Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

my 360 has E73 error, help?

Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Kane

so I played my xbox a few hours ago and it was fine, i turned it off, went downstairs, went back up to play, and i got an E73 error message with a red flashing light. I googled it but all i got was guides on how to fix it, that you had to buy, so fuck all that, anyone here know what i can do? My xbox has no warrenty anymore so I'll do whatever i need too to it

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

when did you buy your 360?

Novyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Novyx

Correct me if I'm wrong, but E73 is the one they extended the warranty to 3 years for, because they said it's caused by the same hardware problem as the red ring. It sounds the same, at least.

DarkFlow83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By DarkFlow83
    @Novyx said:
    " Correct me if I'm wrong, but E73 is the one they extended the warranty to 3 years for, because they said it's caused by the same hardware problem as the red ring. It sounds the same, at least. "
    that would be the E74 error.    E73: General Hardware Error: Ethernet port... this error is caused by a problem with the Ethernet port. 
    Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kane

I dont even use my ethernet port, whatever i used the towel trick,  i'll sell it to some idiot with a game and controller and get a jasper =)

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By rjayb89
    @Kane: Totally not cool, but hey, whatevs man.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Stang

That is great, fuck over somebody else for no reason. Let me guess, you are no older then 13?

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Th3_James

I have a rrod 360 i got for free, i towel tricked, but sending into ms soon. I could sell it, but thats just bitch

i x-clamped my 360 because it stopped output of video, works perfect now. not my rrod one

crusnchill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By crusnchill

Hey kane! unlucky dude! 

Anyway... Dependimg on which country you live in, go on the MS website and search E74 error. There should be a link to sort it out. And, like I say, depending on which country you live in you might be able to get a free fix for your E74 error, and the great thing is; your extended warranty can be over by this point and it'll still be a free fix. 

I live in the UK so... Hope this helps.  :-) 

(Oh! btw, there policies on this matter may have changed since then because my xbox broke over 10 months ago now and I've had no reason to go and check since I had it back 2 weeks later and didn't have any problems affterwards.)
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NTM

I fixed two 360's by just waiting a while after it was broke and then sat it up vertically, then it worked. Eh, but the 360's break.

Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kane
    @Stang said:
    " That is great, fuck over somebody else for no reason. Let me guess, you are no older then 13? "
    Yup, that's all true, except for being no older than 13. 
    @crusnchill said:
    " Hey kane! unlucky dude!  Anyway... Dependimg on which country you live in, go on the MS website and search E74 error. There should be a link to sort it out. And, like I say, depending on which country you live in you might be able to get a free fix for your E74 error, and the great thing is; your extended warranty can be over by this point and it'll still be a free fix.  I live in the UK so... Hope this helps.  :-)  (Oh! btw, there policies on this matter may have changed since then because my xbox broke over 10 months ago now and I've had no reason to go and check since I had it back 2 weeks later and didn't have any problems affterwards.) "
    Great advice, but I got E73 error, its not covered by the warranty.
    @NTM said:
    " I fixed two 360's by just waiting a while after it was broke and then sat it up vertically, then it worked. Eh, but the 360's break. "
    Yeah I put mine Mine up vertically with a fan blowing on it to try and keep it cool, Idk If it will work but it's worth a shot.
    zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By zombie2011
    @Kane said:
    " I dont even use my ethernet port, whatever i used the towel trick,  i'll sell it to some idiot with a game and controller and get a jasper =) "
    Wow you're a dick if you really do that.
    Pipemould

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pipemould

I'm sure Kane is only going to try and pawn off his broken 360 cos he himself likes buying broken products. Way to go! [/Sarcasm]
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By crunchUK

I had E73, but i have 2 360s, replaced the broken one so i wasn't bothered

Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Kane
    @zombie2011 said:
    " @Kane said:
    " I dont even use my ethernet port, whatever i used the towel trick,  i'll sell it to some idiot with a game and controller and get a jasper =) "
    Wow you're a dick if you really do that. "
    It works fine now so there isen't really a problem.
    PlipO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PlipO
    @Kane said:
    You are  a true degenerate, earlier this year I bought a PS2 with 16 games for £30, I did not test it before I bought it because I thought to myself; if the console does not work at least I will get value for money from the games.  All the games are in mint condition and the console works without issues.  Without testing it, I also bought a GameCube for £30 with seven games, again all the games are in great condition and no problems with the console.  

If I had bought either of those two console from you - I would have gotten screwed over.
    People do buy broken Xbox 360s with the intention of fixing them.  If this or any other errors do happen to your console and you decide to sell it; tell the buyer all the problems.  You are likely to get less money but you will feel like a decent human being.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.