Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Nathan Drake returns to find the lost secret of Marco Polo, in this sequel to the 2007 sleeper hit Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Gearing up for the upcoming Uncharted 2 release

Avatar image for carolinafan3515
    CarolinaFan3515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By CarolinaFan3515

Since  the original Uncharted has been my favorite game on the PS3 thus far, I've been itching in anticipation to get my hands on the sequel, which is only 2 days away.  I'm just so pumped to finally play my most anticipated game in quite a while.  When the Quick Look for Uncharted 2 came out I tried not to watch it, but just could not resist.   Since it was very important to me not to ruin any of the story elements I kind of censored their video a bit for my own good.  When ever Brad or the characters began discussing the story I would just mute my speakers, and when there was any kind of path-finding or chapter selecting going on, I would just cover the screen and look away.  It was just enough for me to see Brad's opening gunfight (death included) and a little bit of the platforming.  

I'm happy to see that, from at least the review side, this game is living up to the hype.  Hearing of all the improvements Naughty Dog had made to the gameplay was good news of coarse, but I'm really excited that they made the story about 1/3 longer this time around.  In preparation for the new title I played through the original again, making it my 10th play through.  Knowing the new story is a little more fleshed out and engaging is really exciting because if you really wanted to you could play the first game in one sitting, even on a harder difficulty setting.

I've planned my whole week around the release of this game.  I'm going to hit up the single player story first, then take the game over to a friend's and do it again there.  I know many of you out there are just as eager to play this game as I am and I hope the sales of this game can influence Naughty Dog to carry on the Nathan Drake franchise for more adventures to come.
    ps:  Now that they've added such a compelling multiplayer on top, I hope to see many of you online (I'll be the one carrying the golden idol). 

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Yah MGS4 can go fuck itself with a taser-knife =P this is the game that the ps3 has been waiting for to unleash its true potential! >8)
    Valames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Valames

Go ahead and add me for mulitplayer. I love it and I hate multiplayer. I have been playing between studying and am up to level 17. I really enjoy Plunder and the co-op mission is really fun. 

PSN: Valames

Avatar image for carolinafan3515
    CarolinaFan3515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CarolinaFan3515
    @Valames said:
    " Go ahead and add me for mulitplayer. I love it and I hate multiplayer. I have been playing between studying and am up to level 17. I really enjoy Plunder and the co-op mission is really fun.   PSN: Valames "
    Will do sir, will do.
    minotaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By minotaka

Ok,  i really need to ask...

Is UC2 comming out in the states before it hits us in the UK?? I've been seeing a few lists saying that the game will be released on the 16th - to which i assumed was to be a world wide, or at least a solid western release date -  tho checking on the gamespot release calender, they have it penciled in for the 13th :o

Im stickin' with the 16th in my mind...  i really wouldnt want this to be out and i'm off at work obvlious to the awesomeness that is UC2 :O!

Valames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Valames
    @minotaka: It comes out in the US on ROCKTOBER 13th, same day as the US release date for Brutal Legend.
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Well my stores in canada has a ton of copies the first day. I played uncharted and I finally finished it after all these years after shelving it getting ready to play uncharted. I was really fustrated by the game and didn't enjoy uncharted at all. I heard uncharted 2 will be better in every way, I hope this time around I would enjoy it.  

If anyone ask, what exactly about uncharted I didn't enjoy? Well it's mostly the cover system, you still get shot and it takes a second to animate your reticle while all your enemies are moving all over the place ducking. It's like trying to aim and shoot in water where everything is slow with moving targets going at full speed. In gears of war, they don't over animate and you still can use the cover to your advantage and won't get shot if you are using the cover. I heard uncharted 2 has a reticule from cover, that would at least reduce that flaw for me. Still if the game is going to be out on the 13th, then that's only a few days away.

minotaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By minotaka

Awesome thanks dudes for clearin' that up for me. We Uk gamers have  gota wait a biiiiiiiiiiit longer :((

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.