Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360

Platform »

The Xbox 360 is the second game console produced by Microsoft Corporation and is the successor to the original Xbox.

Xbox Mics.

CaptainTryHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CaptainTryHard

I'm really getting fed up with these mics. Somehow, my 4th or 5th mic just broke. It was completely random, why did they change the input design? This shit is... well shit! Just to clear up any questions, it isn't really broken on the outside. When I plug it in, it works for about a second and then disconnects. I believe I broke it by twisting it very slightly. Should I buy another or save up for some expensive piece of equipment.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

get a wireless the wireless headsets are awesome ergonomic, great battery life and good sound quality.
    as for that twisting the mic while its plugged in is a big no no they changed the design for reliability issues and cost affectiveness.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Hmm, I have only had one mic die on me in the span of four and a half years almost. My main one is the one that came with my chatpad, which I prefer since I can use it with my phone and stuff!

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman

Mine are breaking all willy nilly recently too. Why did I just say willy nilly? The world may never know.

On another note...
    @WilliamRLBaker said:

" get a wireless the wireless headsets are awesome ergonomic, great battery life and good sound quality. as for that twisting the mic while its plugged in is a big no no they changed the design for reliability issues and cost affectiveness. "

I heard the wireless ones had some issues like constantly making static noise even when your not talking and bad stuff like that. You've had no problems with it so far? I kinda want to buy one but I had always heard bad things.
    zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By zyn

My Halo 3 Wireless headset still works to this day and I've had no problems.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By xyzygy

I have never had a problem with either of my 2 mics. I bought one from Best Buy just for the heck of it, and it ended up that it sucked ass. It was so blurry and apparently my voice was way too loud on their end. I guess the MS ones are optimized for the 360, because they have the best quality of the ones I used.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Kyreo

The quality is terrible.... I mean the sound they record and send is shit.  There's probably some third party vendors on the Webz somewarez.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Skytylz

mine is still going strong!  About 3 years old, outlasted 2 xboxs.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " Mine are breaking all willy nilly recently too. Why did I just say willy nilly? The world may never know.

On another note...
    @WilliamRLBaker said:
    " get a wireless the wireless headsets are awesome ergonomic, great battery life and good sound quality. as for that twisting the mic while its plugged in is a big no no they changed the design for reliability issues and cost affectiveness. "
    I heard the wireless ones had some issues like constantly making static noise even when your not talking and bad stuff like that. You've had no problems with it so far? I kinda want to buy one but I had always heard bad things. "
    no never had a problem those issues are old issues like a few months fixed after released issues.
    avengedxsniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By avengedxsniper

Wireless headset is definitely the way to go. Way better quality and plus no one wants to play video games with a wire hanging around. haha

soundandcolour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By soundandcolour

I find that there way to quite too, i have to turn my tv down, and can never listen to back ground music.

EvolutionX0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By EvolutionX0

For me i think it isn't because it breaks too easily but its the fact that it comes out of the controller to much. 
    I will never know why they changed such a good design.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By MysteriousBob
    @avengedxsniper said:
    " Wireless headset is definitely the way to go. Way better quality and plus no one wants to play video games with a wire hanging around. haha "
    The controller is already wireless. A wireless headset is completely pointless unless you're a god damn giraffe.
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Andorski

Yea... the wired 360 headsets suck.  Not that big of an issue, as they come with all system purchases.  Still, I almost find it offensive that Microsoft sells them as stand-alone products.  They should give them for free for anyone who has their headsets break, like Apple with their iPod earbuds.

The 360 wireless headset works well, but it's a bit overpriced IMO.  It's $50-60 for a headset that only works with the 360, and it's sound quality is only average when compared to other headsets at that price range.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By Coombs
    @WilliamRLBaker said:
    This, I haven't used a wired one since about a month after the 360 came out.
    Your controller is wireless, Why the fuck would you want a wire coming off it?
    hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By hockeymask27

I use to have the same problem. then I got a wireless 2 and 1/2 years alter still going strong.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@MysteriousBob said:
    " @avengedxsniper said:
    " Wireless headset is definitely the way to go. Way better quality and plus no one wants to play video games with a wire hanging around. haha "
    The controller is already wireless. A wireless headset is completely pointless unless you're a god damn giraffe. "
    This made me laugh.
    Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Coombs
    @MysteriousBob said:
    " @avengedxsniper said:
    The controller is already wireless. A wireless headset is completely pointless unless you're a god damn giraffe. "
    OR if you don't want it getting caught on shit and coming out of the controller at the wrong time,
    OR if you have big hands and the controller jack rubs on your thumbs,
    OR if you don't want to add wires to your WIRELESS controller, We use wireless for a reason.....
    avengedxsniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By avengedxsniper
    @Coombs said:
    " @MysteriousBob said:
    " @avengedxsniper said:
    OR if you don't want it getting caught on shit and coming out of the controller at the wrong time, OR if you have big hands and the controller jack rubs on your thumbs, OR if you don't want to add wires to your WIRELESS controller, We use wireless for a reason..... "
    OR if you just want a good headset that breaks less than the wired headset
    bravetoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By bravetoaster

i have 2 wireless headsets and i never have static problems. i've had them for over a year now and they still work like new. im not a giraffe though..... im a turtle and heavy sockem bopper user

No Caption Provided

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By iam3green

the headsets are stupid. i like the older ones where the mute and volume buttons were connected to the controller. the newer ones are now in the middle of the headset wire. the headset thing spins like crazy. i'm on my third headset, i'm using one that i found around the house. it is not even a microsoft one.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DystopiaX

buy a different one. 
    I bought Trittons. good for talking to people, good in-game sound too.

Camurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By Camurai

I've gone through 3 wired ones and the one i have now is exhibiting the same patterns the other ones had before they died.
    I'm not going to get a wireless official one though I'll probably pick up an actual gaming headset. maybe some Trittons, I'll have to do my research.

Avatar image for deactivated-61da50756e1e4
    deactivated-61da50756e1e4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm on mic numba 5, if it breaks, i don't knwo what i'll do.
     i'm on mic numba 5, if it breaks, i don't knwo what i'll do.
    Avatar image for pnut_buttr_panda
    PNut_Buttr_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PNut_Buttr_Panda

try it on another controller. ive had problems with mics with one and it turned out something in the controller got damaged (likely from being dropped) and the mics didnt work right. 

as far as changing the input. they just changed the design shortly after launch so the newer mics dont have the small plastic box at the end of the wire and the controls are on the wire up from the jack.

i would suggest a wireless mic. but they can be iffy sometimes when trying to connect them and the battery looses life after a while. i suggest you get a turtle beach headset. there a bbit expensive but work great.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By WickedFather

Get one of those doobries from dealextreme that let you plug in anything from an old poundshop pc headset to top quality goodness.

fresh2deafbill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By fresh2deafbill

i HIGHLY recommend the turtle beach X31 headsets

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Burns098356GX

I have the wireless mic, its ok. The sound is good, its much louder and clearer than the wired mic. The bit that sticks into your ear is comfortable, the loop around the ear is a little odd (but not uncomfortable). And its very durable. I've tossed that fuckin thing on the ground about a dozen times the last few weeks, still works great.

Downside, 70$ price tag.

Avatar image for pnut_buttr_panda
    PNut_Buttr_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PNut_Buttr_Panda
    @Burns098356GX: I too assumed the wireless mic abuser system more than once by throwing the damned thing across the room into the walls. and its surprisingly rugged.
    DetailsInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DetailsInside
    @Coombs said:
    OR if you have big hands and the controller jack rubs on your thumbs  
    What way are you holding the controller?  Your thumbs go on the thumb sticks which are nowhere near the headphone jack... 
    On another note, anyone know of a good headset that plays the game sound and voice through the headset or knows a way in which I could use a PC headset to do such a thing?
    Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Coombs
    @DetailsInside:   Ring fingers not thumbs......

headphone adapter And I don't know if you can play game sound through a headset connected to your controller.
    I have another adapter that allows me to hook my PC straight to my controller,
    Duke Nukem Lives on MW2!!!!
    Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Aus_azn
    @CaptainTryHard: Any old cell-phone headset works. As long as it's the 1.5mm (?, smaller than 3.5mm headphone jacks) jack, it will work.
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#33  Edited By big_jon

Yeah I am looking for a new mic too. Ive had three break.
    WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By WickedFather

No Caption Provided
    Girlfriend done baaaaaaaadd

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.