Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Vanquish

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

Take the fight to evil Russian robots using a rocket-powered self-adapting battlesuit in this innovative third-person shooter from Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami.

Vanquish Challenge 6 - Sonofa.....

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By OmegaPirate

I love trophies (or achievements, whichever your poison)  

And i aim to complete ever game i get to it's fullest (ridiculous investment onlines for dead games, and unfair multiple playthroughs are my exceptions) 
     I have finished Vanquish in it's entirety, found every collectible, finished without dying - jumped through every hoop they have asked me - the works... 

BUT 

There is one thing remaining, one sole trophy left to achieve before my platinum is awarded, it's for finishing all the challenges, there were 5 of them. 
    I set to work 
    It was hard, waves upon waves of very difficult enemies, with no checkpoints between waves, making death extra punishing. 
    I persevered 
    Challenge 4 gave me the most trouble - It kicked my ass for 3 days straight 
    I crushed it in the end. 
    Challenge 5 was barely worth a mention compared to 4 - i cleared it out in a few minutes. 

Then challenge 6 unlocked - i was not aware it existed and was a little upset that my victory had been postponed by this late contender. Nevertheless i licked my lips and prepared to floor this game one last time to claim my prize. 
    Hell, after challenge 4 - nothing can be a task anymore right? 

Wrong  

Challenge 6 is too much for me, it takes so damn long, it's ridiculous - the slightest error at any one moment leads to death - the enemies are relentless, I've only made it through to the final wave once and i lasted approx. 20 seconds. 
     I can't quit now, not this far into my 100% mission, this last feat is all that stands in my way - but i'm at my wits end. 

I've looked online , even browsed youtube videos on how the pros have cleared it out - it takes the quickest ive seen about 15 minutes to finish, and even then he rides his luck at times that you just can not emulate. 

Despite his tips int he description i really can't seem to get his M-O down for this. 

It's probably a pointless ask but i figure i'll throw a hook out anyway; Has anyone on Gb actually managed to do this? is it even possible? ANy advice at all would be gratefully received - particularly around the method of dealing with the two BIA scorpion like mechs.
    Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Vanek

Unfortunately I cannot offer any advice, however for having all the other achievements/trophies in that game I salute you.

I just finished the game today and even on normal it was difficult at times.  I want to play through it again on the harder difficulty settings and at some point clear the challenge levels, but I think it's possibly beyond me.

All I can say is good luck and I hope you get that platinum!  =D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.