Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released May 10, 2016

Naughty Dog charts treasure hunter Nathan Drake's final adventure in the fourth entry of this action-adventure, swash-buckling saga.

What are your thoughts on end game boss. (Spoilers Ahoy)

• 58 results
    Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Died a few times. I think my issue was the control mapping. It just felt really awkward to block with triangle. I think honestly if they had mapped block left to square and basically just have it be like Assassin's Creed style counter moves, it probably would have been more cinematic and feel way better then what it was.

It was a cool scene and the mirror images of the two fighting with the dead pirates swords was honestly, really awesome, but like most complaints already mentioned, Rafe and Nadine character wise were kind of wasted. They weren't developed properly throughout the game and their intentions after some thought are kind of silly. Why does Rafe want to so badly see the Drake brothers killed at the end? The gold is right there, just let them go! Why does Nadine just not kill Rafe and let the Drake brothers go? Moments ago, she literally said how the Drake brothers kinda deserved the treasure! All these things lead up to such a super specific scenario, it made me feel like I was cinemasins.

I guess after comparing this to other boss fights and motivations, it could have been worse. The nice bow tie finish of the epilogue washed out the bad taste for me at least.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#52  Edited By Humanity

Just to add my 2 cents, I beat this today and I thought like the rest of the game it was very cinematic and required very little input from the player. The fight itself went on too long and overstayed it's welcome by about two sequences. What was an interesting, fun little twist suddenly turned into a protracted game of Punch Out.

Still I prefer the Punch Out boss to anything involving actual combat and waves of bad guys. Good lord the shooting has not gotten any better in these games and the ship graveyard section was painful.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Dem spoilers and no spoiler tag on mobile!!!

It was ok but the guy you fight was a big letdown. The lack of any supernatural or scifi really sucked too. No curse, no monsters, shit no drug cartel just some spoiled rich kid who's mad for no reason. They set up this cool premise of how they all turned on each other but never followed up on it, they just got greedy? Rafe just gets greedy rather than staying alive? The fuck?

The mechanics were cool though after i figured out which attacks were coming from where. It was definitely less frustrating but way less memorable.

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

The sword fight is great conceptually and fits nicely to the pirate theme of the game. Execution wise it was frustrating. I am not a big fan of games introducing new game-play or combat mechanic at the very end of the game. Like melee encounters early in the game. It is really hit and miss. You think its a quick time event but it isn't. One reasons why it could be justified is that it creates tension for Nathan to use a weapon he has not used before. Maybe Nathan and Sam should had a mock sword duel when they were kids or after they arrived to the island as a tutorial.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

Just finished the game. I died a few times but it was dramatic. Other than some sweaty palms and some cramping. Fucking QTEs. My wife wanted to take out that girl "Nadine?" so bad. She was pissed she got away. Now my wife wants me to play the remasters. I love her when she watches me play a game.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

This isn't a "I'm so good" thing, but I went through it once with no issues. His attacks are pretty slow and its a pretty simple concept: triangle for leftward attacks and circle for right. They do trip you up sometimes when he attacks with a right swipe from the left...but its still pretty easy.

I thought it felt thematically appropriate and they didn't fall into the garbage of having you fire at a person for thousands of rounds, ala Uncharted 2.

ashton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By ashton

i thought it was a great way to end a game based on pyrates! camera was a little finicky at times but i found the timing wasn't that bad. you don't have to be too quick to hit the buttons. they give you a good amount of time to watch the direction hes coming from and then press the button

very thankful there wasn't some stupid mystical enemy like in the previous 3 games

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

I enjoyed it and really liked Rafe's character. The voice actor for him did a great job, in my opinion.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#59 sweep  Moderator

It definitely felt very gamey in a way that the rest of the adventure didn't. I would much rather it had been like the fight against Nadine with Sam, which cleverly incorporated shooting, climbing, melee and QTE's in a way that was both balanced and fluent. I think having to learn boss patterns, and knowing you're about to die when the screen goes monochrome, only served to draw to the forefront the mechanics which, up until that point, had been subtly integrated into the game as oppose to shoved into the players face.

HAVING SAID THAT the theme and setting was completely appropriate, and I was quite relieved that they didn't have to fall back on any "secret mystical power that the bad dude could use to take over the world" nonsense like they did in the previous 2 games. In that sense it felt completely satisfying.

I'm still surprised Sam survived though. It would have been completely suitable for him to be left there and drowned among the treasure he'd fucked up everyone's lives to reach.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.