Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Unreal Tournament 3

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Dec 10, 2007

The third main installment of the fast-paced arena-based first-person shooter brings its futuristic world to the Unreal Engine 3 game engine while adding a grimy aesthetic and a new story-based single-player campaign (involving a crew of mercenaries set out to avenge their fallen colony against the Necris).

Many people play....

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By sodiumCyclops

I just got a retail copy of UT3 for PC and have started to add it to steam. I was wondering if many people still play it?

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Absurd
    Game Monitor says there are currently 247/10,000 or so players possible.
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Should be moved to UT3 forums...

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By ajamafalous

Depends on what you mean by "many." There are enough people still playing that you'll have no trouble finding a handful of populated servers, but you probably won't have your pick of gametype.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By sodiumCyclops

Mods, feel free to move to appropriate area. Also, is it worth installing this on steam or just using the retail EPIC servers? where am I most liekly to get more games/players?

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#6  Edited By citizenkane
    @TheMustacheHero said:
    " Should be moved to UT3 forums... "
    Done.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Al3xand3r
    @sodiumCyclops said:
    " Mods, feel free to move to appropriate area. Also, is it worth installing this on steam or just using the retail EPIC servers? where am I most liekly to get more games/players? "
    Install it normally then get the latest patches and it will actually be added to Steam since the latest patches make it a Steam game for all buyers. But that way you won't have to redownload the whole thing from Steam, I think, since you have the DVD to install from. So try that.

As said already, it's not too popular, but you shouldn't have trouble finding populated servers. You should also check out released and upcoming mods (from good old moddb I suppose) since the Make Something Unreal Contest is still active and driving some pretty creative developers.
    stephengotlost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By stephengotlost

I think it's interesting to note how Unreal Engine 3 is far more successful than the game itself. It's like a dog devouring itself.

mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By mesklinite

It's not that strange. I guess it's mostly used to drive tech. Gears did some stuff, but UT3 did other stuff like vehicles in a way that gears probsbly didn't. I usually look at ut3 as a tech demo for epic. Gears is their special game.
    Psyx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Psyx2

You'll probably find a few populated servers, but not many. I often get servers with bots and maybe 2 or 3 actual people, which isn't such a great thing for such a mod-friendly series like Unreal Tournament.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Akeldama
    @sodiumCyclops said:
    " I just got a retail copy of UT3 for PC and have started to add it to steam. I was wondering if many people still play it? "
    i just bought it. Fucking ace game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.