Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

I think my faithful release 360 is dying

Potts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Potts

So, I've had this 360 since launch day. It red ringed once, about two years after launch, and I got it fixed by MS.

So now, in the middle of Skyrim, with Mass Effect 3 two weeks out, the thing will freeze, show weird vertical glitches, and make a horrible screech. I've read around, and these seem to be symptoms of an upcoming Red Ring. So, I guess tomorrow I'm going to use this money I had been saving to pay the rent and whatnot to go buy a new Slim. But hey, at least this means I don't have to put off getting a Kinect now.

I think the nicest thing will be the HDMI, to tell you the truth. I'm a bit sick of having to use the old component cables. I just wish it had waited until my tax return came in. Oh well.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike
    @Potts said:

So, I guess tomorrow I'm going to use this money I had been saving to pay the rent and whatnot to go buy a new Slim.

Well, at least you have your priorities straight. 
    Harpell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Harpell

Honestly, I'd be ecstatic if I had a launch 360 that had lasted this long. Gotta be a record or something.

Potts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Potts

@Harpell said:

Honestly, I'd be ecstatic if I had a launch 360 that had lasted this long. Gotta be a record or something.

Yeah, I'm pretty surprised too. I've known it was on it's way out for a while now, so I've been buying multiplatform games on PS3 for the past couple of years. Helps that all my friends have PS3s too. But Bethesda games, the Mass Effect series, and a few others I make it a point to play on 360.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By big_jon

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Also, I had this happen to my old one too.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By ESREVER

My launch 60gb ps3 looks like its finally biting the dust too. Getting aggressive pixel stretching, a sign that the GPU isn't doing well I'm told. I replaced its HDD with a 500 gb last year after being frustrated with having to budget space with every new release. I realize I'm gonna have to replace the console soon, but I don't want to see it go :( Its done so well up until now.

...meanwhile my nes, snes, and n64 still work like a dream.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.