Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Addiction

Concept »

A compulsive need for and use of a habit-forming substance characterized by tolerance and by well-defined physiological symptoms upon withdrawal; persistent compulsive use of a substance known by the user to be harmful.

Gaming and time

Truitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By Truitt

I really don't have time to play like I want to anymore. I seem to always want to play, but when I get to my free time, I can't seem to get myself to focus tons of time on playing. I've never been a marathon gamer. It would take a really fucking awesome game for me to play more than two hours in one sitting. I always have that voice in my head telling me I should be doing something else more "productive".

Question is, how do I deal with this? I'm happy that I have limits, but I'm also sad that I don't get through games fast enough. I also enjoy having a social life (as small as it may be)

But I digress. Gaming will (probably) never be my job, and it probably wouldn't be fun anymore if it was my job.

Currently playing - Dead Rising, Persona 2 - Innocent Sin, SSFIV: Great mixture of games for me right now. I pulled out Persona 2 a little fast after playing a number of RPGs, but its good enough to keep me working on it slowly but surely. I imagine I will play through Dead Rising twice, only because the game seems to demand it from you. I don't really replay games often, so it'll an interesting experience to do it back-to-back. And SSFIV is awesome. Hoping I have a friend or two interested in throwing down on a regular basis. Online has never been my favorite place to play games, but I certainly played plenty of SFIV that way.

Updates as they develop. This is the Truitt Gaming Network.

Truitt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Truitt

I really don't have time to play like I want to anymore. I seem to always want to play, but when I get to my free time, I can't seem to get myself to focus tons of time on playing. I've never been a marathon gamer. It would take a really fucking awesome game for me to play more than two hours in one sitting. I always have that voice in my head telling me I should be doing something else more "productive".

Question is, how do I deal with this? I'm happy that I have limits, but I'm also sad that I don't get through games fast enough. I also enjoy having a social life (as small as it may be)

But I digress. Gaming will (probably) never be my job, and it probably wouldn't be fun anymore if it was my job.

Currently playing - Dead Rising, Persona 2 - Innocent Sin, SSFIV: Great mixture of games for me right now. I pulled out Persona 2 a little fast after playing a number of RPGs, but its good enough to keep me working on it slowly but surely. I imagine I will play through Dead Rising twice, only because the game seems to demand it from you. I don't really replay games often, so it'll an interesting experience to do it back-to-back. And SSFIV is awesome. Hoping I have a friend or two interested in throwing down on a regular basis. Online has never been my favorite place to play games, but I certainly played plenty of SFIV that way.

Updates as they develop. This is the Truitt Gaming Network.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.