Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Series X|S

Platform »

The fourth Xbox console from Microsoft launched on November 10, 2020 with two distinct models; Series X and Series S.

My first week with the Series X was a comedy of errors

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Hey duders!

If you saw my other thread earlier this week, you'll have seen I had a few problems with the controller and the detection of a headet. I was banging my head against it nonstop, and I asked in several different places for fixes, including Reddit, Microsoft's message boards, and in my darkest hour, /v/

I absolutely could NOT work out what was wrong AT ALL. I was sure my controller was broken, or I got a dodgy Xbox, or any combination of problems

Turns out that in the audio menu, one of my bars was set all the way to the right, when it needed to be set all the way to the left. It was a 5 second fix, and I'd actually seen that bar about 25 times trying to fix it, but it was called the "Chat Bar" or something, so it made ZERO sense that that would be what fixed it.

Long story short, after a week of factory resets and trying every solution under the sun, I can finally play. It's a shame that I lost almost ten days of gamepass, but I guess that's how it goes sometimes!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

The More You Know"

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By gtxforza

That's unfortunate and I don't consider this as a comedy.

I hope you can get it replaced.

apewins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By apewins

I couldn't get my expensive gamer headset to work with the Series S either initially. After a few hours of trying everything and every setting many times (and almost ordering a new even more expensive headset), it suddenly started working and hasn't stopped since. I don't remember if I touched the Chat slider but it is possible that Microsoft just has bad default settings and tons of people are going through this problem. Like you said, calling it a "Chat slider" makes no sense because a headset can be used for general audio, not just chatting. Also, just like in Windows 10, there are at least 2 different places for audio settings and neither of them them has all the options so you have to check both pages. The page you access from the Home menu is very well hidden.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

The settings pages of the Xbox UI are a rat's nest and probably my least favorite thing to interact with on the console.

Hopefully it's all gravy from here though for ya. It's an excellent console IMO. Enjoy! What games do you think you'll play first?

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The settings pages of the Xbox UI are a rat's nest and probably my least favorite thing to interact with on the console.

Hopefully it's all gravy from here though for ya. It's an excellent console IMO. Enjoy! What games do you think you'll play first?

So far, I've been playing Gears 5, Red Dead 2 and The Ascent

They all seem cool!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.