Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

Game » consists of 0 releases. Coming Q3 2024

A sequel to 2004's Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines developed by The Chinese Room and published by Paradox Interactive.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 no longer developed by Hardsuit Labs, delayed until...?

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By glots

So Bloodlines 2 continues to be on fire, but this is easily the biggest setback thus far.

Probably not the most ideal time to go and search for a new developer right now, so who knows when we’ll hear some more news.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game has been canceled. There may eventually be something called Bloodlines 2 but it won't be whatever was in development (though it might use some of the assets etc...)

It's probably for the best since nobody seems to have been confident about what they had. I will say that I wish they would fix the original Bloodlines and re release it on more platforms before doing a sequel. They have the time now and it would get people hyped, but maybe making that thing run well without fan patches etc... would be more trouble than its worth. Which kind of speaks to the overall issue with this project as a concept.

World of Darkness is a 90s property and while Bloodlines had a passionate fan base it wasn't large, so they're intentionally trying to make an overambitious project but on a smaller budget and it was inevitable it would run into trouble.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
    deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh well, they should take all the time they need as far as I'm concerned, I'll take a better game in 2022+ to one with pieces missing this year. I'm looking forward to playing this (whatever this turns out to be) at some point, enjoyed the first Bloodlines enough that I'll be checking this out...eventually... hopefully...

Here's hoping they don't just sorta give up in the end, release it woefully unfinished and move on like what happened all those other times news like this occurs.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

What a sad arc this game has had. I was really pumped at the intial showing but once they fired Mitsoda all hype left my body. I had hoped it might still have ended up a cool game despite those woes but seems not.

ToughShed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This absolutely never looked like a game at any point they "showed it". Should be a continued lesson in not showing things too early.

El_Blarfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By El_Blarfo

What a bummer. You knew there was trouble afoot when they fired Brian Mitsoda out of the blue, and then Cara Ellison split for greener pastures.

This is a great, complex, creepy setting that deserves better-- that includes the problems that Paradox has had shepherding the tabletop version over the past few years.

My personal headcanon is that Gehenna/ The Apocalypse/ Ascension/ Whatever happened back in the early 2000's and we should just let it go.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Honestly, I prefer this to them releasing a game that makes me sad that we haven't had a sequel in 15+ years and then got another cash-in bad game I need to forget exists.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Has there ever been a case of a game changing developers before it comes out and it ending up being an actually good game?

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sadly finished looking forward to the game. I'm guessing it'll either become vaporware or be formally cancelled before the years end. Hope I'm wrong, and if it does release, I hope it's decent but I can't imagine this is anything more than the last gasp of a dying project.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Efesell  Online

Listen you guys are all big downers about this but if you think about it there's no greater follow up to the original Bloodlines than releasing a nightmarish hellscape glued together into something that is somehow worth playing in spite of it all.

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell said:

Listen you guys are all big downers about this but if you think about it there's no greater follow up to the original Bloodlines than releasing a nightmarish hellscape glued together into something that is somehow worth playing in spite of it all.

You are not wrong. Hopefully that last part is true too.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

As someone who plays Vampire the Masquerade 5E, following the development of this game has been a wild ride. I think there's likely a narrative about the game's struggles beyond the original dev team not being able to work efficiently through the pandemic. Not when Paradox's board game and tabletop division has been through as much "strife" as it has been in the past five years.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

@firepaw said:

Has there ever been a case of a game changing developers before it comes out and it ending up being an actually good game?

Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Originally the devs of all those Naruto games were picked to develop it. And then Square took it to develop it themselves.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know, Iron Galaxy. The developer that brought us Extinction.

Wow. Suddenly remembered that game existed at all and is apparently almost three years old already.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glots: I can't forget because it pops up in PSN sales from time to time for like $6. I almost pre-ordered the game because how could the great Dave Lang steer us wrong?

Sometimes development doesn't go the way you want even with good people involved.

Which brings us back to Bloodlines 2. Except that Paradox believes in the IP enough to reboot this, and I'm pretty sure that it will be more or less a reboot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.