Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

My return to WOTLK classic has been fraught with nothing but chaos

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Hi all,

Recently, I wanted to go back to playing WoW. I needed a chill, relaxing game to play at night and after work on the weekends, and WoW is familiar as anything.

I bought a sub, downloaded the game, and got into it. I started a N.Elf Hunter and was kinda enjoying it. Then I thought to myself:

"Wait a minute, I started playing WoW Classic a few years ago, surely I have some characters that already exist", but when I looked, I had nothing there.

I sent a ticket to a GM in the random hope that I MIGHT have something. 2 days later, I get a reply saying I DID have some characters.

He restored them, and it turns out I had....a N.Elf Hunter. Exact same spec as my new one, exact same professions, but 10 levels higher. Even the character creator- I made them the SPITTING IMAGE, except the hair was a diff colour.

So all that time I spent levelling up the new char was basically wasted.

But wait, it gets even better:

It turns out I had a paladin restored aswell, that was already level 50. As someone that didn't really want to go through Vanilla content for the hundredth time, that was amazing. I restored him, did a look for a levelling guide, all that good stuff, and planned to "main him" going forward.

I wondered, after a while, why I wasn't getting any groups however, or why the LFG chat was so quiet...

Turns out the realm that the GM restore my characters onto?

10,000 Horde vs 300 Alliance. I was Alliance.

I just said "Fuck this" and bought a faction transfer.

I suspect I'll come back to this thread next week to say I got retroactively banned for buying gold back in 2004, but watch this space!

Mechanized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Always gotta check the realm pop and faction split before making a character. A lesson we all learn too late.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.