Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox One X Enhanced

Concept »

Games in which specific enhancements are made when played on an Xbox One X.

Three Splinter Cell games, Ninja Gaiden 2 and all Fable games are now enhanced.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Maybe it's not that exciting to that many people here, but I am very surprised by this news. I thought they'd settle for just being back compat, but I am pleasantly surprised by the fact they went a step further and enhanced these titles. To be clear, Fable Anniversary was already enhanced, but now Fable 2 and 3 are as well (which means I might finally go through three; it just gives me more incentive I guess). Splinter Cell: Double Agent, Conviction, and Blacklist have all been on back compat for a while now, but they are also enhanced. And lastly, Ninja Gaiden 2 was just put on there. I'm not sure about others, but I'm definitely checking the majority of these out. Anyone else going to check these out?

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2 chaser324  Moderator

Nice! I've been thinking about going back to Fable 2 for a while, and this might be the thing that pushes me over the edge.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By BoOzak

I've been hoping Ninja Gaiden 2 would be added for awhile, glad it's also being enhanced. Hopefully the framerate is better than the original, it could be a bit rough at times. (even though it aimed for 60fps)

EDIT: The original as in Ninja Gaiden 2 on the 360, not Ninja Gaiden/Black on the original Xbox. The framerate was always solid on that. (vita ports were rough though)

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boozak: Ha ha, I think you were clear enough without the edit. Yeah, I don't know. I'm installing it now. I just installed Fable 3. I'll be doing the Splinter Cell games next.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Great, now we just need the original 3 Splinter Cells to become backwards compatible also :)

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boozak: Hey, just want to say, as for gameplay the frame rate seems totally fine. The cutscenes, however, show some slowdown, but it's not a huge issue. Also, I haven't played this game in a long time so I haven't experienced it on my current TV nor on my current home theater system, but I recommend going into the options and fiddling with the brightness options. It's too bright on default, in my opinion, giving unwanted shimmer around objects and Ryu. You also have to turn on '5.1' in the options menu to get surround. This is really the perfect time to put Ninja Gaiden 2 on there considering we just had Sekiro come out, and it puts me in a more challenging game mood. Though I won't lie, I'm playing on the normal difficulty and it seems pretty easy so far. I've never tried the harder difficulties in Ninja Gaiden 2.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@ntm: Yeah, playing on Path of the Warrior is fairly easy, Mentor is much harder. I havent played Master Ninja in the 2nd game but i've heard the spike from Mentor to Master isnt that steep. I have a lot less experience with Ninja Gaiden 2 than the first game but one of the key differences is that most enemies dont seem to block, which makes sense considering how many of them there are but it is a bit weird coming from the first game and even Sekiro.

Graphically I think the games aged quite well too.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boozak: I'm nearing the end of the New York level. I think I'll probably beat it again; it's really good (better than I remember it). That said, some of the bosses are actually pretty difficult I'm finding until I find out how they work. I remember I really didn't like the New York area when I went through it before, but with the update in resolution, I'm liking it more. Just the vistas being cleaner makes me enjoy that aspect more. VG Tech did a video, and yeah the game runs much smoother, at nearly a locked 60fps during gameplay (only sometimes in the most demanding parts going down to 56fps for a second) while the 360 version was anywhere from the mid-30s to 60. Cutscenes are 30fps though.

I totally remember the game looking blurry back then, and it's because it was sub 720p, only 1120 x 585. On the X it's not a full 4K, but it could have fooled me because it's pretty clean looking, at 3360 x 1755. For anyone jumping off of a game like Sekiro and still seeks a challenging game, Ninja Gaiden 2 is a good place to go back to or play for the first time (especially if you have the Xbox One X). I'm kind of curious how the later bosses fair because I remember reading that one thing knocked against this game was that the bosses became cheap rather than skill based to beat. I've beaten the game, but it's been nine years and I played it on 'easy'. I beat it in 2010 going based on the achievements.

I didn't like the game when it came out; it was nowhere near as good as I was hoping it would be considering the first game is one of my favorite action games, so I didn't play it much after its release, but I came around to it two years later. Now, it's better than ever.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.