Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

The classic tactical turn-based combat returns in this modern re-imagining of X-COM: UFO Defense.

Medkit rage

Iodine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Iodine

Anyone else love running up to a dude with 2-3 health left to heal him to only go OH MAN I AM MISSING ONE SQUARE NEED TO HEAL MYSELF. This has yet to really screw me, but when this happens maaaaaaaan

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Ravenlight

Nope. I move injured soldiers to my medic, rather than the other way around.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Turambar

@Ravenlight: I don;t think he means one square as in one distance, but rather one square of health, and thus the medic healing himself instead of the almost dead soldier.

Iodine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Iodine

@Turambar said:

@Ravenlight: I don;t think he means one square as in one distance, but rather one square of health, and thus the medic healing himself instead of the almost dead soldier.

Yeah, sorry if I worded it wrong

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ravenlight

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Yeah, that blows ass. Is there not a way to manually assign your heal target when there are multiple in range?

kerikxi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By kerikxi

After the first few times this happened, I just slowed down and made sure to target the right soldier. Playing patiently and methodically is a good idea in general.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By zaccheus

@Ravenlight said:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Yeah, that blows ass. Is there not a way to manually assign your heal target when there are multiple in range?

It's the bumpers on a contoller. I was really confused the first time I used a medkit, but the key is just to slow down. That goes for everything in this game. I'm not surprised Ryan had such a hard time with it since he isn't the most patient person.

The mistake that I have made too often is forget to check which weapon I have selected and using my piston by accident. I was sure one of my guys would die because of this, but I managed to save the situation with an insane clutch rocket that exploded right in front of him. Thank god for that 90% accuracy on those rockets.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MiniPato

Haven't had too much trouble with that. It has always targeted the injured squadmate instead of the medic for me. The only thing that gets me mad is when I accidentally click on a door instead of moving and then bust into a room full of elite mutons. I spend all my time stacking up soldiers around a room getting ready to breach, and then mess it all up with a misplaced click.

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By Chris2KLee

As said above, the bumpers are for selecting targets for healing. Made that mistake early to, and I don't think it's ever explained clearly how to target friendlies for effects.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.