Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

1C Company

Company »

1C Company is one of the largest Russian software developers / publishers.

The 1C Complete Pack and Me. Fantasy Wars.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By AlexW00d

Denerhalle

Here we have Fantasy Wars, a turn based strategy game in a similar vein to HOMM or - as I have never really played anything like this since a game on the Sega Gamegear many years ago - the combat from Civilisation 5.

No Caption Provided

Set in a world hit with constant warring, the game features 4 races: Humans, Orcs, Elves, and Dwarves; and with that three campaigns: Humans, Orcs, and Alliance. The human campaign pits you against orcs, and the orc campaign against humans; the Alliance is locked until you finish the other two, which was kinda annoying, as that was the one I wanted to play.

No Caption Provided

You have an army you go into each battle with, and you can pick and choose from a given pool to compose your army, to add more or less units depending on whether you can afford them. The units are the usual types: archers, swordsmen, scouts, brutes, and weak fodder like peasants. Your units gain experience for their actions, and you can level up and gain, what they unfortunately call, perks; things like extra defense for hiding in forest tiles for the scout. You also have hero characters, who are stronger than the rest of the units, and you have to keep them alive throughout the mission, for obvious reasons.

For a game only 6 years old the graphics are pretty dated; whilst the landscape is fine, the character units are pretty blocky, and generally bad.

The game is probably mildly fun, but my hero guy was defeated in one hit by an enemy, thus halting my play.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By AlexW00d

Denerhalle

Here we have Fantasy Wars, a turn based strategy game in a similar vein to HOMM or - as I have never really played anything like this since a game on the Sega Gamegear many years ago - the combat from Civilisation 5.

No Caption Provided

Set in a world hit with constant warring, the game features 4 races: Humans, Orcs, Elves, and Dwarves; and with that three campaigns: Humans, Orcs, and Alliance. The human campaign pits you against orcs, and the orc campaign against humans; the Alliance is locked until you finish the other two, which was kinda annoying, as that was the one I wanted to play.

No Caption Provided

You have an army you go into each battle with, and you can pick and choose from a given pool to compose your army, to add more or less units depending on whether you can afford them. The units are the usual types: archers, swordsmen, scouts, brutes, and weak fodder like peasants. Your units gain experience for their actions, and you can level up and gain, what they unfortunately call, perks; things like extra defense for hiding in forest tiles for the scout. You also have hero characters, who are stronger than the rest of the units, and you have to keep them alive throughout the mission, for obvious reasons.

For a game only 6 years old the graphics are pretty dated; whilst the landscape is fine, the character units are pretty blocky, and generally bad.

The game is probably mildly fun, but my hero guy was defeated in one hit by an enemy, thus halting my play.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.