Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox Series X|S

Platform »

The fourth Xbox console from Microsoft launched on November 10, 2020 with two distinct models; Series X and Series S.

What are the Xbox 360 games that got the best Series X performance boost?

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

So I managed to get a Series X, primarily so I could have Game Pass on a TV instead of my PC and because I was curious about tapping into some of the backwards compatibility games that got improvements. The main catalyst was seeing Binary Domain running and I was impressed with how good that looked. I remember looking up some other back compat games, but for some reason all I can think of is Binary Domain.

What games in your opinion got the biggest bump in quality? Personally I'm curious in games that got all the bells and whistles (framerate boost, resolution increase, etc.) but it doesn't have to necessarily have all those boxes checked. Should I just buy Binary Domain and call it a day?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Pillars of Eternity runs very well now and has reasonable load times on a Series X.

For actual 360 games, fire up Gears of War 3 with FPS boost on.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The answer is too many to really name here. There are the official FPS boost games and the ones that run in 4K and they are listed on Xbox's site and searchable in their storefront and library. Many of them look surprisingly good considering how old they are, in some cases as good as or even better than an official remaster. But while some other games haven't benefited at all, many games without official support benefit from all kinds of things like more stable frame rates, less pop in, and above all else faster loading times.

If you have Game Pass you should download a bunch of the available games and check them out for yourself, to see whether the effect is enough for you.

The backwards compatibility and especially the 360 and even OG emulator wrapper on Xbox is really spectacular.

If you want an example that really shows the difference then try Panzer Dragoon Orta. 4K with texture filtering, 60 FPS, and auto HDR. It's still an OG Xbox game so it's low poly and relatively low texture quality, but it looks like it got a really nice, clean, remaster. A lot of games are like that.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if series x can render them at 8k then down sample them at 4k then would make them look crisp ๐Ÿ‘Œ

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsocrates: I remember Panzer Dragoon Orta being one of the most crisp and polished looking games I had ever seen back in the day. Bet it looks great with the boost.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By liquiddragon

Ninja gaiden 2 hands down. Frame-rate was all over the place and would even lock in a few cases at sub 720p. Now itโ€™s 4k60

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.