Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

The classic tactical turn-based combat returns in this modern re-imagining of X-COM: UFO Defense.

How do you get more alloy?

joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

I researched plasma weapons and have the money, but I don't have the resources to make more plasma weapons ( I have 2, one rifle and one machine), but I want to beef my whole squad with it. How do you get more alloy?

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jking47

I believe you get it by shooting down UFOs and finishing the downed UFO missions afterwards.

EDIT: Or maybe just the UFO missions in general, I can't quite remember if I got it on the ones where they just landed.

phampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By phampire

alternatively you could just capture more aliens and get their intact plasma weapons.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By morningstar

UFO missions, you get more if they are landed. Same for Elerium, you are going to need a shitload of that as well towards the end of the game.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By BisonHero

@Morningstar said:

UFO missions, you get more if they are landed. Same for Elerium, you are going to need a shitload of that as well towards the end of the game.

Really? I'm at the end of the game, and I was never short on Elerium at any point in the game. I was always short on alloys, as like every damn Foundry project requires them, plus every single bit of equipment for your soldiers/interceptors costs alloys, but only a portion of those things require Elerium.

Is there something I'm doing to get more of it, like being careful to not blow up a bunch of stuff in downed UFOs? I swear I never had less than a hundred Elerium at any point in the mid and late game.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By morningstar

@BisonHero said:

@Morningstar said:

Really? I'm at the end of the game, and I was never short on Elerium at any point in the game. I was always short on alloys, as like every damn Foundry project requires them, plus every single bit of equipment for your soldiers/interceptors costs alloys, but only a portion of those things require Elerium.

Is there something I'm doing to get more of it, like being careful to not blow up a bunch of stuff in downed UFOs? I swear I never had less than a hundred Elerium at any point in the mid and late game.

How very strange, I had to wait two extra months to do the final mission to get more elerium, and even then I didn't have enough for all the things I wanted. I had more than 700 alloys though :p

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By BisonHero

@Morningstar: What even costs Elerium? All I remember costing very much of it was the Elerium Generator, and a couple one-time only facilities in your base. Maybe I need to go look at the costs of stuff again, but I swear that goddamn everything requires alloys, and most things usually cost more alloys than Elerium.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By morningstar

@BisonHero said:

@Morningstar: What even costs Elerium? All I remember costing very much of it was the Elerium Generator, and a couple one-time only facilities in your base. Maybe I need to go look at the costs of stuff again, but I swear that goddamn everything requires alloys, and most things usually cost more alloys than Elerium.

All the foundry projects cost lots of elerium, ghost armors cost a ton of the stuff and so on. Maybe we just focused on different gear or maybe we had different luck when it came to what materials we got from crashed UFO's.

JackG100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By JackG100

Best way to get plasmaweapons is, as someone said, to stun those suckers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.