Looks like Zelda and pixels (3d dot game heroes)

#1 Posted by Organicalistic_ (2954 posts) -
#2 Posted by yyZiggurat (1014 posts) -

Its not trying to hide it.  3D Dot Heroes is an homage (like Tarantino films) to games where a lone hero has to rescue the princess and save the kingdom.  I like it for that.

#3 Posted by FCKSNAP (2299 posts) -
@HomemadeZiggurat: It also doesn't take itself seriously. Ups for that!
#4 Posted by Organicalistic_ (2954 posts) -

Wow i made tihs weeks ago

#5 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -
#6 Posted by Organicalistic_ (2954 posts) -
@Diamond: nice review
#7 Posted by FreakAche (2951 posts) -

This game may push me to finally buying a PS3. For some reason I don't really like the visual style though. It doesn't seem retro to me, it just looks kind of like Lego.

#8 Posted by Three0neFive (2289 posts) -
@Diamond said:
" Plays like it too.  Here's my review. "
That review has a very negative overtone.

I sense a Zelda fan who's unwilling to share with the rest of us. D:
#9 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -
@Three0neFive: 
Actually I was a bit worried the review might be a bit too positive compared to how I feel about the game now.  The graphics and music are really nice in 3D DGH, but the gameplay in a lot of ways feels like a adequate Zelda 1 ROM hack.  The new features are nice, but the core designs of dungeons and overworld really didn't do it for me.

I'm also not too happy with most modern Zelda games.  I'd say some level of caution regarding the actual quality of the dungeon design is in order if you're hyped for the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.