Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Apr 29, 2015

Xenoblade Chronicles X from MonolithSoft is an open-world action RPG about humanity escaping the destruction of Earth and fighting off their attackers with transforming mechs on an alien planet. It is the spiritual successor to Xenoblade Chronicles.

Full Party Control?

Benjo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Benjo

I'm wondering if you control your whole party in real time, or just your main character? I never got a chance to play Xenoblade on the Wii.

It seems like you can set up the automated logic for your party, but can you switch between characters to control them in real time?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

In the first one you could swap characters.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I hope so. My one minor complaint with XC was the occasionally moronic AI of your party. Some of those post-game bosses required some really specific strategies that were pretty darn hard to pull off with your party members farting around in the corner while you got your ass handed to you.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Yeah you definitely could in the first, would be a bit odd for that to change.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

It's really not that different from Tales of [dumb word here] or Dragon Age, in that you only have direct control of one character at a time, and you have to rely on everybody else doing what you instructed their AI to do.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

I kind of hope they change it so that you can give your party members direct commands at any time. From what I remember, in the original you had to fill up a three segmented special gauge in order to do so, and while you could play as the different characters, you couldn't change in the middle of combat. The only upside was that using a part of the special gauge let the character use an ability even if it was on cooldown, but having party control limited to that still sort of sucked.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.