,but later in the article it explains how the plan'll likely be similar to that of the WEC:run some more promotions,and contract fighters under that division,until the deals are done with,then fold it all in.

@MonetaryDread: Overeem vs Velasquez would be amazing.I'd pay a left arm to see champ vs champ!

@StaticFalconar: I found much the same.The ratio of thrown controllers,however,was about equal. ;-) Bonus points for the drinking Marten.
    jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By jasta

One step closer to getting the Diaz brothers back together in the UFC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.