Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Sega said Nintendo can profit on $80 per a Wii?

• 60 results
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By MikkaQ

Just don't pack in a game with the wii to force people to buy SOMETHING.  

And then yeah charge 100, I really can't believe I payed 270 for a Wii, that was a terrible idea.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52  Edited By dbz1995
    @kermoosh said:
    " @AgentJ: thanks for the info dude "
    You should be...just be lucky oldschool didn't come to cap some bbs into yo ass.

Oh wait. 

@oldschool: Damn son, there be a lotta games.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#53  Edited By oldschool
    @PureRok said:

" @oldschool said:

" @AgentJ said:

" @Relys said:

" @AgentJ said:
    " @Relys: And at least two thirds, if not all of your assessment was strictly opinion. So what?  Also, honestly. Unless you are going to add something to the conversation with it, don't quote the whole damn list. They only need to be up once. "
    The critics speak otherwise. "
    Does someone else want to take this? Oldschool, you have that chart that shows that the Wii has more games with an average score of 80 or higher than the other two home consoles right? Well, I suppose this guy can go check for himself. Besides, a Critic's entire job is to give his opinion. "
    It doesn't matter.  It is like showing proof to a Christian that Jesus doesn't exist.  They would still believe what they want. "
    TvTropes has a article about this: 

For whatever reason, video gamers tend to, on the whole, place more stock in professional reviews of works than fans of any other medium. Only arguably second to news, reviews of the newest games are the main attraction of most gaming sites and magazines. In fact, review scores are just as likely to be used as personal opinions in Console Wars debates or to argue which of the newest Killer Apps is the best.

This is why Eight Point Eight situations occur with such startling regularity. Of course, while there's nothing wrong in placing some stock in the opinions of others, review scores shouldn't be regarded as authoritative, simply because reviewers are, like everyone else, human beings with their own personal tastes and preferences. Not to mention that reviewers are not exactly always trustworthy... 

"
    I love this bit:  
    •  The notorious game reviewer Jeff Gerstmann (who was responsible for the Eight Point Eight trope) is widely assumed to have been fired by Gamespot for panning Kane & Lynch (a game heavily advertised on the site) with a 6.0. However, the site says he was fired for personal reasons, and considering how often he trashed other games andhis bad personality, that might well be the truth.   

Reviews are simply a guide and a point of interest.  I have liked games scored in the low 60s much more than those in the 90s as personal taste is an odd thing.  It is interesting that many times, people who use bad scores on much of the Wii shovelware, will be the ones to tell you scores don't matter in another thread.  In the end, arguing over it is like fucking for virginity, still fun, but without purpose.  Ignorant comments from all sides on the internet will go on forever.
    ColinRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By ColinRyan
    @oldschool said:
    " @AgentJ said:
    " @Relys said:
    " @AgentJ said:
    " @Relys: And at least two thirds, if not all of your assessment was strictly opinion. So what?  Also, honestly. Unless you are going to add something to the conversation with it, don't quote the whole damn list. They only need to be up once. "
    Does someone else want to take this? Oldschool, you have that chart that shows that the Wii has more games with an average score of 80 or higher than the other two home consoles right? Well, I suppose this guy can go check for himself. Besides, a Critic's entire job is to give his opinion. "
    It doesn't matter.  It is like showing proof to a Christian that Jesus doesn't exist.  They would still believe what they want. "
    Just thought I'd point out that Jesus did exist. The more you know and all.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By ryanwho
    @Emandudeguyperson said:
    " AWWWW SNAP! It takes less then $100 to produce a Wii? I fucking knew it! I'm telling everybody I know so I can drastically reduce Wii sales! "
    Wow what a great plan. You've got your shit together. Go ahead and tell your parents and siblings and nobody else.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By oldschool
    @ryanwho said:
    " @Emandudeguyperson said:
    " AWWWW SNAP! It takes less then $100 to produce a Wii? I fucking knew it! I'm telling everybody I know so I can drastically reduce Wii sales! "
    Wow what a great plan. You've got your shit together. Go ahead and tell your parents and siblings and nobody else. "
    You can just see that everyone who knows him is soooo interested in what he has to say and how Nintendo are shaking in their boots about the potential damage he may wreak  ^-^ 

@ColinRyan said:
    " @oldschool said:
    " @AgentJ said:
    " @Relys said:
    " @AgentJ said:
    Just thought I'd point out that Jesus did exist. The more you know and all. "
    Possibly a man called Jesus did exist.  Who knows.  However, as the son of an imaginary character?  Don't worry, it was just an example and doesn't really mean anything, but serves as an example of entrenched belief without proof.
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By keyhunter

God damnit the Wii makes me sick. Nintendo makes me sick. Ignorant fools who buy this shit make me sick. I make myself sick for getting tricked into buying one knowing how much it would suck. (I gave it away to my  4 year old nephew though. He only plays Wii Sports.) 
    And I make myself even more sick for wanting to purchase another one so I can buy all those shitty little pokemon Wii Wares and continue playing pokemon battle revolution.  

ColinRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ColinRyan

@oldschool:  Sorry I thought you thought that he was completely imaginary. I agree with your points though.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#59  Edited By demontium

Sega... shutup.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By oldschool
    @keyhunter said:
    " God damnit the Wii makes me sick. Nintendo makes me sick. Ignorant fools who buy this shit make me sick. I make myself sick for getting tricked into buying one knowing how much it would suck. (I gave it away to my  4 year old nephew though. He only plays Wii Sports.) 

And I make myself even more sick for wanting to purchase another one so I can buy all those shitty little pokemon Wii Wares and continue playing pokemon battle revolution.   "

Now, doesn't it feel good to get that out of your system.  We are here to help you man.  Any of us are willing to be your sponsor.  It's all about the love man  ^-^

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.