Is that it?

#1 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

I'ts been maybe 9 months since this game was released on steam. I was hoping for some kind of update or maybe a new campaign. Anyone know anything about it?

#2 Edited by KarlPilkington (2656 posts) -

Wasn't this the free game?  

You should be glad they released it for nothing at all.

#3 Posted by nukesniper (1311 posts) -
@Chabbs0 said:
" Wasn't this the free game?  "
Yeah. We don't really have a right to complain if they do absolutely nothing with it. However, Valve usually is good about that. I think they do need to focus on updating everything else rather than spend time on this though.  

Yes, it is not normal for Valve, but neither is making a game free. I'll let Alien Swarm be a bit odd at the cost of the zero dollars I paid for it.
#4 Posted by Rockanomics (1150 posts) -
#5 Posted by zaglis (908 posts) -
@Rockanomics said:
" @Demyx:
I haven't tried any myself but there does seem to be a decent sized custom map community. 

http://swarmarmory.com/maps?action=browse "
There are like 5 prestige levels yet you can not earn XP on custom maps so..that kinda defeats the purpose of playing the custom maps + since it uses the crappy .vpk, no custom zombies, weapons, etc.
#6 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -
@Chabbs0 said:
" Wasn't this the free game?   You should be glad they released it for nothing at all. "
i'd pay for a new game or something. I liked it a lot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.