Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Westerado: Double Barreled

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Apr 16, 2015

A western open-world game by Ostrich Banditos in which the player is tasked with finding their family's killer, by any means necessary.

Westerado: Double Barreled released today.

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
    Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Fear_the_Booboo

Hello,

I don't know if you remember this awesome quicklook of Westerado Patrick and Jeff made back in the day. It is an Adult Swim published browser game where you play a cowboy trying to find the murderer(s) of his family. The most awesome part of it being that you can draw your gun everywhere, anywhere, even during conversations, and that the game will react to it, making it the most realistic cowboy simulator since Law of the West.

The developpers launched today a full version of it today on steam. It seems like nobody is talking about it, so I thought I'd share the new with the people here on the forums.

I haven't played enough of it to know what's different from the browser game. It still seems pretty cool.

Crembaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Oh.

OH. OH SHIT, THIS IS THAT GAME.

Huh. Definitely interested in picking this up at some point.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I enjoyed the browser version for a bit. If someone checks this out, let us know how it is!

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I miss Patrick Quick Looks. :(

But then they've been gone for a long time, since once he moved to Chicago most of his video content was horror games or Spelunky/Binding of Isaac/1001 Spikes.

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
    Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@bisonhero: Yeah me too. Jeff no-bullshit attitude was fun with him and created a nice dynamic I think.

@artisanbreads: I played about an hour. It seems pretty similar to the browser version. The world is bigger and there's different characters you can unlock to play. They are supposed to have different stories but I cannot say so far. There's also a co-op mode that I haven't tried.

I you were burnt on the browser version, I doubt this is gonna be enough, but I think it's great so far.

Warmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 4

@fear_the_booboo: I tried the co-op but its pretty disappointing. Player one is the only one who can interact with anything. The second player is literally only there to help in gunfights.

@artisanbreads: I posted a video review on the site so definitely check that out. The biggest issue I had with the game was a fair amount of bugs. The developers just pinned a bug thread on the Steam Community forums so it looks like those will be addressed fairly soon.

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked this up and really liked it a lot. I've only put about an hour or so into this game, but being able to pull a gun on anyone at any time is something that never really gets old. The soundtrack is fucking great, too--very much a spaghetti western sound, and I am into that.

chroipahtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: I miss Patrick in general. Specifically, his goofy presence in video content.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@ttthrasher said:

@bisonhero: I miss Patrick in general. Specifically, his goofy presence in video content.

Yeah, he brought a certain youthful inquisitive nature to the site, that I think Drew shares to a certain extent as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.