Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 01, 2011

On an expedition to find the mythical "Atlantis of the Sands" in the heart of the Arabian Desert, Nathan Drake and his partner, Victor Sullivan, encounter a deceptive organization led by a ruthless dictator. Terrible secrets unfold, causing Drake's quest to descend into a bid for survival.

Yemen / Adventure... what do yah think?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee
    Because, guys.... Yemen is pretty fucking insane, in-my-honest true-to-life opinion. Pretty much the entire map is filled with red sniper sights following me around... or would if the Sniper Rifle gave off a red laser light in competitive, but the message is clear. It's no doubt because of how the map completely trades in horizontal space for vertical, so actually running around on the ground floor can almost get a little claustrophobic. I still think it's a fun map mind you, and as such nearly always has someone to chase around, or be chased by because of its enclosed spaces. I love/hate how so very open and in your face the RPG and GL are as well. With that in mind, as people become more familiarised  with the map itself, I'd predict there'll be half of the players leaping up to the sniper towers, and the other half racing for the Power weapon; with me laying in wait with a grenade at the ready.  
    I just wish they would of introduced a more open map, like U2's Plaza, since Airstrip and Chateau before it were still fairly enclosed.

The other highlight of the update naturally is the cooperative Adventure mode, but that's a little disappointing with it only actually being a 10 or so minute snippet of a single mission. To be fair, though, that's how it was with the Uncharted 2 beta as well. It did at least give me an eyebrow raising moment to notice Elena with her grey-ish looking hair. Another little reminder to bury in your brain that it's a beta of course. But it still has some more of the life-defying set-pieces on hand, now to experience with a fellow or two, and also was kind enough to introduce a few of the new weapons - like a magnum-pistol with a scope. (!!!) 

Awesome mode; will no doubt become one of my (initial) favourites until I eventually conquer it's Crushing mode (not before going through a few pads of course) just like U2's. Only thing I hope is that there'll be more than three, or if they'll at least show a little support during the following months.
    bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By bwheeeler

Was that Elena? I just assumed it was a new girl.

bobcat1794

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By bobcat1794

yeah i actually played yemen on day one of the beta believe it or not. For some reason it clitched out and gave me that map twice in free for all and it was by far the best map. Ive yet to play adventure though.
    MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By MEATBALL

I'll have to give it a go, sniper city doesn't sound like my kind of thing though, partly because I've always been a horrendous sniper.

kickinthehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5  Edited By kickinthehead

I think Yemen might be my favorite map actually. There're definitely more sniper points in this map than any other, but there are a lot of underground passages that let you get up behind those points. Not to mention that you're super vulnerable when climbing the ladders. Also the zip lines are a lot of fun to shoot or throw grenades from and give ample opportunity to get the Yippee Kay Yay medal. I think this map is a nice mix of open area and also tight corridors.

Adventure mode is rather short, but if the segment with sniper pistols is indicative of some stuff in single player then I'm super stoked to see what they do. Elena's hair does look oddly gray and also it looks like her facial features are a bit harder than before, but we'll have to wait until it's released to see how much they changed if any.

TanoPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By TanoPrime

Yemen is sniper central.  I'm not the greatest with a sniper rifle by any means but after a match with a team with nothing but lvl 30+ people sniping me up;  I promptly picked up my Dragon and perched on a tower for the next two or three matches.  As long as you are paying attention, no one is getting up that tower to you.

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By X19

Favourite map out of the three so far.

Adventure mode I will complete on  crushing and then never play again.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MEATBALL

I've gotten a match in on Yemen, and it wasn't so bad in terms of snipers. The map is crazy impressive, I hope there are other maps of a similar vertical scale in the final game.

thedj93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By thedj93

The pace in Yemen is absolutely breakneck in my experience. Definitely a really unique map. 

I like it, but I don't think I'll ever be able to compete as well there as I do on other maps. The narrowness of everything makes me super susceptible to the type of players who run and blindfire their automatic pistols right at you.

jkuc316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By jkuc316
    @X19 said:
    Favourite map out of the three so far.  Adventure mode I will complete on  crushing and then never play again.
    Kinda typical of you IMO

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.