Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Does it cost money to make a second Xbox Live gold account?

K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By K0rN

I want to join bombing runs with other people but at the same time I want to keep my main account private. I would like to create a second social account for things like bombing runs. Does anyone here know if you can create a second XBL gold without having to pay money for that one?
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax
    @K0rN said:
    " I want to join bombing runs with other people but at the same time I want to keep my main account private. I would like to create a second social account for things like bombing runs. Does anyone here know if you can create a second XBL gold without having to pay money for that one? "
    When you create a new account you are automatically entitled for 1 month Gold Subscription free of charge. So you won't have to pay for a second one (at least for the first month)
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Emilio

You can make as many gamertags as you wish. 
    BUT, if you want Xbox Live service for any of them, you have to get additional Live subscriptions for them. 

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
    deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

@natetodamax said:
    " @K0rN said:
    " I want to join bombing runs with other people but at the same time I want to keep my main account private. I would like to create a second social account for things like bombing runs. Does anyone here know if you can create a second XBL gold without having to pay money for that one? "
    When you create a new account you are automatically entitled for 1 month Gold Subscription free of charge. So you won't have to pay for a second one (at least for the first month) "

What's to stop someone from making a new account every month?
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Bellum said:

" @natetodamax said:

" @K0rN said:
    When you create a new account you are automatically entitled for 1 month Gold Subscription free of charge. So you won't have to pay for a second one (at least for the first month) "
     What's to stop someone from making a new account every month? "
    You can only do it 3 times max.  Then the 1 month Gold bonus doesn't work for new accounts any longer and they just start with Silver.

I should know; I've done it.
    K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By K0rN

Well that sucks that I have to pay more money for more accounts when I am already paying a subscription.
    Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
    deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@FluxWaveZ said:
    " @Bellum said:

" @natetodamax said:

" @K0rN said:
     What's to stop someone from making a new account every month? "
    You can only do it 3 times max.  Then the 1 month Gold bonus doesn't work for new accounts any longer and they just start with Silver.  I should know; I've done it. "

Well damn.
    Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Rayfield
    @K0rN said:
    "Well that sucks that I have to pay more money for more accounts when I am already paying a subscription. "

Dude if you didn't have to pay, every racist, homophobic asshole on Xbox Live would have hundreds of accounts and the whole multiplayer concept would be rendered unusable.
    Avatar image for suicidal_sniper
    Suicidal_SNiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Suicidal_SNiper
    @Rayfield said:
    " @K0rN said:
    "Well that sucks that I have to pay more money for more accounts when I am already paying a subscription. "
    Dude if you didn't have to pay, every racist, homophobic asshole on Xbox Live would have hundreds of accounts and the whole multiplayer concept would be rendered unusable. "
    What stops this from happening on the Playstation Network?
    Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Rayfield
    @Suicidal_SNiper said:
    " @Rayfield said:
    " @K0rN said:
    Dude if you didn't have to pay, every racist, homophobic asshole on Xbox Live would have hundreds of accounts and the whole multiplayer concept would be rendered unusable. "
    What stops this from happening on the Playstation Network? "

Hmm, touche.
    Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mmmslash
    @Suicidal_SNiper:  Next to no one has a mic.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By MikkaQ
    @Suicidal_SNiper said:
    " @Rayfield said:
    " @K0rN said:
    What stops this from happening on the Playstation Network? "

They don't have headsets. 

Boom. 

(Note: I am not part of this problem, I -got- mine)
    Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@Suicidal_SNiper: Headsets aren't standard. 

My time in HOME (before public voice chat was removed) was far worse than anything I ever experienced on Live the past 7+ years.
    Sinatra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sinatra

You can have unlimited Gold Accounts as long as you pay for them all. 

Avatar image for deactivated-59e904df78d8f
    deactivated-59e904df78d8f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Vito_Raliffe: 

Ahhhhh, HOME! Me and a friend got a bit drunk one night at a sleepover and spent hours on there giggling. We made a tally: within two hours we'd been asked out 29 times. And that was BEFORE we put the avatar in a skirt. =]

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.