Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Alan Wake's American Nightmare

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Feb 22, 2012

A spin-off of the 2010 supernatural-horror game Alan Wake, with a heavier focus on combat and a less melancholic tone. Set in a rural desert town, the Champion of Light must do what he can to foil the plans of his evil doppelgänger.

AMD Catalyst Application Profiles Reveal Something Interesting

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By korwin
    No Caption Provided

So the current set of applications profiles for AMD Catalyst show the American Nightmare subtitle under the Alan Wake profile, could this mean that the American Nightmare content could be released on Steam at some point in the near future after it's XBLA release as some kind of expansion?

Remedy have already done most of the leg work for getting their engine up and running (and well tuned I might add) on the PC so this doesn't seem particularly far fetched to me.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Would explain why It just came out on PC.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By korwin

Would be great if it was confirmed soon, I wouldn't mind skipping this on XBLA if I can pick it up on PC (the PC version of Alan Wake is great).

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By korwin
    benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By benjaebe

The more likely explanation is that they mistakenly are referring to the PC version of Alan Wake as American Nightmare, since the devs have linked to those Catalyst downloads to fix crossfire performance issues that Alan wake is having.

Though I'm sure American Nightmare will probably show up on PC in the future, it probably won't be for a while. MS is usaully pretty strict about games during their promo periods. How long did super meat boy take to come out on Steam anyway.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @benjaebe said:

The more likely explanation is that they mistakenly are referring to the PC version of Alan Wake as American Nightmare, since the devs have linked to those Catalyst downloads to fix crossfire performance issues that Alan wake is having.

Though I'm sure American Nightmare will probably show up on PC in the future, it probably won't be for a while. MS is usaully pretty strict about games during their promo periods. How long did super meat boy take to come out on Steam anyway.

SKUs differ and AMD's drivers, like Nvidia's, go through a complete WHQL process which means they are tested against specific builds of games and apps and in those cases SKU always matters.  This is definite sign of American Nightmare coming to PC and soon. 
    korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By korwin

SMB was a little over a month between XBLA and Steam. Also from what I've read, a lot of the engine enhancements that they've put in for the PC release (FXAA and what not) have also been included in the the Xbox version of American Nightmare.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By korwin

Quick, pester Remedy for comment! :D

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By AssInAss

Oh shit oh shit oh shit!

We need to tweet this to Petri or Oskari or someone! Stat!

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By emem

Didn't they say that it won't come out on the PC? Hmm... would be cool though, I really like what I've played of Alan Wake so far.

RobertOrri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By RobertOrri

Remedy owns Alan Wake and will most likely self-publish it on the PC. This makes perfect sense after seeing the first game arrive on Steam, and would allow them to keep awareness going for it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.