Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

How do you feel about the Wii?

• 177 results
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By HandsomeDead

It's weird how I'm the one who always gets brought up as talking about the Wii all the time when I'm not the one making threads asking people what they think about it then complaining when people are negative.

Siris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By Siris

nice selection of choices here.. haha, "I have a Wii." That is all.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#103  Edited By Willy105

I'm still surprised at the negativity against the Wii. I just can't find the reasons.

Cadmus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Cadmus

Whether it be my family or my friends, they both agree that Mario and Nintendo is for kids and that the wii is lame (my parents think the latter, my friends and my brother the latter).

I think this speaks a lot because these people know nothing about video games.  That means they are unbiased.

I voted 9.  I would have voted 10 but I think the wii is below my dignity to use explitives.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#105  Edited By oldschool
    @Cadmus said:
    " Whether it be my family or my friends, they both agree that Mario and Nintendo is for kids and that the wii is lame (my parents think the latter, my friends and my brother the latter). I think this speaks a lot because these people know nothing about video games.  That means they are unbiased.  I voted 9.  I would have voted 10 but I think the wii is below my dignity to use explitives. "
    No, it means that they are ignorant.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Godwind
    @Willy105 said:

" @Godwind said:

" As it stands, I have been using it to play Gamecube games.  That isn't to the Wii alone doesn't have games I want, it just happens to be that there Gamecubes I've always wanted to play but never given them  a shot.  I recently picked up Starfox Assualt, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, 1080 Avalanche and Wario World.   As it stands, there are still a lot of must haves for me like Punch-Out!! and Wii Sports Resort. "

That is a good idea. Only problem that the only way to get Gamecube games where I live is at the Gamestop an hour away, and they are all used games without the cover. "
    You could always use the internet baby and use other places besides Gamestop.   You also don't need to use Gamestop's stores to buy games.

http://giftcard.ebay.com/

http://www.amazon.com/gp/gc/ref=g_gc-gc_dp_redirect

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Gifts.aspx#  

However, I would advise on the more flexible giftcards from Visa, Mastercard and American express. However, they usually come with a fee of $5 to activate the card which sucks, but it is a trade off for flexibility.

http://usa.visa.com/personal/cards/prepaid/visa_gift_card.html?ep=a_cpc_rm_google_prepaid&gclid=CLi0lv727p0CFVF95QodCT_ENA 

http://www.mastercard.com/us/personal/en/aboutourcards/prepaid/index.html 

https://www.americanexpress.com/gift/giftcardslanding.shtml?ne_ppc_id=839&ne_key_id=5014875&gclid=CIib6Kr37p0CFYJx5QodSHnTKg
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Willy105
    @oldschool said:
    " @Cadmus said:
    " Whether it be my family or my friends, they both agree that Mario and Nintendo is for kids and that the wii is lame (my parents think the latter, my friends and my brother the latter). I think this speaks a lot because these people know nothing about video games.  That means they are unbiased.  I voted 9.  I would have voted 10 but I think the wii is below my dignity to use explitives. "
    No, it means that they are ignorant. "
    Just because they are not part of the majority does not mean they are ignorant.

Because third world countries don't have electricity and water does not mean they are ignorant.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Al3xand3r

I believe oldschool reffered to the information relayed by that poster rather than make a guess. He clearly said that "these people know nothing about video games.  That means they are unbiased" to which oldschool replied that not knowing anything about something doesn't make you unbiased, it makes you ignorant to it, and he's simply right (2).  I'm not sure what third world countries have to do with any of it.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#109  Edited By MysteriousBob
    @Willy105 said:
    " I'm still surprised at the negativity against the Wii. I just can't find the reasons. "
    Things that are undeserving popular usually do stir up a lot of hate. The Wii is useless as a game console, it only has about four games worth playing on it and lacks ports of the best multiplatform games of this generation (GTAIV, Fallout 3, proper COD4, SFIV etc). I choose those over Wii Cheer or Carnival Games.
    Avatar image for altered_confusion
    Altered_Confusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 264

Its a good gateway system to get non-gamers or casual gamers to see that consoles aren't the devil. Some may go on to get other consoles, and others might just find excitement and fun in the Wii. Sure there is a mountain of shovelware on the system, but there are some companies that take the Wii seriously, and those companies have been able to make some good games.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#111  Edited By Meowayne
    @MysteriousBob said:
    The Wii is useless as a game console, it only has about four games worth playing on it
    I play the Wii just as much as my X360, and I own about 50 Wii games. Explain.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Al3xand3r

Clearly you're a 12 year old girl that owns every Ubisoft Z title and Carnival Games game. And so am I, oldschool, Linky and others. Explained.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Meowayne

Oh right, thank you.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Meowayne

Numbers! Of the metacritics Top 50 Wii games with 80+ scores, 18 were released this year. 12 of these are Wii exclusives. Out of these 12, 11(!) are third-party games.  

And those numbers do not even include A Boy And His Blob, Wii Sports Resort, Rune Factory, Muramasa, OVERKILL, Fire Emblem, Grand Slam Tennis, Contra Rebirth or Klonoa - all released this year - as they are in the top 50-100.

Just something to keep in mind for future posts in this thread. Have fun. :)
    Haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#115  Edited By Haziqonfire

I love the Wii, my favourite current generation console. 

I play it the most out of my 360 and Wii. It has the most games that appeal to me and feels refreshing after playing a lot of what is offered on the other platform.

ObsideonDarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#116  Edited By ObsideonDarman

I have a Wii and I think it is nothing more than a Spoof of Gaming, it's a mockery and a big Gimmick

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Willy105
    @MysteriousBob said:

" @Willy105 said:

" I'm still surprised at the negativity against the Wii. I just can't find the reasons. "
    Things that are undeserving popular usually do stir up a lot of hate. The Wii is useless as a game console, it only has about four games worth playing on it and lacks ports of the best multiplatform games of this generation (GTAIV, Fallout 3, proper COD4, SFIV etc). I choose those over Wii Cheer or Carnival Games. "
    Obviously you are going to choose those HD games over Wii Cheer and Carnival games, but would you over actual good Wii games?

@ObsideonDarman said:

" I have a Wii and I think it is nothing more than a Spoof of Gaming, it's a mockery and a big Gimmick "

I feel sorry for those that will quit gaming after this generation.

Honestly, this generation would have sucked for me if I didn't have a Wii.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By oldschool
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " I believe oldschool reffered to the information relayed by that poster rather than make a guess. He clearly said that "these people know nothing about video games.  That means they are unbiased" to which oldschool replied that not knowing anything about something doesn't make you unbiased, it makes you ignorant to it, and he's simply right (2).  I'm not sure what third world countries have to do with any of it. "
    Correct.
    Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
    Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

Hahahaha 17% voted A.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#120  Edited By Griddler

H.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By oldschool
    @Emandudeguyperson said:
    " Hahahaha 17% voted A. "
    We need more 360 fanboys to come in and make that higher  ^-^
    Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldschool said:
    " @Emandudeguyperson said:
    We need more 360 fanboys to come in and make that higher  ^-^ "
    No, any normal gamer is completely aware of the fact that the Wii is shitty.
    DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#123  Edited By DJ_Lae

I have a Wii. No drama, just...it's there, sitting on my entertainment center, resting on top of my 360 like a remora. 

I got it used, cheap, and have used it mostly for Virtual Console games and Mario Galaxy. Considering the price I paid for it and the use I've gotten out of it I don't feel ripped off, but at the same time it's failed to draw me in for any huge length of time as many 360 games have done. 

In the Wii's defense, I've probably played it more than my PS3, and I bought the PS3 earlier. 

Finally getting to play Gamecube games in progressive scan and being able to easily play old classics is enough on its own, and if I don't do that very often that's fine - the Wii was cheap and it takes up little space.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @oldschool said:
    I didn't know there were any on here. Only seems to be the Nintendo people who band together.
    tranquilchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#125  Edited By tranquilchaos

The wii is like the little kid fisher price version of a console. Cute and irrelevant.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#126  Edited By Jimbo

I feel like it isn't meant for me.  Nintendo knew they could not afford to compete for the existing market, so they went and found a different market to cater to.  That decision paid off big time, so respect to Nintendo for that - but I'm still not their market.  It's not like the Wii is misunderstood by traditional 'gamers' -  I know exactly what it has to offer, I just don't care - it's just that Nintendo actively went after traditional non-gamers, so that is largely who ended up buying their console and that is who Nintendo now caters to.

All of the best looking (to me) games on the Wii, all look like they could have been done just as well on any of the last gen platforms, using traditional control schemes.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Willy105

I guess it's like the differences between PC gamers and the NES back in the 80's.

Sure, everybody loved the NES, but not the hardcore gamers of the time. As a hardcore gamer, would you settle for a casual platformer that uses only two buttons and a D-Pad, with a cartridge that only fit about a couple dozen kilobytes, or a full blown pen and paper RPG with high resolution sprite work, that spawned dozens of 1 megabyte diskettes, with mountains of depth (for the time)?

You just have to take the first step....

Joker_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Joker_777

My wii sits in the shadow of the xbox 360. Its pathetic pile of games sitting idly next to it, collecting dust. I feel ashamed to look at it nowadays after the excitement of bowling, tennis and golf when I first grasped a wii remote. I am sorry Nintendo Wii, truly sorry.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Godwind
    @Emandudeguyperson said:
    " @oldschool said:
    No, any normal gamer is completely aware of the fact that the Wii is shitty. "
    No, the Normal gamer is only as informed as the shit that he or she guzzles down without hesitation.  The informed gamer takes time to look for the right game.  Only the ignorant realize that We Cheer and Game Party is only available on the Wii.  A fair amount of us take the time look for information to find the right purchases for ourselves as consumers.  We call them reviews.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @Willy105 said:
    " I guess it's like the differences between PC gamers and the NES back in the 80's.  Sure, everybody loved the NES, but not the hardcore gamers of the time. As a hardcore gamer, would you settle for a casual platformer that uses only two buttons and a D-Pad, with a cartridge that only fit about a couple dozen kilobytes, or a full blown pen and paper RPG with high resolution sprite work, that spawned dozens of 1 megabyte diskettes, with mountains of depth (for the time)?   You just have to take the first step.... "
    Ludmilla Drago said it best: 'You have this belief... ...that you are so very good and we are so very bad.'
    Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Kohe321

I wish there were more games that I would be interested in on it so I could use it more... It doesn't get nearly as much use as my Ps3/xbox360.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Diamond
    @Willy105 said:
    I guess it's like the differences between PC gamers and the NES back in the 80's.  Sure, everybody loved the NES, but not the hardcore gamers of the time. As a hardcore gamer, would you settle for a casual platformer that uses only two buttons and a D-Pad, with a cartridge that only fit about a couple dozen kilobytes, or a full blown pen and paper RPG with high resolution sprite work, that spawned dozens of 1 megabyte diskettes, with mountains of depth (for the time)?   You just have to take the first step....
    I don't think that comparison is completely apt.  If a 'hardcore' gamer told me he never owned a NES I'd laugh at him.  NES was closer to having hardcore games than Wii is today, for the most part, too.  Still, I have a Wii.
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Willy105
    @Diamond said:
    " @Willy105 said:
    I guess it's like the differences between PC gamers and the NES back in the 80's.  Sure, everybody loved the NES, but not the hardcore gamers of the time. As a hardcore gamer, would you settle for a casual platformer that uses only two buttons and a D-Pad, with a cartridge that only fit about a couple dozen kilobytes, or a full blown pen and paper RPG with high resolution sprite work, that spawned dozens of 1 megabyte diskettes, with mountains of depth (for the time)?   You just have to take the first step....
    I don't think that comparison is completely apt.  If a 'hardcore' gamer told me he never owned a NES I'd laugh at him.  NES was closer to having hardcore games than Wii is today, for the most part, too.  Still, I have a Wii. "
    Most 'hardcore' gamers today never owned a NES either. That was a long time ago.
    Bigbombomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#134  Edited By Bigbombomb

I have a Wii. 

But almost rarely played.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Diamond
    @Willy105 said:
    Most 'hardcore' gamers today never owned a NES either. That was a long time ago.
    Yea I'm not making a distinction based on age.  If you were a gamer when NES was an option and you didn't buy it, I mean.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By oldschool
    @Godwind said:
    " @oldschool said:
    No, the Normal gamer is only as informed as the shit that he or she guzzles down without hesitation.  The informed gamer takes time to look for the right game.  Only the ignorant realize that We Cheer and Game Party is only available on the Wii.  A fair amount of us take the time look for information to find the right purchases for ourselves as consumers.  We call them reviews. "
    A normal gamer plays the best from any console, no matter what it is (assuming they can afford it).  The bulk of the rest are just dickheads and most of them congregate on the internet  ^_^ 

Us normal gamers just pity those dickheads, as they are too ignorant and self aware to peer pressure or the desire to be cool, to have a clue.
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#137  Edited By Milkman

Who's the dumbass that bumped this shit?

Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldschool said:

" @Godwind said:

" @oldschool said:
    No, the Normal gamer is only as informed as the shit that he or she guzzles down without hesitation.  The informed gamer takes time to look for the right game.  Only the ignorant realize that We Cheer and Game Party is only available on the Wii.  A fair amount of us take the time look for information to find the right purchases for ourselves as consumers.  We call them reviews. "
    A normal gamer plays the best from any console, no matter what it is (assuming they can afford it).  The bulk of the rest are just dickheads and most of them congregate on the internet  ^_^  Us normal gamers just pity those dickheads, as they are too ignorant and self aware to peer pressure or the desire to be cool, to have a clue. "
    You are both HUGE ELITIST CUNTS, you should be ashamed of your fucking selves.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By oldschool
    @Emandudeguyperson said:
    " @oldschool said:

" @Godwind said:

" @oldschool said:
    A normal gamer plays the best from any console, no matter what it is (assuming they can afford it).  The bulk of the rest are just dickheads and most of them congregate on the internet  ^_^  Us normal gamers just pity those dickheads, as they are too ignorant and self aware to peer pressure or the desire to be cool, to have a clue. "
    You are both HUGE ELITIST CUNTS, you should be ashamed of your fucking selves. "
    Oh, so those of us who don't rag on other consoles, but enjoy as many as possible are elitist?  As predictable as it is immature.  You are what is wrong with the internet, and in a way, that is both sad and funny.  Have a nice life, as I won't be home for 3 days (business trip), and by that time, this thread will be dead again, but not before more stupid posts like yours are made I am guessing.
    Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#140  Edited By captain_clayman

i really want to like it but the games just aren't there.  i just don't like waggle, and people aren't putting any effort into making the games look good at all. 

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#141  Edited By Whisperkill

...lol the wii...
    Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haha 19% vote A now! 

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#143  Edited By Claude
    @Emandudeguyperson said:
    " Haha 19% vote A now!  "

Don't be a dick or I will eat you.
     Don't be a dick or I will eat you.
    CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#144  Edited By CoolDrMoney

Apparently I voted "2: I have a Wii and I still enjoy playing it" back when this poll was relevant 9 months ago. I don't actually own a Wii, but I guess I just wanted to counteract the usual hate.  

I actually fall in line with "6: I don't have a Wii but...". There are a fair amount of games I'd like to check out, and two I must play (Super Mario Galaxy and New Super Mario Bros Wii), but still not enough interest in the game library to purchase one.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#145  Edited By AgentJ
    @Emandudeguyperson: Are you trying to be a new Thiago?
    Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#146  Edited By Claude
    @AgentJ said:
    " @Emandudeguyperson: Are you trying to be a new Thiago? "
    This user brought my poll back from the dead. It was my first poll, a trial poll if you will. I think he's having some fun with the notoriety, but don't all trolls and flamers live like that on the internet. My hope is that people will not troll or flame in threads they have no interest in. State your opinion and move on. The best opinion is ignored in threads and if you choose to discuss, do so in a civil manner. This young mind has a lot to learn. 
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Willy105
    @Diamond said:
    " @Willy105 said:
    Yea I'm not making a distinction based on age.  If you were a gamer when NES was an option and you didn't buy it, I mean. "
    Well, there weren't that many gamers back then, the ones that were left after the video game crash were the PC gamers. 

Unlike now, there are a lot more gamers than back then, and they can voice their opinion en masse (on specific corners of the internet, like game sites, etc.), unlike back then, which was mostly relegated to the early print magazines. Funny too, because Nintendo Power came out as one of the first game magazines and it became very popular because of it's casual (by 1980's standards) appeal.

Nintendo (and the game industry) is acting in the same way as the 80's, except both sides are now multiple times bigger. It will probably happen again in the future, since Nintendo will most likely be here for a while to come. What's another 100 years to them?
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Diamond
    @Willy105 said:
    Well, there weren't that many gamers back then, the ones that were left after the video game crash were the PC gamers. 

Unlike now, there are a lot more gamers than back then, and they can voice their opinion en masse (on specific corners of the internet, like game sites, etc.), unlike back then, which was mostly relegated to the early print magazines. Funny too, because Nintendo Power came out as one of the first game magazines and it became very popular because of it's casual (by 1980's standards) appeal.

Nintendo (and the game industry) is acting in the same way as the 80's, except both sides are now multiple times bigger. It will probably happen again in the future, since Nintendo will most likely be here for a while to come. What's another 100 years to them? "
    True to an extent.  IMB PC gaming wasn't really a whole lot to write home about at that point, but if you're counting Amiga, Z Spectrum, and all the other computers I agree, my first 'game device' was a TI994a (a computer).  NES basically created a whole new generation of gamers, and as far as it goes it was pretty hardcore.  Elite got ported to NES, you had some of the old school RPGs (not the best versions), but overall there were a ton of excellent games. 

I just wouldn't ever call those early Nintendo consoles casual in any way.  By the time (IBM) PC gaming really did kick off it was extremely hardcore by today's standards (tons of flight sims, extremely complicated RPGs), and Nintendo was also more hardcore than they are now.  Just the general gaming industry was hardcore.

Nintendo is doing what they always did in creating a lot of 'entry' systems into gaming.  Introducing new gamers to games.  Only now everything is far more casual than it used to be.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Godwind
    @Emandudeguyperson said:
    " @oldschool said:

" @Godwind said:

" @oldschool said:
    You are both HUGE ELITIST CUNTS, you should be ashamed of your fucking selves. "

I refuse to be known as a Huge Elitist Cunt.  That is a sham and a lie.  I am a Huge Elitist Tit. 

DRooPZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By DRooPZ

it's kinda lame

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.