Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 01, 2011

On an expedition to find the mythical "Atlantis of the Sands" in the heart of the Arabian Desert, Nathan Drake and his partner, Victor Sullivan, encounter a deceptive organization led by a ruthless dictator. Terrible secrets unfold, causing Drake's quest to descend into a bid for survival.

UnKarted

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By EVO

Naughty Dog have a history of making games in threes, with a kart racer on top for good measure.

They did it with Crash Bandicoot:

And Jak & Daxter:

But what about Uncharted?

I dunno about you guys, but I would buy the shit out of an Uncharted kart racer. All the characters are there: Drake, Sully, Elena, Chloe, Flynn, Tenzin, Eddy Raja, Roman, Navarro, Lazarevic, Schafer, Sir Francis Drake, Marco Polo, Genghis Khan, pirates, Nazis, mutants, Demon Sasquatch, Slippery Naked Guys, Skellzor... It's a roster filled with lovable characters, witty dialogue and locations ripe for a kart racer.

Make it happen, Naughty Dog.

oatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By oatz

I'd totally play it. CTR is my favorite kart racing game.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

This has been pondered a few times... the sheer seriousness and life-like qualities of the series would make it so absurd to become a kart racer.. but that's apart of the appeal. What I've always envisioned is to have a prequel featuring Sully during his younger years, though even with Sully's newly introduced rigor, instead of shooting/platforming it would feature Adventure game elements like Sully traversing towns, talking, scamming people, filtering for information for a new job and in general a lot of activities that would show off Sully at his sleaziest. Stealth could factor into things as well as Sully commits heists and such.

All that in a what I'd picture being the 60s or 70s could be fantastic. A wholly different kind of game from what the franchise is known for, but at this point a little change is exactly what I'd want if Uncharted is to continue further.

But a Kart racer I'd find fun. I just hope to hell we'll be through with Nathan Drake... so bored of his character at this point, and the more games he's in the more transparent he becomes for me.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By SlasherMan

Make it a $15-$20 downloadable title, and I'm all for it. I like silly games.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Hizang

Unkarted is the best name.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Afroman269

I noticed it too. I'm all for it.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By EVO

@Abyssfull said:

What I've always envisioned is to have a prequel featuring Sully during his younger years, though even with Sully's newly introduced rigor, instead of shooting/platforming it would feature Adventure game elements like Sully traversing towns, talking, scamming people, filtering for information for a new job and in general a lot of activities that would show off Sully at his sleaziest. Stealth could factor into things as well as Sully commits heists and such.

I'd buy that. Sully would make a perfect lead for an L.A. Noire/Heavy Rainesque adventure game.

DjCmeP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By DjCmeP

@EVO said:

@Abyssfull said:

What I've always envisioned is to have a prequel featuring Sully during his younger years, though even with Sully's newly introduced rigor, instead of shooting/platforming it would feature Adventure game elements like Sully traversing towns, talking, scamming people, filtering for information for a new job and in general a lot of activities that would show off Sully at his sleaziest. Stealth could factor into things as well as Sully commits heists and such.

I'd buy that. Sully would make a perfect lead for an L.A. Noire/Heavy Rainesque adventure game.

Moustache minigames, I'm in!

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Drebin_893

I love the sound of a Kart racer in this universe, but @Abyssfull just described the perfect direction for the franchise.

The_Quintip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Quintip

This would be cool as long as you could have rocket launchers, machine guns, and grenades to knock out the other players. And obviously, make it online.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By MikkaQ

Hell yes. I'd play an Uncharted kart racer.

solidejake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By solidejake

Where was Spyro Racer, Ratchet Racer, and RACEistance?

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#13  Edited By c_rakestraw

@solidejake said:

Where was Spyro Racer, Ratchet Racer, and RACEistance?

Those are (or were in the case of Spyro) Insomniac franchises, and they've yet to make a kart racer. That's kinda Naughty Dog's thing.

That said, I would be down for a Uncharted kart racer simply for the sheer absurdity of the idea. Also:

@Abyssfull said:

All that in a what I'd picture being the 60s or 70s could be fantastic. A wholly different kind of game from what the franchise is known for, but at this point a little change is exactly what I'd want if Uncharted is to continue further.

This needs to happen.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Contro

Yea, good spot. I'd totally play it, if it was something like Motorstorm with Jeeps and stuff.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By coakroach

CTR was glorious

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By TheHT

I'd play an Uncharted racing game that was like Diddy Kong Racing.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#17  Edited By Soap

Glad to see other people spotting this to.

Also, if it's called UnKarted I will fucking preorder it today!

Thor_Molecules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Thor_Molecules

I would be so down for UnKarted.

They should make it a real arcade kart-racer though, with silly big heads, arcadey controls, ridiculous tracks and lots of drifting and powerups.

If they manage to recapture the Crash Team Racing magic, i'd buy this on day one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.