Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released May 20, 2008

Age of Conan is a massively multiplayer online role playing game set in the Conan lore.

Age of Aion... i mean Tower of Eternity: Hyborian Adventures..

minotaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By minotaka

Just messing with merged titles ^^ - anyway -

Im purely posting this because of the advert that is currently taking my attention on this site.  "BUY AGE OF CONAN NOW"  " REKINDLE OLD FRIENDSHIPS"  "THE EXPERIANCE IS HERE"  .....

Really?...  It's here?...   The last time i picked up this ass of a game was back when it was still a bugfest on release. Now i know that no game is perfect, especially mmo's which even the giants like WoW are still ironing out new found glitches / spolitz  / gameplay mechanics over a number of years, but my point is, has this 'Age of Conan' really come along ??

Recently  - this weekend infact - i signed on for the Aion beta + special addition stuff. Tbh i feel  a bit of a sucker after being lured into it with a promise of high level customisation (like AoC) and pretty graphics..... ( like AoC  *tears*) but already i've enjoyed that game a shit ton more than i ever enjoyed AoC. On some levels i think its an improvement over WoW. It doesnt exactly re-invent the formula but it adds a freshness with a few gameplay tweaks that makes it nice and playable. At first the "flight combat" had me weary a'la the  "ONCE YOU GET YOUR FIRST DECAPITION, YOU'll NEVER GO BACK"  bull that Conan pumped out.  In truth... it's not quite there yet... it's cool and all but obviously being a beta i can forgive it a bit :p

I guess my overall reason for a post is that i want to know who still plays AoC? Has it been improved??  And has anyone tested Aion :)

Thanks for you time everybody !

rokkis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By rokkis

Haven't tried AoC since it launched. I've heard they have made some improvements, but to be honest I don't care about it at all.

And WoW. Jesus christ. 3.2.2 - Onyxia is back. 
    Oh for fucking crying out loud. Instead of giving things a new coat of paint, they're just going to reuse everything now, and I read some blue post saying something along the lines of "the tier 2 helmets weren't the only things we wanted to bring back". So does that mean they're going to bring back more of the old dungeons? Do not want. I had just about enough of them in vanilla.

As you say, Aion "doesn't exactly re-invent the formula, but it adds a freshness with a few gameplay tweaks that make it nice and playable" and I agree with you on that. Over the course of 4 closed beta weekends I've found it to be pretty ejoyable. The level of character customization is pretty good. Recolor sets, transfer stats from items to a different look if you like it more and 20 different pieces of flab to adjust in the character creator (not an accurate number, btw).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.