Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

I have a feeling MS has a big E3 announcement

• 56 results
    Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Wolverine

I've always tried to watch the Microsoft E3 Press Conference live, but it hasn't always been so easy. You'd have to watch a live stream online and it would always be a little janky. Over the past few weeks I have gotten so many emails about how I can watch the press conference live, commercial free, on Spike. Major Nelson keeps tweeting about it also. I just feel a significant announcement is coming. Does anyone else feel this way? What do you guys think it could be? 

I doubt it's Xbox 720 because Kinect just came out, but all signs point to the contrary. 

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

I see it too. 

First Kojima goes full blown 360, then he shows the next-gen engine on 360, and now for the real surprises on Monday.

Zabant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Zabant

I bet you a billion brad bucks you're wrong

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#4  Edited By alistercat

I bet they will make a big deal about Konami's HD collections coming to the platform.  As for surprises, I want it to remain a surprise.

InsidiousTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By InsidiousTuna
    @Wolverine: Spike (and, by extension, Gametrailers) did the live broadcast for all five major press conferences last year. MS, Sony, Nintendo, EA, and Ubisoft. Those will all continue to be broadcast year after year. And Major Nelson does nothing but tweet about things. I do expect something big out of Microsoft, but the main reason is because Pachter went up to Redmond last week and said afterward "Microsoft's going to have a very good E3". Dude has seen whatever shit they're about to show off. I don't expect a new console, and I don't think the cable broadcast is a particularly strong indicator that they've got something special planned. E3 is just plain old big now. 
    JokerFrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JokerFrown

Microsoft exclusive!  Duke Nukem Forever Multiplayer maps exclusive to X-Box live for the first week of their release!!!!!

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By foggel

Nah, they just want to create hype around the games they will announce at E3.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TwoOneFive

your name is green hence the eager excitement for what will essentially just be a show full of kinect announcements. 

JokerFrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JokerFrown

Microsoft Major Announcement #2!!!  XBox Live is the MOST secure online environment for you online console needs!!!

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By N7
    @foggel: Which is pretty much everyone does anyway.

That's what E3 is about.
    benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By benpicko
    @JokerFrown said:
    Microsoft Major Announcement #2!!!  XBox Live is the MOST secure online environment for you online console needs!!!
    foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By foggel
    @N7 said:
    @foggel: Which is pretty much everyone does anyway.  That's what E3 is about.
    I'll rephrase to that they want to make sure as many people as possible see it.
    Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Subjugation

As much as I'd love for them to announce their next console, I'm 99.9% sure that they won't. I think they are going to wait and see how things play out for Nintendo and possibly Sony if they announce before Microsoft; testing the water so to speak.

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By face15

I hope they have something big. I love surprises.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
    deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly don't think they'll have anything mind blowing. However, anything "big" they might possibly have, is probably a last-minute thing they cobbled together to so they can take away at least a little attention off Nintendo and Sony. 

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By McShank
    @benpicko: And then Microsoft would be hacked and Live would be down for over a month. I'm calling it first here!
    *Nintendo would stay silent about online as they will be the only company not hacked yet :D*
    AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By AuthenticM

The only "next-gen" console we'll see this year is Nintendo's. Considering it's as powerful as a PS3, I'm abstaining from calling it "next-gen". The PS4 and the next Xbox will be true next-gen consoles.

Zabant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Zabant

Look at how the internet works these days. Do you really think we wouldn't already know about a Next box when the NGP, Cafe, 3DS PSPGO and the 360 slim were all figured out before their companies wanted to show them?

They cant even keep their games a surprise (MW3) let alone a whole console. There's a lot of people involved in that chain and all it takes is one guy, be it factory line worker or middle manager to want to make some money/recognition and everybody knows about it before its official announcement. 

There has been ZERO buzz about a new xbox at this years E3.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SomeJerk

The announcements they have planned are big for them.

Hope you like Kinect.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By KaosAngel
    @CandiBunni said:
    @AuthenticM said:
    The only "next-gen" console we'll see this year is Nintendo's. Considering it's as powerful as a PS3, I'm abstaining from calling it "next-gen". The PS4 and the next Xbox will be true next-gen consoles.
    And where did you hear it's as powerful as a PS3? 
    Well if it's not as strong as the PS3 it's safe to say that Nintendo is fucking more retarded than the Bush Administration.
    mastrbiggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mastrbiggy
    @JokerFrown said:
    Microsoft exclusive!  Duke Nukem Forever Multiplayer maps exclusive to X-Box live for the first week of their release!!!!!
    BWAHAHAHHAHAHA
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By KaosAngel
    @CandiBunni said:
    Well I'd think we should just hold off on rumors, and just wait till they show something at E3.
    It's common sense.  The PS3 is 5 year old tech, and the best thing going for it is the 7 core CPU in which the vast majority of PC users don't even have half that.  The RSX is a really bad video card by today's standard, RAM is dirt cheap, and so is flash space.   

It's safe to say that video card and RAM will be better, and at worst it'll have a 2 core CPU.  Even then, the video card alone can do more as even a 9800 GT with a Core-2-Duo can run games at higher quality than a PS3.
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By Branthog
    @CandiBunni said:
    @AuthenticM said:
    And where did you hear it's as powerful as a PS3? 

Well, if you look at the rumored specs of the Wii2, it's pretty easy to draw a rough comparison to other devices. It looks like it's probably going to be about on-par with the other consoles. Maybe slightly better, but slightly better than five or six year old consoles hardly makes it "next gen". More like "the last console of the current gen" than "the first console of the next gen". Then again, I don't really care, because I don't really feel compelled to play super high-def children's games, party games, and shovel-ware.

I'd rather see Nintendo invest the time and money in preparing for the next generation so that when everything else rolls out (in several years, I guess . . . *sigh*), Nintendo might have something insane to show everyone and claim dominance again (in both sales and general awesomeness). Unless they just want to continue to be a console for girlfriends, grandmothers, and toddlers (which seems to be their primary interest, with the occasional fan-service of yet another Mario or Zelda game).

As for any amazing announcements to blow people's minds this year? I don't think we're going to see anything from anyone. I'll be surprised if there's even anything at E3 that we aren't already at least somewhat aware of. Certainly not from Microsoft who continues to sell a ridiculous number of systems, even this late in the game. There's no need for them to do anything but continue riding the wave as long as possible. The painfully aging capabilities of the systems, the limited storage media, the cumbersome dashboard that drops you right into advertisements rather than your game. None of it seems to matter. Sales just keep coming.

That said, I totally reserve the right to have my mind blown and hope it *does* happen. New hardware and tech and more power and pretty things and all the possibilities they suggest make me fucking giddy.
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By Enigma777

And I feel like they won't have diddly squat. Probably more Kinect BS and some Gears 3 and Forza 4. Maybe some exclusive DLC crap as well. 

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Cramsy

I think;  

A giant Halo font '4' Flashes at the end. WITHOUT the Xbox 360 logo and closes with a big  'Coming 2013'. 

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MariachiMacabre
    @Enigma777 said:
    And I feel like they won't have diddly squat. Probably more Kinect BS and some Gears 3 and Forza 4. Maybe some exclusive DLC crap as well. 
    This is what I've been betting these last few weeks with my brother. He thinks new console (possibly handheld, though I HIGHLY doubt that), I think either Kinect games or some sort of new addition to Kinect to make surfing Netflix ALMOST AS EASY AS USING A CONTROLLER!! (Because, let's be honest, there are no games coming out.)
    Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By Lunar_Aura

MS has no face since J Mallard left and all their remaining puppeteers look like complete dopey shills. The product better be good because the presenters are going to be total shit.

joshy9411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By joshy9411
    @somejerk said:
    The announcements they have planned are big for them.  Hope you like Kinect.
    i dont.
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DystopiaX
    @MariachiMacabre said:
    @Enigma777 said:
    This is what I've been betting these last few weeks with my brother. He thinks new console (possibly handheld, though I HIGHLY doubt that), I think either Kinect games or some sort of new addition to Kinect to make surfing Netflix ALMOST AS EASY AS USING A CONTROLLER!! (Because, let's be honest, there are no games coming out.)
    Your brother is retarded. No way in hell a console's coming out, no way they'll make a handheld, especially now that all of them are failing (and it competes with their tablet/smartphones business). They can't abandon Kinect since they have a large install base and already initiated a huge marketing campaign. It'll be a lot of Kinect and possibly some unexpected sequels/cool shit (Rare game we care about, new Halo, etc.)
    Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lunar_Aura

But what about those of us that didn't buy and will never buy a Kientect?

Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By Gerhabio
    @TwoOneFive: I get the feeling most people just put the color for the sake of it. 

I don't think Microsoft will have anything big this year, or at least nothing as big as Sony's NGP and Nintendo's Project Cafe.
    mattbosten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By mattbosten

Viva Piñata: Kinect Edition

Pandasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Pandasaurus

@MattBosten: that alone would make me buy a kinect :')

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Microsoft are likely going to focus on the media aspects of the 360.. Streaming interactive TV, adding stereoscopic 3D to future games and so forth. The other big focus will be on Kinect, apparently with them trying to focus on more of a hardcore audience.. which will be interesting. There are certain games I'd love to see for Kinect, things like Viva Pinata or Black & White would work brilliantly with the set up, and I can definitely see Rare bringing back some of their older franchises now that the 360 has found a more family friendly market.. things like Viva Pinata and Banjo might actually sell well.

For more traditional games, I think we'll be seeing more of the "better with kinect" logo. Forza 4 plays with a standard controller, but you can use kinect for head tracking, which actually does add something to the experience. I think we'll see Mass Effect 3 implementing it for the inventory, the dialogue system and maybe even the hacking minigames and so forth. Rather than making actual hardcore games that don't need a controller, I think we'll just see them utilize kinect to enhance the existing games instead.

We certainly won't see a new system from Microsoft and in terms of big surprises, I'm not sure what to expect. They know people were disappointed last year and they know they're going to be getting the least attention because they don't have a new system to show off like Sony and Nintendo do.. So I'm sure they'll have something big to try and grab the spotlight.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37  Edited By me3639

Integration of games between PC and Xbox 360 console. Also known as transfarring.

VirtuaXav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By VirtuaXav

Whatever Microsoft show off at their conference, they'll try to hype it up as something "big" whether it is or isn't. Major Nelson could be plugging a streaming service just so they get more exposure in general. That's probably because people are hoping for big things out of the Nintendo (Cafe) and Sony (NGP/Vita) camps.

That's not to say they won't have something amazing to show, that's just saying that things would be this way regardless of what content they're showing.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MeierTheRed
    @Enigma777 said:
    Thats what i'm leaning towards also.
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#40  Edited By Yanngc33
    @Zabant make that 2 million.
    They're gonna focus on Kinect and social stuff.
    penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By penguindust

Keeping a brand new console under wraps is near impossible these days.  Think about it.  We knew about the new Nintendo console, the 3DS, the NGP and even the GO before any of them were officially revealed.  If Microsoft gets on stage and says "we're working on a new console" the obvious response is "well, duh!".  It won't be much like the final unit though because no leaks surround the software kits have gotten out suggesting that no other publisher is working on anything for the imagined system.  At best, I believe Microsoft could come out with a new "slimmer" model or one that has Kinect integrated into the single unit.  The biggest reveal I think they are going to have is something like a price drop and maybe, finally, a browser. 

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Vexxan

Hoping for a surprise that doesn't involve Kinect.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By PillClinton
    kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By kishinfoulux

I think they'll try to appeal to the casual with Kinect and hardcore with some other stuff.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#45  Edited By Sooperspy

Valve now loves Microsoft more than Sony, and Half Life 2: Episode 3 will be an Xbox 360 exclusive.

Mikewrestler5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Mikewrestler5

GTA V?!

LoggerRythm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By LoggerRythm

If it's anything like last year's E3, the Microsoft showing will blow.  
    Kinect out the ass and nothing but already known game trailers to subside the boredom, which leads to more boredom. 
    GOD last year sucked. I hope Microsoft isn't planning that same strategy this year too.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By pweidman

Of course it's gonna be Kinect focused.  They are under direction to expand the market.  They'll try a lame appeal to the hardcore, but this will be all about Kinect software for the kiddies and families first.  Multimedia is part B. Halo 4 could be announced, but even MS knows that's no longer big news. I'm preparing for a snoozefest, but we can hope.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#50  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @TwoOneFive said:
    your name is green hence the eager excitement for what will essentially just be a show full of kinect announcements. 
    lol 

ya..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.