Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Zero Time Dilemma

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 28, 2016

The third and final installment in the Zero Escape series released in 2016 for the PlayStation Vita, Nintendo 3DS, and PC.

Which platform do you intend to play this on?

• 65 results
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

Poll Which platform do you intend to play this on? (259 votes)

3DS 18%
    PC 29%
    Vita 34%
    undecided 5%
    I don't intend on playing it 14%

Personally, I'm torn between 3DS and PC. The PC will probably be the superior version in multiple ways, but I've played the previous two on Nintendo handhelds, so I kind of feel like I should get it on 3DS (also, I seriously need stuff to play on my 3DS...)

• 
    Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

PC for sure for me.

poobumbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Don't have a PC, but would be on that if I did. I've been scared off of 3DS thanks to VLR's save bug on there. I know that's unreasonable and likely not going to be repeated, but I'm superstitious like that.

I also had something happen with this game that hasn't happened in a long while, but was very welcome. If you had asked me a week ago when this game comes out, for whatever reason, I would have guessed late July or early-mid August. Don't know why, but that's what my internal registry told me. Found out over the weekend it comes out this month. Man, that feels good.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheBlue

VLR was great on the Vita, I fully expect this to be just as great.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I choose Vita pretty much anytime it's an option.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Playstation TV, baby! That's right. Wildcard. I expect the puzzles will feel pretty clunky, but it's the option that lets me play on a big screen and has those damn trophies that I crave for some reason.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

I'm gonna play on 3DS. From what I saw and heard taking notes in the Vita version of VLR was a pain without having the second screen to display that stuff on for reference, so I was fine with the graphical and audio downgrade just for a more playable game. Wouldn't want to play a visual novel on my PC either, it's something I wanna curl up in bed with.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been weighing my options between 3DS and Vita for weeks now. i'm not sure which one to get it for.

I really like my Vita, I love the look of the screen and the feel of the thing itself. But I do find the 3DS to be a bit more comfortable to hold, and the movable screen allows me to play in different positions more comfortably. Though I've found my 3DS to be a bit quieter than my Vita, and I really wanna hear what I assume will be Jammin tunes in this game.

.... There's a PC version too?!

god dammit.... lets weigh my options again from the top...

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

It'll depend honestly. If I was to get it right now it'd 100% be on PC. But I never work in the same office for more than a little bit at a time (and sometimes just from home like right now) so if I end up needing to commute more often and for longer, this would be a good handheld game. Vita or 3DS is a coinflip honestly, I have both.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Playstation TV, baby! That's right. Wildcard. I expect the puzzles will feel pretty clunky, but it's the option that lets me play on a big screen and has those damn trophies that I crave for some reason.

Ha that's probably what I'm going to do as well. That's where I have VLR.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stupid tablet picked PC when I wanted 3DS.

I'm playing it on 3DS because I have a 3DS and I liked playing the last game on 3DS.

amp_1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vita is my only option. I was already going to play it there but the other day I tried to play 999 to freshen up on the story and my 3ds decided to stop reading cartridges.

Anyway I'm really looking forward to this. Unless I'm forgetting something this is the only game coming out anytime soon that I'm interested in so it looks like it's just this and my backlog for the summer.

goldblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already pre-ordered the Watch Edition on 3DS so I'm going with that. It looks awful though, but oh well.

I might (probably) get it on Vita and/or Steam later when it's inevitably discounted.

MobiusFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be playing it on the Vita but I'll probably get the PC version too.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

I'm leaning Vita right now. I played Virtue's Last Reward on Vita and it worked out quite well.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't realize it was coming out on PC, I guess I might as well actually play this one instead of watching SGF play it.

Chicken008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Gotta continue with the DS/3DS family.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Vita for sure. VLR was a great experience on the Vita, this should be too. Maybe compatible with the PSTV as well?

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre-ordered the 3DS watch version ages ago, but I might double dip the PC version...I don't know.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Syce300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3DS for me. My other options are PSTV and PC and PSTV sounds real clunky without a touchscreen and a 40+ hour, assuming it's at least as long as VLR, visual novel is not something I wanna be glued to my PC for. I actually only decided to pick this up at all the other day when the hype made me finally actually start that copy of VLR I bought years ago. Now I'm 20 hours in and have maybe half of the branches cleared and I've gotten really sucked in. The only downside to 3DS for me is that I don't have an XL or New 3DS and I would love having a slightly bigger screen but don't play near enough 3DS to warrant buying a new one.

ElCapitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

Guys...I might play it on all three. I think I have a problem...

bucifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playstation TV for me primarily. I loved playing VLR on the couch with a notebook close at hand jotting down theories, puzzle solutions, etc. Will also buy the PC version as a gesture of support, the devs have always had a tough time releasing the previous titles.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews are starting to hit. It seems that the 3DS version is the worse of the three platforms. A huge bummer, because a part of me wanted to get the 3DS version. I guess it seems silly at this point to not get the PC version. Oh well, BoxBoxBoy is coming out for 3DS at around the same time, so I'll have something for my 3DS anyway...

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Pc version is the superior one so that was my choice. Plus its being published by SPike Chunsoft so more money goes to the creators.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Ordered it for Vita.. No idea it was coming to PC.

Eh whatever I like the Vita, so more games for it the better.

Avatar image for bowl-of-lentils
    Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#26  Edited By Bowl-of-Lentils

I want to play the game on a handheld but the 3DS version looks significantly worse in terms of graphics. Originally I was just going to play the 3DS port, because I played the other entries on Nintendo hardware, but after seeing a comparison I decided on Vita instead.

3DS
    3DS
    Vita
    Vita
    Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#27  Edited By Forcen

3DS screenshots always look worse than the real thing for some reason, I'm gonna stick with the platform I'm used to. I don't own a vita and the last games has used the touch and dual screen in clever ways before and the 3DS version is the only portable option for me.

Also games goes on sale more often on steam then on the eShop so i could pick up the pc version later.

civid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Still need to suffer through VLR (MAN the writing in that game) and the two Danganronpa games but I'll probably get it for Vita sometime this year.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Had it preordered for Vita, but canceled as soon as I saw it was coming to PC. They did a great job porting Danganronpa 1 and 2 to PC, so I have every reason to believe this port will be just as good (fingers crossed). Also antialiasing should make the presentation slightly better, though I really hate the art direction here. Reviews say the story is amazing and satisfying though, so I can't wait to play in like 2 days!

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vita so I can play it on the go. I got VLR as part of PS+ and in continuing with my tradition of rewarding devs who make good games that end up on that service and that I enjoy, I'll pick this up there.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Forcen

PS TV problems?

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@forcen: Yea I was gonna bring that up, I wish they had elaborated on the pstv issue... Like maybe tell us what the issue is?! Would've been nice. I tweeted back to them asking such, but no reply. Any body have any insight?

Game should be arriving tomorrow. I don't know if I should bother trying it on pstv or just avoid the hassle and play it on the vita.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Reviews are starting to hit. It seems that the 3DS version is the worse of the three platforms. A huge bummer, because a part of me wanted to get the 3DS version. I guess it seems silly at this point to not get the PC version.

After also having read some reviews now, I completely agree with this. Bit of a shame, but oh well.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is the 3DS version worse in any other way but the graphics?

Syce300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well this sucks. Just finished VLR last weekend and was really looking forward to tearing into this tomorrow but now it looks like I'll be waiting a few days because Amazon maybe fucked up? Between this, the PSTV issues, and the damage/delay for the Watch special editions this game is having a real shitshow of a launch and it doesn't seem like necessarily their fault.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I'm really curious to see how good the PC version is. If it looks as good as the Vita version, but has a better framerate that is pretty tempting. Especially since the Vita is steadily approaching death's door.

Is there any footage or impressions of how the PC version runs?

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Zeik

Reviews are starting to hit. It seems that the 3DS version is the worse of the three platforms. A huge bummer, because a part of me wanted to get the 3DS version. I guess it seems silly at this point to not get the PC version. Oh well, BoxBoxBoy is coming out for 3DS at around the same time, so I'll have something for my 3DS anyway...

People complained about the 3DS version of VLR too, and it was fine, besides that one bug. But as long as the only thing that is inferior about it is the graphics then I don't really care. It's kind of a no-brainer that the Vita version is going to look better than the 3DS, but I'd much rather play this on my 3DS than a PC.

Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:
    @beachthunder said:

People complained about the 3DS version of VLR too, and it was fine, besides that one bug. But as long as the only thing that is inferior about it is the graphics then I don't really care. It's kind of a no-brainer that the Vita version is going to look better than the 3DS, but I'd much rather play this on my 3DS than a PC.

Agreed, but the difference between the 3DS and Vita/PC versions of ZTD is a lot bigger than the difference between the two versions of VLR. Beside resolution, the colors look a lot muddier on the 3DS and the bottom screen, from what I can tell, seems to be unused. Play whichever version you want but the 3DS does seem to be a downgrade from the other versions.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syce300: It seems to be amazon just shitting it up because they don't want to send the games and the watches separately so they are delaying shipping out the games. Which, you know, sucks for people like me who didn't even order a watch edition.

I have other things to play right now so I really don't care if I have it tomorrow or not, but Amazon could at least have the courtesy to inform me that I'm not getting my game when I'm supposed to and maybe, I don't know, apologize.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Whenever I get around to playing it, it will be on the Vita. I still need to play VLR, though.

Bezerker85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#41  Edited By Bezerker85

Yea, once Aksys said the watches would be sent by Amazon later, I knew it would be a clusterfuck. Since the order summary only has 1 item, they'd have to create a new sku for the watch and add it to every single existing order before shipping out just the game (which I don't really see Amazon doing).

Right now I'm submersed in Tokyo Mirage Sessions, so I'm fine with waiting for the game.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be honest: I had no idea this game had even been announced, let alone the fact it's coming out in a few days. I'm just gonna go with the Vita version because I have to justify buying that thing whenever I have the opportunity... and it kinda seems like my VIta became a visual novel device at some point anyway.

ElCapitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

Vita version has hit the US PSN store!

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can confirm that the "issues" with the Playstation TV are that the game won't effing start. ARRRRRGH

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Forcen

Got the 3DS version, it looks fine. Just like all 3DS games the screenshots makes it look worse then it actually is somehow. The game doesn't support 3D however, not even on my New3ds.

Cav829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

I don't know why so many (granted a lot of this is in other forums and such) is making a rush to blame Amazon for the shipping delay until more information is out there. I know they're the big bad soulless retailer, but do we know if Aksys is volunteering to eat a couple of grand in shipping costs that would get passed on to Amazon for having to split the shipments? Or do we know if insurance is covering those costs of whoever out there screwed up on the watch order? Maybe Amazon is having issues figuring out how to get their ordering system to handle this? I'm just saying this is a pretty messy situation, so I'd save the rancor for when there's actually sufficient information out there beyond a couple of Tweets.

Inconsistent online customer service messaging doesn't surprise me. That's always a nightmare to manage. You need to call customer service for most companies if you want to really get anywhere. The companies that do online customer service well tend to be smaller in size and have like a few people in the office that work on that.

Anyway, this does seem to be quite the mess of a launch. At least I still have a bit of Severed left to tide me over for a bit. Here's hoping it's resolved soon. Aksys's PR guy is supposed to put out a statement inn the next hour.

Bowl-of-Lentils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Bowl-of-Lentils
    @forcen said:

Got the 3DS version, it looks fine. Just like all 3DS games the screenshots makes it look worse then it actually is somehow. The game doesn't support 3D however, not even on my New3ds.

I was actually just looking at the screenshots on the eshop and they look a lot better than the screens they released a few months ago. Guess they were able to tighten up the graphics on level 3 within that time.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TheBlue

@cav829: I can't speak for others but my biggest gripe with Amazon is the consistent lack of messaging regarding shipping delays/changes/whatever. I have dealt with a number of errors on their part in the past that were not communicated to me and were not resolved until I contacted them. I know that I'm just one of millions of tiny peons in the gigantic eyes of a corporation as large as Amazon, but when I am paying them for a service that promises me free shipping on release day delivery, I get a little irked when release day comes and goes and my order status has not changed whatsoever.

I could go on but the point is, a little "Hey, a thing happened and your game won't ship for a couple of days. Sorry about that." would've been nice.

Regardless, I got the standard edition and now they're saying I should get it Friday, so I don't really know how they're handling this.

An update on the situation as I was writing this: Aksys still appears to be in the process of shipping units to Amazon and Amazon is shipping them out as fast as they can. So, delivery dates are gonna vary a bit.

Syce300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cav829: The part where this is fucked on Amazon's part is that no copies shipped out today. Yeah trying to work around the watch stuff is a nightmare but why the hell is my normal version still sitting in an Amazon warehouse? Fortunately I got an update that mine should arrive by Friday, and ultimately it's not a big deal that I don't get a game immediately.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Forcen

@lentfilms: And you where viewing them on a 3ds screen instead of a tiny jpeg on your huge monitor.

But yes, that was a great idea that I didn't think about. If you are unsure of the look of the 3ds Version take a look on the eShop Screenshots.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.