Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Unreal Tournament 3

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Dec 10, 2007

The third main installment of the fast-paced arena-based first-person shooter brings its futuristic world to the Unreal Engine 3 game engine while adding a grimy aesthetic and a new story-based single-player campaign (involving a crew of mercenaries set out to avenge their fallen colony against the Necris).

This game is MASSIVELY under-rated

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By s10129107

I recently booted up my PC version, lost 4 hours without realizing it and had a ton of fun. I really don't understand why so few people play it. I understand its an updated version of 2k4, but 2k4 came out a LONG time ago and really doesnt stand up anymore. I just wish there were more people playing.

Ironically, it also felt unique and new up against all the other shooters that are out there. I thought it was funny how those old wrung out mechanics arent found anywhere anymore. I really don't think theyre antiquated. I don't know why games like this arent made anymore.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@s10129107 said:

I understand its an updated version of 2k4, but 2k4 came out a LONG time ago and really doesnt stand up anymore.

Graphically, perhaps. But from a gameplay perspective 2k4 is clearly superior. I would even argue that the focus on graphics is what ultimately ruined U3 as a game. Another great example is Nexuiz.
    ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ghost_cat

Yeah I remember enjoying 2k4 more. Hell, I thought the original was the best.

GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By GoofyGoober

I played it on the PS3 and it was O.....K. I remember before it was released I was really hyped about it. It had its fun moments but it was nothing special. Hell I had more fun with UC2 L. Conflict on the original xbox.

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By HadesTimes

The game is great, just remember when it came out PCs weren't what they are now.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NTM

I've tried to get through the campaign multiple times, but it always got too tedious so I always stopped.

GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By GoofyGoober

@NTM: I think the campaign was more for training purposes, get you ready for the online play.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By TheHBK

@NTM said:

I've tried to get through the campaign multiple times, but it always got too tedious so I always stopped.

You played an Unreal Tournament for the campaign?

Well I have to say the game is a ton of fun. It is just dumb fun you can say. Nothing real special but it is just a good game that provides great fast gameplay in modes and maps that are just great. People expect too much out of games to provide some kind of revolution each time. Unreal Tournament is like what my mom always tells me about jeans. Pants come and go in fashion, but jeans are always gonna be in style. Unreal Tournament is a classic, in all its forms.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NTM

@GoofyGoober: @TheHBK: I know that. Also, I wasn't saying the game was boring.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.