Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Apr 27, 2010

2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa is the latest in EA Sports' FIFA World Cup series and it not only improves on 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany, but also adds some key elements popularized by FIFA 10 and UEFA EURO 2008

Demo Impressions

Sam_lfcfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Edited By Sam_lfcfan

I thought that the demo was very disappointing. While the graphics and gameplay seem to be improved, the options the demo gives you are minuscule. The demo has 2-minute halves (way too short!) and only 2 teams (Italy and Spain). Given that every country in the world is in the game, EA should have put more teams in the demo.

Sam_lfcfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Sam_lfcfan

I thought that the demo was very disappointing. While the graphics and gameplay seem to be improved, the options the demo gives you are minuscule. The demo has 2-minute halves (way too short!) and only 2 teams (Italy and Spain). Given that every country in the world is in the game, EA should have put more teams in the demo.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Mushir

It's a demo.

Sam_lfcfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sam_lfcfan
    @Twilight: I understand that, but 2 teams doesn't seem like enough in my opinion.
    EthanML

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By EthanML

For the purposes of a demo though there isn't really much point in having lots of teams; you obviously know they'll be in there in the full game, and for the purpose of seeing how the core gameplay has changed it doesn't matter who you're playing as. The two-minute halves thing is pretty BS, though.

So what were the most significant changes in the gameplay in your opinion? Are they good/bad?

Oh, and is this up on Live/PSN/both?

Mysterio76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Mysterio76

"Oh, and is this up on Live/PSN/both? "

Not sure about Live but its on PSN
    JebusF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JebusF

Almost every FIFA demo has only given you two teams and two minute halfs, maybe you'd prefer we went back to the days when the demo gave you two teams and ONE half of a match, at two minutes?

The demo gives you two high class teams including Spain, which helps showcase the nuances of the gameplay changes.  Most people would already know if they were getting the full game or not, the demo is just to give a taster, and it left me wanting more.

Also, for quite a while the Asian teams have been left out due to licensing issues, by allowing you to scroll through all the teams you get to see that they are in this game, which is a big deal for some people.

For me the gameplay changes make for a more fluid game and are certainly enough to make my purchase the game at the end of the month, but they also leave me excited for FIFA 11!

Oh and yeah, it's on both PSN and XBL.

Piglet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Piglet

The center halves AI when it comes to 1-2's is still really bad...You can get a break away or 2 easy every game-kind of disappointing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.