Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Vanquish

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

Take the fight to evil Russian robots using a rocket-powered self-adapting battlesuit in this innovative third-person shooter from Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami.

this game is so fucking awesome!

JoMate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JoMate

damn I just finished my first play trough, and I'm already exited for the second one this game is just so insane, but still so smooth. 

So if you have the money and time for it please do yourself a favor and play this, like right now that is!

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BraveToaster

It is definitely an awesome game.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#3  Edited By wefwefasdf

Waiting for it to drop in price and then I'll pick it up. The gameplay looks fantastic.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By RobotHamster

I really want to play it but I have neither the time or money to at this moment.  

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By monetarydread
    @SpikeSpiegel said:
    " Waiting for it to drop in price and then I'll pick it up. The gameplay looks fantastic. "
    This. I just had to re-build my PC  so, unless there is a PC version coming out soon, I'm not buying the game anytime soon.
    foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By foggel

I loved the demo, but I'm waiting untill I get more time on my hands, as I've already got too many games to play already.

jelekeloy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By jelekeloy

I really want to play it, but Gamefly is being Gamefly, and not sending it to me even though I've had no games out for the past week.

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Rockanomics

Love to, but all I gots is a PC.

PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PercyChuggs

Vanquish makes Gears of War look like playing checkers with your comatose grandmother.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

It indeed looks great, but im waiting for a price drop on it. 
    Its too short for my budget right now. 
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11  Edited By jakob187

I won't be able to get it for at least another two weeks or so with all the other game purchases and other stuff I'm putting money out on (some toys for my car), but I'm definitely looking to pick the game up.  The demo was fucking sweet!

JoMate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JoMate

and just to prove how cool here is an very quick photoshop of an screenshot:

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

Did you back flip kick kill 2 romanoffs then back flip in bullet time shooting 2 enemies in the head?  I did.

JoMate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JoMate
    @SethPhotopoulos: I do not recall all the crazy ass moves I have pulled of but I don't think I did that one, sounds awesome though
    spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By spankingaddict

Hell Yeah!!!!!!!

PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PercyChuggs
    @Bloodgraiv3 said:
    " It indeed looks great, but im waiting for a price drop on it. Its too short for my budget right now.  "
    $60 is $60. What does game length have to do with budget? You would rather play a merely decent game for 12 hours than an amazing one for 5?
    Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sarkhan

I loved the demo, but to much money going out at this time. I'll pick it up before xmas though. 1 question; Is it really as short as ppl complain about? Cause i dont mind if it's short as long as it full throttle all the way :) And if somebody could tell me if there are any extras there(challenge mode, insane difficulty and so on)  

Thanks
    fuzzay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By fuzzay

I bought this game at HMV of all places for $50. Awesome price for an outstanding game.

Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By Romination

My 360 red-ringed as soon as I got it. I hate life right now.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SSully

I am glad it is getting such great feedback, i was worried after hearing about the 4 hour long fiasco. I will most likely wait a month or so, with fallout new vegas and civilization 5 i am pretty covered with my games for the moment. 

JiggyDino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By JiggyDino

I might check it out if GB reviews it.  The demo was Ok but not mindblowing, so I'm still on the fence.

Lukaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lukaz
    @PercyChuggs:  He seems to be trying to get the most game out of his limited budget; getting the most bang for his buck. I don't doubt that Vanquish is an amazing game, but a 12 hour game can be amazing too. Fallout: New Vegas is a prefect counterexample for your argument. Each game has its own merits that measure up to the amazing status. Vanquish explodes with high action, highly rendered visuals and some insane gameplay. On the other hand, Fallout's merits include its lengthiness and its invitation to get lost in the world, an experience that will exceed one sitting. Fallout is not amazing in the same sense that Vanquish is, but in a different way, and I believe that is what Bloodgraiv3 is looking.
    JoMate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JoMate
    @Vortexus1981: well I think if you would play at normal it would take you 6 to 8 hours, but every minute of those is crazy action (the credits included), as for an insane mode when you first play it you can play hard but after finishing the game you unlock a god hard mode.
    bearshamanbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By bearshamanbro

The thing with the length on this game though is that it is built on multiple playthroughs and improving your time on each level. Se even though it only takes you 6 hours to go through once, you may get 20-30 hours out of the game. It's all about the gameplay and perfecting the game. If you just play through it once, you're not playing it right.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25  Edited By Bloodgraiv3
    @PercyChuggs: 

I pay 80 for one thing, and then I wouldn't just buy the 12 hour meh experience, Id get something a bit longer that'll last me a while that thats a good game.
    Maclintok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By Maclintok

Yeah, preach it.  Tell your friends,  Vanquish is an awesome game but it probably should have been released during the summer or delayed until January 2011.  I can't see how this game is 4 hours long. I have logged 4-5 hours already and I'm still halfway through the second-to-last Act.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

Loved the demo, nice to know i'll get this soon.

GideonAmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By GideonAmos

The constant barrage of fast paced action you get in this game is insane. I actually have to take a break every now and then because my brain is melting from its awesomeness. 

Jump vaulting from a cover and activating the ARS slo-mo in midair to kill 5 russian robots who tried to flank you will always be awesome.

1p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By 1p

Just finished it. This game is radical, guys. Right up my fucking alley. Platinum has been doing awesome this year.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BBQBram
    @Lukaz said:
    " @PercyChuggs:  He seems to be trying to get the most game out of his limited budget; getting the most bang for his buck. I don't doubt that Vanquish is an amazing game, but a 12 hour game can be amazing too. Fallout: New Vegas is a prefect counterexample for your argument. Each game has its own merits that measure up to the amazing status. Vanquish explodes with high action, highly rendered visuals and some insane gameplay. On the other hand, Fallout's merits include its lengthiness and its invitation to get lost in the world, an experience that will exceed one sitting. Fallout is not amazing in the same sense that Vanquish is, but in a different way, and I believe that is what Bloodgraiv3 is looking. "
    While I see the point you are making and fully agree with you, maybe next time don't use a game as busted up and broken as Fallout in your analogy.
    MannyMAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MannyMAR

Right now Amazon's selling it for $46, but it seems that quantities are limited. 5 copies for PS3 and just 1 left for Xbox.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By VanderSEXXX
    @Vortexus1981 said:

" I loved the demo, but to much money going out at this time. I'll pick it up before xmas though. 1 question; Is it really as short as ppl complain about? Cause i dont mind if it's short as long as it full throttle all the way :) And if somebody could tell me if there are any extras there(challenge mode, insane difficulty and so on)   Thanks "

Well I just finished it on hard and my total play time was 5:21:16. But looking forward to a 2nd play through and still trying to get the proper rhythm with the game. And I'm likely to play it again and again and again like I did with Ninja Gaiden.  

Yes a challenge mode is also available once you beat the game once, similar to the Mercenaries of  Resident Evil 4 & 5, and Ninja Gaiden's individual mission modes. You also unlock God Hard mode once you beat the game on at-least normal level. :D 
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By pweidman

Yeah I really liked the demo, and just got it delivered from Amazon, so I am sooo looking forward to playing it most of this W/E.  I can deal w/a game that is a bit short but chock full of fun along the way, and a playthrough on hard will be a given so yeah, plenty worthy to give it a go for me.
    amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By amir90

It is a very cool game yes

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I just don't find it very engaging, I can only play it in short bursts or else I get bored. I'm not entirely sure what it is either, the game is fine. Sadly I don't find it very satisfying to play.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.