viper5030's Altitude (PC) review

• viper5030 wrote this review on .
  • viper5030 has written a total of 2 reviews. The last one was for Altitude

Great 1-handed action!

That's right.  For me, the highlighting feature of this game is the fact that I can play it with 1 hand free with no disadvantage to my opponents.  Sure, at first it was tough getting the hang of using the mouse to control my speed, but everything else with that control scheme comes naturally (point where you want to move or shoot; 3 mouse buttons for 3 different actions).  Now I'm so familiar with it that I feel like I have more control using 1 hand on the mouse than 2 hands on the keyboard!

Aside from that, it's also a great, well-rounded game that deserves more attention than it currently has.  In fact, the biggest drawback is simply the fact that it's hard to find games.  Usually only 2-3 servers are available to me that have players in them and <150 ping, so I'm forced to play whatever game modes on currently running on those servers instead of being able to choose what I'm in the mood for.  We need more players!

PvP with classes, perks, and plenty of game modes to keep yourself entertained... what more could you ask for from a side-scrolling shoot-em-up?  The level of customization that is available for setting up your planes is just enough to allow players to tailor to their own playing style without letting things get too out of control.  It's just right.

The only reason I didn't give this game 5 stars is simply because I'm not blown away by it.  But it definitely is a great idea for a game with great execution.  I can't think of anything that the game is really lacking... so it's a shame that I can't bring myself to give it 5 stars.  I guess it's because it's not a game that I look forward to playing after work every day.  But I do enjoy every moment I'm in the game!