Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Cheating Galore?

saltguy258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By saltguy258

now stop me if this isnt a good spot to put this.  
    but my friend(ish) plays xbox all day every day now, and he is great at the game he plays, but now he feels the need to cheat?it started with a how-to make modded controller (from youtube)  

THEN he got a controller that he bought from the internet that shoots fast and has fast reload. and while me and him were playing a game, some random message is sent to me and him, and apparently, some other people to boost. he went along and boosted, trying to convince me to come, i said no dude, i aint gettin banned! so he left to play. apparently, he doesnt know boosting isnt allowed because he said it doesnt get you banned, retard! this was yesterday, and today hes STILL doing it, but with his friends 

WHEN DOES THIS LITTLE TURD (lol) GET BANNED???  

i honestly dont like him much, im just stuck with him sometimes.  

if you were wondering, the game is call of duty: world at war 

again, just stop me and say if i did something wrong with posting this

Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Jambones

It'd probably be a bit more complicated if he was a closer friend, but from the sounds of it you guys are not close at all. If it were me, I'd just send him a note explaining why and then drop him from my friends list. He'll get himself banned eventually.

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By CowMuffins

1) Type like you aren't 9.
    2) Boosting doesn't get you banned.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Akeldama

JoeyIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JoeyIA

Yeah, boosting doesn't get you banned unless you're using an exploit to do it, like letting a friend kill you 200 times is ok but using a glitch to get instant achievements/rank isn't. 
    Using moded controllers doesn't get you banned either, there are lots of legit controllers that have turbo function.  It has to be a software mod or a mod to the console. 
     If you wanna get him banned just get lots of people to file complaints against him.  A few of my friends have used a similar trick to get free name changes.  They just went into CoD4 and asked everyone to file complaints about their gamertags, usually withing 48 hours they'll get a message saying they need to change their gamertag.
    iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By iam3green

i don't think ur friend will get banned. it seems like all he is doing is letting his friends kill each other a lot of times. well, that can't get u banned unless he is using some kind of exploit.

saltguy258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By saltguy258

meh, well i guess, but i thought that boosting gets you in trouble, but you are forgetting the modded controller and i forgot to mention his GT which was already reported(then he added another z) it is dshizznit (or, the shit incase you dont know) not including the numbers... but why i want to see him banned, is because he just is so annoying with that xbox all day, deleting him wont do good, because i know him in real life and i see him every weekend. he's my dads girlfriends kid

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_A_Drain

Boosting itself is not against the TOS, that is, boosting to grind out achievements. 

However, several things commonly associated with boosting are against the TOS such as manipulating ranked matchmaking in order to boost, glitching, cheating, etc. Not all boosting (in fact most do not) make use of these tactics. This is why a lot of people think boosting will get you banned because popular games like Halo 3, require fixing the matchmaking system (via changing languages, or outright cheating etc) in order to get a bunch of people together in a ranked game who would not have been put together via the normal matchmaking channels. 

Even that however, won't normally get you banned unless you are a repeat offender and are reported several times. Same with exploits, if you keep them quiet and use them with other boosters simply to get achievements, provided you don't get 10,000 kills in 30 seconds or something insanely noticable like that, you probably won't get banned or even suspended. Provided you aren't using them against other people in regular games, there is little chance you will be found out and banned. 

That said, on principle I don't condone glitching of any sort unless it's so common that it is known to happen by accident a LOT. It's fair game then, but only for the purposes of grinding out achievements imo. But yeah, there's nothing wrong with boosting, if there was everybody with 1000 in Prey of Splinter Cell: Double Agent would be banned, boosting is the only way to get those as the online is dead. Same for a multitude of other games. 

Edit: 

Although if his tag is "dshizznit" he's going to get banned eventually anyway. Just for the name.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Diamond

I just looked up about those controllers online.  If the guy spent $180 to get a modded controller that can do what anyone can do manually, just to get a slight edge in a single videogame, I say you should pity him.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.