Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

The classic tactical turn-based combat returns in this modern re-imagining of X-COM: UFO Defense.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown Playstation Store

ericjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By ericjohnson

Any of you Duders know if this might be coming to the Playstation Store. Where I live it is typically much cheaper to just buy digital. I've googled this to no end and used the search tools almost everyday to try to find out an answer to this query but I am finding nothing.

Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Shakezula84

Maybe someday, but it might be a while. Rockstar (a division of 2K Games) has moved all their games to PSN, but I don't know how 2K itself is embracing it.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By BisonHero  Online

@Shakezula84 said:

Maybe someday, but it might be a while. Rockstar (a division of 2K Games) has moved all their games to PSN, but I don't know how 2K itself is embracing it.

Borderlands 1 was free for PS+ members for a few weeks around the launch of Borderlands 2, so obviously somebody at 2K head office thinks PSN's somewhat unique features are worth taking advantage of.

Though that's not the same as embracing day 1 digital downloads of retail games. Dishonored is available from PSN right now, but XCOM is not; if XCOM didn't appear on day 1, I suspect that means they want to wait quite a few months for it to cool off before they put it out on the PSN store.

Rave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Rave

Bioshock 2 is a 2k game as well that is on there so I wouldn't be shocked if it was brought over. Did Civ Rev make it as a digital download?

ericjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By ericjohnson

Thanks for the feedback. I hadn't thought to look at what other titles 2k games put up on the store. Playstation Store is pushing this day 1 digital idea, but the 8 games they are showing now are mainly AAA titles. I'm not sure I understand that logic other than if it's just a "lets test this and see how many copies we can move to test the viability of this delivery method". Alas, I may yet have to wait until I go back to the States for Christmas. Thanks again Duders!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.