Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

So I just renewed my WoW subscription...

Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zithe

And man, a lot has changed. Like many, I just decided to hop back in to finish any outstanding business I have in the "old" Azeroth before the expansion hits. I plan to continue playing afterwards, though. 

I still have a handful of upper level characters on Hellscream (US), but I've recently been longing to get back into a PvP server for old times' sake. Is anyone else starting fresh or interested in creating a new character? Also, is there a guild anywhere with multiple Giant Bomb forum members? I would like to join a community guild (or maybe even start one) if possible.

Mars_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Mars_Cleric

I stopped playing just after the first expansion hit and every so often I think of going back to it 
    but then I realise I'm so far out of it now I could never go back
    Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Zithe
    @Mars_Cleric:  That's what is so brilliant/manipulative about the newest expansion. It's the best time to start fresh. So much about the leveling process is being improved. Rogues can even heal themselves now (minorly)!
    Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jack268
    @Zithe said:
     (minorly)! "
    It's not really minor either, it's like 60% over 30 seconds or so. Maybe not the fastest heal but very powerful nonetheless. 
    Mars_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mars_Cleric
    @Zithe:
    well whenever I play a medieval game I'm always a warrior and they never play very well. Either that or I just suck :) 
    if I have to go buy all these new expansions though I don't think I can be bothered to get back in
    Rokkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Rokkaku
    @Zithe said:
    " @Mars_Cleric:  That's what is so brilliant/manipulative about the newest expansion. It's the best time to start fresh. So much about the leveling process is being improved. Rogues can even heal themselves now (minorly)! "

How so?
    Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Zithe
    @Mars_Cleric:  Yeah, I can understand not wanting to buy multiple expansions at once. As for playing a warrior, that's why I wanted to find someone to level with. I usually gravitate towards healers, so having buddies for dungeons and quests is awesome.
    Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zithe
    @Rokkaku:  I assume you are asking how the leveling process is being improved? Hmm, where to start. Most of the zones in the old world (level ranges 1-60) are being redone with new quests that can take advantage of the newer technologies they've been rolling out over the years. Not only that, but they've jumbled around when characters get a lot of their skills and added in more convenient ones (like the Rogue's new healing finisher). The talent trees have also totally been redone. The talent trees are now smaller, but include more powerful and fun benefits. I'm sure there's a lot more, just look up information about the Cataclysm expansion from any gaming news source.
    Mars_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mars_Cleric
    @Zithe:
    unfortunately my mates got into it just as I was losing interest so I didn't have many people to play with
    Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zithe

Gonna bump this thread with the hopes that someone new is watching. I guess I choose some pretty terrible times to post, eh?

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By rjayb89

I went back to it recently as well, but that was all for naught since I picked up New Vegas and haven't touched this since. 

The changes were overwhelming at first, it was as if they found every good add-on out there and put it in the base game.  I may have left bad impressions of it when I was offered a free week of play-time sometime after Wrath of the Lich King released, but I understand how daunting the game may seem to outsiders, especially with as large a player base the game has, so they essentially made it much easier to get into, which was great for me when I felt like I had no idea what to do with my level 76 warlock.

oatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By oatz

Have fun. It's an amazing game.

Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Zithe
    @rjayb89:  Well if you have any plans to come back after you finish F:NV, send me a PM or something. I would like to maybe get a group of 4 or 5 together if I can find that many interested people.
    Ragdrazi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ragdrazi

This thread's title makes me sad.

wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By wunder_
    @Zithe: Good for you! :) I'm still raiding weekly but other than logging on two nights a week, I've pretty much devoted my time to Starcraft II and am just waiting for Cataclysm. :3
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#17  Edited By rjayb89

Oh man, if I ever actively use my account again after "finishing" New Vegas, it has to be when Cataclysm hits. If I'm going to hit this game hard, I will have to uninstall New Vegas. And if what gakon said is true, I'll probably roll a new one in that server when the expansion hits.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.