Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Apr 27, 2010

2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa is the latest in EA Sports' FIFA World Cup series and it not only improves on 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany, but also adds some key elements popularized by FIFA 10 and UEFA EURO 2008

FIFA World Cup or FIFA 10?

ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By ectoplasma

Hey guys, I used to play lots of PES5,6,7 on PC and I want to get a new soccer game, now with the world cup and all. I really liked the style of those games and I sometimes still play them, but they become really dated.  Apparently PC is no more an option since, out of some reason, the games (PES and FIFA) suck on PC (I get the new one on XBOX). From the titles metioned above, which one should I prefer? World Cup seems well enough recieved but is rated 10 points lower in average than 10. It is lacking a working "Be a Pro"-Mode, I don't care so much about. Also it has a 2 button control scheme which kind of scares me (I'm used to have 3 buttons for passing, plus an extra manual pass). Are there any real differences I should care about? Should I get the World Cup game just for the theme? Or are there any other major benefits from going with 10? Thanks for your help.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By clubsandwich

FIFA 10, best football game ever made, or just wait for FIFA 11.

outlawtotheend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By outlawtotheend

The World Cup game doesn't make you use the new control scheme. You can just play it like you've always play football games. The World Cup is really good. Obviously 10 has more teams and more depth in the form of manager mode and a fleshed out Be a Pro, which, like you, I don't really like. But World Cup has got Story of Qualifying and plenty of nice touches that 10 doesn't have. I'd rate the games pretty much the same. 10 is cheap now so you can go for that now and then maybe get 11 in Autumn.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.